Es Car GO

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by Masta Blastr, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Masta Blastr

Masta Blastr Ancient

[​IMG]

Now you are the delicacy

Created by: Masta Blastr
    Aesthetic assistance by: Goldman01

Max players: 8

Description:
    Es Car GO is a race track built through and around a giant slug. The track features the biggest ever front flip drop that goes through the inside of the slug and also parts of the track built against the top of the map to force your mongoose to drive slowly.

The slug would have been a snail but the object limit was reached.

The race starts with half the players sliding down the back of the slug to their mongooses and the other half spawning next to them. You then drive off the end of the slug and around a spiral turn. The you follow along off cambered turn going into a man cannon boost to the top of the map. At this point you can only drive very slowly because you are being pushed against the invisible barrier at the top of the sky bubble. At this part you cannot move with a passenger because their head sticks out higher. You can choose to take the safe way or the short cut across the column. Be careful though because if a small part of your mongoose goes over the edge you will get stuck. After the slow turn you will start driving towards the mouth of the slug. Grav lifts are positioned here to speed you up at certain points. When you enter the slug you will do a front flip all the way to the bottom of the map where you land perfectly on some shield doors. Exit the end of the slug and do another lap.

Pics:

[​IMG]
    50% chance to spawn sliding down the back of the slug.

[​IMG]
    First spiral turn with a family of simple baby slugs.

[​IMG]
    Accelerated ramp to the top.

[​IMG]
    Slow turn

[​IMG]
    Short cut. Don't let your wheels go over the sides or you will get stuck.

[​IMG]
    Into the slug. Grav lifts speed you up.

[​IMG]
    Front flip back down to the bottom.

[​IMG]
    Viewing platform

[​IMG]
    Overview

Thanks to Mattimator for making the video.

YouTube- Halo 3 Racetracks: Es Car GO (MAAD)

Download Es Car GO

#1 Masta Blastr, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  2. LIGHTSOUT225

This is very impressive Masta, and the name is pretty clever. I love the aesthetic touches. But I think I love the shortcut more! I've always wanted to see stuff like that finally make it into some tracks. Adding the risk v reward factor into Halo race tracks has definitely been missing, and Im excited to see how this pans out. I'm currently going through the Assassins Creed 2 DLC that just came out today, but I'm definitely gonna find some time tonight to check this out. Keep up the good work!

3. boomerdude

boomerdude Ancient

i like it but he is licking his own slime trail lol..... would have been cooler if u did a loopy loop as a shell to get out but nice job looks really well done and the shortcut is pretty funny i could see some noobs gathering on it

4. Panncakez

Panncakez Forerunner

Ha ha, Escargo... Icwutudidthar.

Nice theme, really unique idea. The slug is sort of... cute. In a weird way. The track itself also looks good. Nice idea using the tin cup bottoms as a way to accelerate the racers.

5. MetaWaddleDee

MetaWaddleDee Ancient

I played this, and it was fantastic.

BUT! let me run you through me driving this track...
    your first turn is really awkward, the second turn is also very bad. but the slowdown part was really sweet only because of the shortcut and the grav lifts. Then the front-flip *Orgasm* it works perfectly everytime!

and it took me a while to realize that those were small slugs around the map...
    9/10

6. DracoStraybyrn

DracoStraybyrn Ancient

Escargot is snails, not slugs.

8D

Beautiful track though Alvin, you definitely have my download. Wish you'd get on to play more often though. :p

7. Masta Blastr

Masta Blastr Ancient

1. You can't eat the shells.
    2. I didn't have enough objects for a shell.
    3. Go instead of Got adds to the pun.
    4. I have been on more often than you.

And I couldn't get the mini slugs any more detailed. They're up to your imagination.

Also the slug was named Ralf for unknown reasons by people I played it with.

[​IMG]

8. LIGHTSOUT225

I got a chance to drive around this for a bit just a while ago, and while I like the idea overall, but the slow section is just not conducive to racing. In fact, it completely breaks the flow of what is already a short track, and just makes it.. not very fun right now. Perhaps if you lowered that track just a bit it'd be much smoother. Was there a particular reason why you built it that way? Did you know that would happen?

#8 LIGHTSOUT225, Jan 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  9. ShaddoBlade

ShaddoBlade Fuzzy Little Man Peach

As everyone else has said, I really like the snail and the front flip, but the rest of the track seemed rushed and sloppy. However, the grav lifts are pretty cool, and I like how you made the smaller slugs out of only two pieces. That was pretty ingenious. I just wish you would have taken more time with the rest of the track, because the front flip is really fun.

10. LIGHTSOUT225

The front flip IS pretty cool, Ill definitely give you that. It was surprisingly smooth, too. I wasn't expecting it to work so well, but it does. Fix the slow section and I think you'd have a real nice short circuit track.

11. SpamRabbit

SpamRabbit Ancient

seems a bit short, but the slug is great. You should have don a shell for the slug so it would be a snali because isnt escargo french for snail??

12. Masta Blastr

Masta Blastr Ancient

I made the entire track with the object limit reached because the slug took so many which is why it's short/sloppy.

I originally started making a slow track for lulz and then I found that the downward push makes an awesome front flip so I continued from there. Then I made the slug to represent the slowness of it.

If I lowered the slow bit the front flip would not work the same and it would not be as unique.

13. Mega Snipez

Mega Snipez Ancient

Well now, this is definetly interesting. I have just clicked download and cant wait to try that front flip (wont be able to until parents stop playing), but overall it looks pretty good. I agree with most other people here though, it may have been better to sacrifice some aesthetics to make the track longer. Either way its not that big a deal to bump up how many laps to win. Good work 4.5/5

14. LIGHTSOUT225

Really? That's a shame.

15. LinkinPork

LinkinPork Forerunner

Wow, nice track. The baby slugs could be better though, but that doesn't really matter.

16. itsmebiff

itsmebiff Ancient

wow this is really nice... its quite different too (in the good way) but i really like this. It brings a new style of race tracks into play.. im gunna dl and try with some friends but keep the great works up.. i tihnk i can smell a feature..

17. Masta Blastr

Masta Blastr Ancient

No that's the slug emitting a foul odor to scare off predators.

18. Hari

Hari Ancient

Some of these maps that are made are absolutely stunning. I'm not exactly sure what was going through your mind when you made this, but the result is fantastic. Also, nice pun.

19. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented
    Forge Critic Senior Member

If you could make it so the crest of a hill was the only part that was that high, I think that'd make it much better. You could probably make it so at the top of the tin cup section, it flattens off a little lower and then make the turn. Then when you are getting to the big slug, you could incline a little more so it gets that downward push to make the frontflip work right.

20. Masta Blastr

Masta Blastr Ancient