Eviscerate

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Kapura, Jun 2, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. Poor

8.5%
  2. Okay

10.6%
  3. Average

9.6%
  4. Good

29.8%
  5. Great

41.5%
  1. Kapura

Kapura Ancient

Eviscerate
    Created by Bl00D F1R3

Eviscerate by Bl00D F1R3 is a very unique map. It is asymmetrical, competitive, and beautiful. Perfect for slayer or pretty much any other competitive gametype you can think of, this map was built around a collection of structures, each with their own strengths, weaknesses, and accessible weapons. This promotes a strong feeling of map control; you need to either have the power weapons (rocket, sniper, sword or shotty) or their respective building to be successful. This gives it a strategy unique to foundry maps: You can’t just rush in blindly, but you need to hold your positions or advance tactically to make the enemies fail.

The buildings are not only tactical, but beautiful. This isn’t an aesthetic map, but it’s hard to not lose yourself in the great interlocking and building design. It all plays very smooth too, promoting the feeling of being transported into something remotely un-Foundry-like. This makes the map very well-rounded and fun to play on. 4-10 Players Recommended.

#1 Kapura, Jun 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2008
    Mr Pokephile likes this.
  2. ZANDER1994

ZANDER1994 Ancient

Omg Awsome! I downloaded. This looks so cool and I'm the first post on a featured map. Reminds me of sanctuary with the bases having those pillars to hide behind.

#2 ZANDER1994, Jun 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
    Mr Pokephile likes this.
  3. texturedlemur

texturedlemur Ancient

The map looks great and i love the idea of moving tactically and not blindly it is hard to find a halo 3 map that has that quality. I will DL cuz i like to play with tactics:D

4. Novak

Novak Ancient

I havent been a fan of any of Blood Fires maps, but Ive never seen this one before. Maybe its different, Ill check it out. I like the idea that each weapon only works in its certain area

5. V

V Ancient

:surprise::surprise::surprise::surprise:Wow, this is just amazing. I cqant get enough of it. I like the whole element of strategy involved here as well.

Mr Pokephile likes this.
  6. SVD Zero

SVD Zero Ancient

grats on the feature, i will definitely dl this map when i get the chance grats again

Mr Pokephile likes this.
  7. HumBoys

HumBoys Ancient

Looks nice, I'm glad this got featured, I saw the original thread and was very impressed.

8. Egoender

Egoender Ancient

I like the look of this map.

Gonna give it a try later this week.

9. LOCK.xcf

LOCK.xcf Ancient

It looks good, not the best feature, but still good

10. Creepy Pie

Creepy Pie Ancient

looks pretty good, i shall Download it later

11. Epic Tusk

Epic Tusk Ancient

Really this map got featured? I played this map like twice the other day and I have to say I was greatly disappointed. I was expecting so much from it, but the one major thing that was lacking was Game play. The map seemed rather bland and unrememberable. There wasn't anything that looked bad really, but nothing about this map seemed very exciting. The spawns were frequently off, and The airlift didn't work half the time. I had trouble finding a battle rifle. Overall the map just flowed horribly IMHO. If you want a good asymmetrical arena map look up Inertia by SuperFeiGn. That should be a featured map.

And don't come breathing down my neck, I did play this one and this is my opinion. I'm not saying the map sucks based on the three pictures. I completely forgot about this map until I saw it on the front page.

12. Kronos

Kronos Ancient

No. Just No. This isn't horrible. But for sure not amazing. . . It's just a few structures, it's put together very well, it's not that, but a lot of people could make this just as good, there's nothing special about it. It looks like an MLG map but with less boxes.

Again, it's put together fine and it looks fine, but it's not amazing, and a lot of people could do just a good of job as this. I have not been a fan of the latest features, thought TDF's "MotT" thing was cool.

Sorry to put bloodfire down, he's not bad at all, just not extraordinary at all either. I do like the idea behind making strategy important, but from the text, it sounds like the gameplay on Epitaph, get the power weapons. . . stay there until the weapon respawns again.

True, I didn't DL this, but from the pictures and description, I stand by what is said above. The weapon thing may be worded wrong in the thread, I don't know, but it doesn't appeal to me.

Don't give me bad rap if you're thinking it, this obviously isn't me coming in and typing "Epic Phailz! You sck at frging!" Not counting that of course.

I had an idea though. . . is there a rank for finding the featured maps? I don't think there is. Maybe you admins should make a rank for that, like how event staff, moderator, loyal, are. A different color with a title to do with featured maps. They would be the ones in charge of searching the forums and selecting the featured maps. Just a suggestion.

Edit: I hate it when people just come into these forums and say, "It looks amazing!" or "Awesome" or write a sentence or two about how awesome it is just to get their post count up, if you don't have a reason to leave a reply, then just don't.

#12 Kronos, Jun 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
    SwordScar likes this.
  13. Chipsinabox

Chipsinabox Ancient

Nice time on getting featured. What is it, Like four or five days?

14. Kagemusha

Kagemusha Ancient

Wow... I was almost finishing up my review for this map... And this is the least I thought would be featured. Why not Project X? Why not Jedwali? Why this map? This map gets old, and sometimes screws up.

15. Mr Pokephile

Mr Pokephile Forge Labs
    Forge Critic Senior Member

wow um thanks? and anyways both of thoes deserve a feature, there both great maps i made Tex's video of project X and im going to make one of Jedwali

16. DARKLORD123456

DARKLORD123456 Ancient

Havent played it yet but ima DL and play a couple games of slayer on it :) Im glad this got featured, i saw it a while ago when i just became a member and thought it might get featured, maybe im psychic ;). The pillars look sexy btw lol.

#16 DARKLORD123456, Jun 3, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  17. rtlbeans

rtlbeans Ancient

looks really good i cant wait to download and play

18. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

this seriously got featured? it doesn't look like a feature worthy map at all... must be something im missing here. is it really fun to play or something?

19. xltkx headshot

xltkx headshot Ancient

Great Map

Awesome map man.

20. Kagemusha

Kagemusha Ancient

Sorry Blood Fire, but I did mean to offend.