Remake Evap

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by IluvLEGO, Sep 15, 2012.

1. IluvLEGO

IluvLEGO Promethean

This is a version of my old GOW Canals map but I have decided to take it out of the water and build it up in the flat grassy part of forgeworld basically because it seems to play better and not have lag issues. It is only a small map really so I would recommend 2v2 games but its set for more if you want to play 4v4. I built this a while ago so I cant remember all the weapon details and stuff but I'll explain power weapon locations under the pics. I haven't done this posting stuff for a while so forgive me if its a bit rough, hope you enjoy the map.
    SPAWN
    [​IMG]
    There are three ways out of the Spawn area, straight ahead under the middle bridge is a Rocket Launcher, left and right take you to either the upper or lower walkway depending which side you spawn. There is a grav lift on the way to the lower walkway which takes you to the upper balcony where there is a grenade launcher.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SNIPER BRIDGE
    [​IMG]
    You can get straight to this bridge regardless of which way you leave spawn, this is where the Sniper is located but make sure you get it quick because the other Sniper can see straight across.
    MIDDLE BRIDGE
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The middle bridge is also accessible from high or low side and you will find the Rocket Launcher underneath it. There is also a grav lift taking you to the upper balcony on the lower walkway at the bottom of this bridge.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    UPPER BALCONY
    [​IMG]
    This balcony is accessible by using the grav lifts on the lower walkway and is a good spot to pick off people on lower levels.
    TELEPORTER BALCONY
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There is a teleporter at the bottom of a ramp near the Sniper, this takes you up on to a balcony above you where you can pick off people on the balcony opposite. There is a Needler up here that is within range of anyone opposite.

#1 IluvLEGO, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  2. fpsQUADRAsnipar

fpsQUADRAsnipar Promethean

It looks like a really good map. Plus making a small map is good, most people seem to have difficulty with sizing down in place so huge and open as forgeworld. Moving to a grass base rather than water like from GOW, was actually a really good idea, and you can tell the green grass with it's uneven surface counters the grey metals with flat surfaces. Question, is that cover really neccessary? (2nd pic) Does it provide too much cover and block the snipers line of sight? If you make a similar map, expand it, I'd be intrigued to see it. Over all, very well done!