Evasion

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by ReleasetheMonk, Jul 27, 2008.

1. ReleasetheMonk

ReleasetheMonk Ancient

I'm back with my second map, which took me quite a few hours in Forge, with interlocking, save and quit, and all those good standbys. So, here it is: Evasion.

The idea behind this map came from the I Am Legend map and Fat Kid gametype. I really liked the ideas behind the I Am Legend maps, being that you had to solve puzzles to ensure your survival, and from the Fat Kid Gametype, in which there is almost no way to survive, as the Fat Kid is nigh on invincible. So, I decided to marry the two into one map. The puzzles are not so much puzzles as they are decisions that affect gameplay.

The supported gametype, "Survive!", is very much against the humans. They have only normal traits, but the zombies are invincible. You can try to assassinate them, but it would get messy fast. They move at 50% speed, so the only to win is to evade them, and stop their advance. But remember, they have radar and you don't. They are smart, and can adapt to your strategy. Be warned....
    [​IMG]
    Zombie Spawn

The Zombies start above the map, and can either start into the map floor, and seek out the humans, or they can wait, and watch their strategy. The Humans, on the other hand, have to act fast to survive for the 10 Minute time frame.
    [​IMG]
    Human Spawn

Directly in front of the Humans is the all important weapon: the Rocket Launcher. But, it doesn't respawn, and it only has two shots. And you are presented with the game altering, life-or-death, made in the space of about 10 seconds: safety, or stopping power?
    [​IMG]
    Rockets

There are 4 options, two of which are connected steps. The first option I will show is stopping power. Above your head are two pallets, each holding an important weapon that each don't respawn: a Flamethrower, and a Needler.
    [​IMG]
    Decisions, Decisions

The other option is to unblock a teleporter, and blow up a grav lift to get to a good defendable spot. I set one grav lift to start the match, but never respawn. The second one doesn't spawn at the start, but will spawn if you blow up the initial one. Then, using the second rocket, you have to unblock the reciever node to get to "relative" safety.
    [​IMG]
    Grav Lift

[​IMG]
    "Relative" Safety

[​IMG]
    The Unblocking

[​IMG]
    The Payoff

[​IMG]
    View from "Relative Safety"

[​IMG]
    Teleporter to....You get the Idea

This map is small, but with a lot of players, things can get very hectic very fast. With half the players being zombies, the humans feel inferior, and have to rely on their speed, their wit, and each other. It was designed with the intent to have open passageways, and a generally open area, but to have obstacles in the way of both the Humans and the Zombies.

[​IMG]
    Area "A"

[​IMG]
    Area "B"

Download "Evasion" Here!
    Download Supported Gametype, "Survive!", Here

Please, download, and give me feedback!

2. Pettifer7

Pettifer7 Ancient

i like this map its not bad needs improve meant

3. Widestoned

Widestoned Ancient

yeah i would say need it needs some improvement but it is really good. for example you could make a bridge against the wall blocking off the long ledge so they dont camp there

4. Dr. Chombie

Dr. Chombie Ancient

it doesnt seem like a bad map however it looks like its very easy to get out of the map with a simple grenade jump.

5. ReleasetheMonk

ReleasetheMonk Ancient

In the gametype there are no grenades, and you start with Plasma Pistols. Sorry I didn't add that.

6. Orphanslayer92

Orphanslayer92 Ancient

It looks alright, just a little open. I can see you know how to interlock from some of your pics and I wonder why you did not use more of it. For you next map, interlock everything and make the map a little less empty. Otherwise, good map and good post.

7. FreakyPenguin5

FreakyPenguin5 Ancient

it looks easy for the zombies to get out of the map by walking on the ledge or humans could double jump out nice post though

8. Alien Emperor

Alien Emperor Ancient

looks like a really good map and some good ideas with the decisions.