Eruption!

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by xOWNAGEx29, Mar 19, 2008.

1. xOWNAGEx29

xOWNAGEx29 Ancient
    Banned

Eruption

Yes is a vocano based map but with some twists. It's a map best played on VIP, NEUTRAL BOMB, or TEAM SLAYER. First of all in the middle of the map is a giant volcano. On the volcano I used the melting objects glitch but did it a little different I put little cracks and crevasses in it to hide when people come traveling by. And yes you can walk up most of the volcano but our next surprise gets a little in the way. The moutain road. This rickety old rode winds all the way around the volcano and comes from both bases. Taking this road takes you from your base, he the top of the volcano and then to the other base. It was made to be a hard road to drive on but very rewarding if you master it. You see the only way in or out of your base is in a mongoose. Why? We did this for a couple of reasons 1. To greatly reduce the chances of spawn killing. 2. To make it seem more realistic, think about it you could never make it in a mountain landscape just walking, gotta keep out the animals too = ). and 3. We thought it would make an interesting twist to the game. Inside the volcano is a different story, it's where the hill and bomb are placed along with one on top. The only way to access it is to drop down into it from the top. Down there you have an area like area inside the belly of the beast to duke it out. Once you are done down there you walk into a slim passage way and then shoot through the scorpians tail back up to the top of the mountain. This is about all I can tell you about it. Thanks for looking = ).

[​IMG]
    The volcano in gameplay.
    [​IMG]
    In the belly of the beast.
    [​IMG]
    The base with anti-spawn killing system.

Download Here:
    http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=18589572&viewreplies=true#end

2. TexturedSun

TexturedSun Ancient

So what exactly stops people from just walking out of the base? Do you have teleporters at each entrance to catch people?

3. xOWNAGEx29

xOWNAGEx29 Ancient
    Banned

No we used a newer method you can get a fence wall low enough so that you can't crouch, but just high enough so that a person or 2 on a mongoose can drive through it, it's quite cool actually, try the map out.

4. TexturedSun

TexturedSun Ancient

hahaha, how odd.

I'm gonna download it, just to see that in action.

5. xOWNAGEx29

xOWNAGEx29 Ancient
    Banned

Lol thanks I guess. Tell me how it goes?

6. xMess U Up247x

xMess U Up247x Ancient
    Banned

Great map dude, I can't beleive you made this without me. This is outstanding.

7. nealsaviking

nealsaviking Ancient

The bridges look a bit messy from the screenshot. It might just be the view though. I'll download and check it out.

8. xMess U Up247x

xMess U Up247x Ancient
    Banned

They look messy to give it the mountainy feel, would you expect to drive up mount everest on a highway?

9. Comrade172

Comrade172 Ancient

This map look fun and I like the no spawn killing system. But what happens if there isn't a mongoose?

10. nealsaviking

nealsaviking Ancient

No I mean at one point it looks like a Mongoose can't even drive up. But I'm sure it's just the view. Looks really fun though!

11. xOWNAGEx29

xOWNAGEx29 Ancient
    Banned

Then you have to wait. Or have a bud come get you. On an updated version we made we put neutral spawns all over the road and took one mongoos from each base and put it at the top of the mountain. We might put that up for dl.

12. xMess U Up247x

xMess U Up247x Ancient
    Banned

I just played it, I like the little crevaces in the side of the hill yu can jump out and attack approaching players.

13. xOWNAGEx29

xOWNAGEx29 Ancient
    Banned

Yah dude thanks.

14. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

i like how it has extensive use of the mongooses and it looks like you took great care with the volcano

15. xOWNAGEx29

xOWNAGEx29 Ancient
    Banned

Lol yah thanks, the making the volcano seemed to never end. And yah if you suck at mongooses the only way to win at this map is to hide in the crevaces and jump out when someone comes by.

16. nealsaviking

nealsaviking Ancient

I can only imagine how long this map took you.

17. GD27 BlueDevil

GD27 BlueDevil Ancient

Great Map (by the looks of your pictures. People don't realize how hard it is to make a curves or slanted structure until they try and create a map like this themselves. Great Work!

18. xOWNAGEx29

xOWNAGEx29 Ancient
    Banned

Thanks MADkill and nealsaviking it was hard to make and it took two of us on the same screen 8 straight hours. It was a project alright lol.

19. WD911

WD911 Ancient

That looks very cool
    i have attempted to make a pyramid type building like this, not like the block ones like most people and its very hard
    gratz.

20. xOWNAGEx29

xOWNAGEx29 Ancient
    Banned

Lol thanks man we put alot into this.