Legendary DLC Escape Zombies on The Hilltop

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by Eaglendia, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Eaglendia

Eaglendia Ancient

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

VIP Traits
    Damage Resistance: 200%
    Shield Multiplier: 4x Overshields
    Shield Recharge Rate: 0%
    Damage: 110%
    Primary Weapon: Magnum
    Weapon Pickup: Enabled
    Speed: 110%
    Gravity: 150%
    Radar: 25m Enhanced
    Forced Color: Gold
    Vehicle Use: Full Use

VIP Team Traits
    Damage Resistance:
    200%
    Shield Multiplier: 4x Overshields
    Shield Recharge Rate: 0%
    Primary Weapon: SMG
    Weapon Pickup: Enabled
    Speed: 110%
    Gravity: 150%
    Radar: None
    Forced Color: White

Base Player (Zombie) Traits
    Damage Resistance: 50%
    Shield Multiplier: Normal Shields
    Shield Recharge Rate: 110%
    Damage: 100%
    Primary Weapon: Energy Sword
    Weapon Pickup: Disabled
    Speed: 200%
    Gravity: 100%
    Radar: None
    Forced Color: Zombie

Escape the Zombies on the Hilltop is a one-sided VIP game on Avalanche. The VIP Team's objective is to fight their way to the top of the hill, gain 5 points then survive the incoming zombies for three minutes until the Hornet's arrival. Ammo is limited and scarce, but weapons will spawn over time, and four trip mines are available as well. The VIP and his teammates can all survive five hits from the zombies, but one hit in the back will do you in, so watch your back and make sure you can trust your teammates; if that's not enough help, standing within 15 meters of the VIP will provide 10m standard radar. The VIP's teammates will respawn for the first 90 seconds of the game, and any deaths after this time will result in their becoming spectators. When one minute is left on the clock, the Juicy filter will be activated, and a Hornet will descend onto the bridge for the VIP to enter and fly to the final point, worth another 5. The zombies' goal is to kill the VIP before then; VIP kills are also worth 5 points, so if the zombies won't let you get to the hornet in time, at least try to survive and stop the other team from getting points. The Hornet is indestructible, but it can be boarded by the zombies, so clear the landing zone of hostiles before you try to make it out, or you might just get thrown out of your Hornet. Work as a team, and your survival will be ensured.

Be careful, though; those zombies have no plans to die alone...

[​IMG]
    Custom Powerup (Juggernaut) Traits
    Damage Resistance: 200%
    Shield Multiplier: 4X Overshields
    Shield Recharge Rate: 50%
    Speed: 50%
    Gravity: 50%
    Radar: 25m Enhanced
    Forced Color: Black
    Immune to Headshots: Enabled

90 seconds into the game, this Gravity Hammer wielding "Tank" will emerge from one of the zombie teleporters; the zombies spawn with five seconds of weapon pickup, allowing them grab the powerup and gravity hammer from the weapon holder available in their spawning area. Though resilient, this Juggernaut is slow, and as a result, he's not all that strong on his own. He might be able to pick off a loner or two, but with sufficient backup, his Gravity Hammer and increased damage are a forced to be reckoned with, and he may just clear a room.

The map and gametype settings were tested in 4v4 games; feel free to adjust them based on how many players you have. Though there are no honor rules, a level of "douchebaggery" in gameplay is still possible. If the VIP and/or his teammates decide to run off, they will likely end up dying without points, but they will also find that half of the map is blocked off, and all of the bases and mancannons are inaccessible; you can see this in the video below. (Watch in high quality!)

YouTube- Halo 3 - Escape Zombies on The Hilltop

That about wraps up my first ForgeHub post; hope it's up to community standards. Comments appreciated.

Download: Escape Zombies on the Hilltop

#1 Eaglendia, Dec 5, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  2. LOL Master

LOL Master Ancient

This map reminds me of that map Cave Freaks by Insane and Shock, except it's more holdout. The idea of a base on Avalanche is great and fresh and conserving ammo and items promotes teamwork. The only problem I have is the lack of picture of the area.

3. suriname2

suriname2 Ancient

Sort of reminds me of Asset, but it is definitely a unique idea. I like the fact that the zombies are so fast: the sides seem to be reasonably even.

4. Kalriq

Kalriq Ancient

It reminds me of the original Halo 2 zombie initial idea,
    I love this map, especially the way the hornet drops in.

I think I might DL, although I would probably give it a slightly longer time limit and give the hornet more objectives to fly to, maybe have some more timed map events perhaps?

Nice map, this has its plasce on my active transfers.

5. whiizzle

whiizzle Ancient

6. Rorak Kuroda

Rorak Kuroda Up All Night
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Ya, definantly an asset feel. You should try adapting the map for asset, since it already has the territories and what not.

7. Organite

Organite Journalist

I've been trying to venture back into forging on avalanche. O had a map kinda like this and cave freaks going but then sandbox came out. This map makes me wanna finish mine. Maybe I will after I finish my sandbox series.
    As far as your map itself, I like the battle to the hilltop but it would have been better to make the humans have to trek a bit further to the hill because once they're actually up there it seems like it's relatively easy for the humans to take out zombies coming up the hill.

8. FrieMore

FrieMore Ancient

I wish they woudve made infection with an option to have one human vip that the other humans have to protect from zombies. 4/5

9. NinjaLemon007

NinjaLemon007 Ancient

This is a good map the humans are not overpowered which is quite unique for infection maps and the infected are not underpowered which yet again is unique I like the balance of good weapons and the need too conserve ammo this is quite creative, Ok now onto my list of moans and advice(Quite short) First My Moans: It is impossible for the infected to get any points and if the hornet blows up the game is ruined, The humans are 100% guaranteed to survive due to infinite lives, The Juggernaut(Tank whatever) had not the best respawn in that video he could have had worse, The trek up the hill was absoloutely minute. Now my advice: I thought as the Hornet was flying away you could have had a camera set up at the hill to give it the Left 4 Dead Get to the Chopper feel and fly away look(I really like the filming in Left 4 Dead when the chopper flies away into the distance, Give the humans a set amount of lives it would give the infected a chance to win, Add some point for the Infected killing humans if you feel that would imbalance the points onto the infecteds side simply up the points you get from the hills, Possibly put the custom powerup somewhere alot scarier for the humans, maybe on a ledge somewhere, I dont know if this was in there but an indestructible vehicle setting would be good and honistly I dont know about the trek, maybe make that bit a second part and utulise the other side?
    EDIT
    8.25/10

#9 NinjaLemon007, Dec 12, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  10. Eaglendia

Eaglendia Ancient

The Infected can gain 5 points by killing the VIP. The Humans do not have infinite lives; anyone that dies after 90 seconds essentially becomes a spectator. The hornet is indestructible, and the walk up the hill is meant to be short.