Sandbox Equinox

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by Flair iz NasTy, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Flair iz NasTy

Flair iz NasTy Ancient

Equinox
    Created by iTz Flair

Suitable Gametypes: Battle Snipes, Battle BR's

Recommended Players: 8-16

Description:
    In the midst of this excavated wasteland looms the towering monster of a racetrack, Equinox! This racetrack includes multiple banked spiral turns, 2 massive hills, a completely cheat proof system and much more! After approximately 35 hours of work, take this 45 second racetrack for a few more spins and experiance the true beauty of Equinox. By iTz Flair

Pictures:

Overview:
    [​IMG]

Another Overview:
    [​IMG]

Starting Point:
    [​IMG]

First Turn:
    [​IMG]

Second Turn:
    [​IMG]

Rolling Hill:
    [​IMG]

Off Combered-Wooden Dip:
    [​IMG]

Corkscrew Turn:
    [​IMG]

Glowing Tunnel:
    [​IMG]

Third Banked Turn:
    [​IMG]

Massive Rise:
    [​IMG]

Massive Dip:
    [​IMG]

Fourth Banked Turn:
    [​IMG]

Off-Cambered Slope/VIP Point:
    [​IMG]

Download Here

Thanks For Viewing!

2. RaBBiiTTT

RaBBiiTTT Ancient

35 hours...wow that's a long time.

I really like the design of this track. It's somewhat different than that of others. Absolutely all turns on this map look well made.

The glowing tunnel is beautiful, and it's a rare sight to see in racetracks.

My favorite part of the map is the "Massive Rise" and the "Massive Dip" simply because it gives more excitement than normal tracks. Normal racetracks usually have only one or none of those, but Equinox has two which is a big plus from me.

Overall, great looking racetrack. Can't wait to cruise in here.
    BTW, what does Equinox mean?

3. bam3214

bam3214 Ancient

you definiately have out done yourself on this one flair. great job. i DLed it already but havent gotten around to playing it yet. which reminds me, i have some race tracks to show u before i post them ;)

4. Flair iz NasTy

Flair iz NasTy Ancient

An equinox is kinda like the sun changing it's axis when seasons change. I got the idea from x DREAM 76 x, and it does make sense partially because approximately half of the racetrack is in the dark, you know? And is sounds cool.

5. Silver0range

Silver0range Ancient

Wow. This racetrack is simply amazing. My favorite part by far are those various off-cambered turns, which are a blast to drive and give a break from the boring old bank and drift style turns, which look good, but don't have a lot of replay value. This map looks great for Battle Snipes, but not Battle Lasers. Will you post this on XF?'

Just a design question for you here. I'd like to use some of the original objects in my design, but if I do so I won't be able to interlock as much as I want to. I was figuring I could use some in a straight up and down area, like the two hills you've created. How important would you say interlocking on those hills is?

6. RaBBiiTTT

RaBBiiTTT Ancient

I've cruised here a while ago. Here's what I have to say about Equinox.

The construction was without a doubt great. It was very smooth. Although, the bad part is that this map did not meet my expectations.

There were a number of times where you go upwards or turn and then end up not knowing where the rest of the track is anymore mainly because of the darkness. You could have added some light there. That's the main problem. You get lost at a certain point.

That's what made me delete it from my hard drive (no offense). Make a v2, improve on those and then this map would be great.

7. last_chaos_7

last_chaos_7 Ancient

I've seen this map a while ago and i'm going to re DL just to make sure I have the right one...... but this track is really smooth and fun and different (sorta) from all the other tracks...... some of the stuff that was going to be new is in the track i'm making right now (dangit lol).... THe rolling hills are great..... the changing from day to night is fantastic and I was like woah! sweet!

The only thing I don't like in this track is the end how you drop down at the weird angle.... other than that great track! 9/10

8. oO SLiK Oo

oO SLiK Oo Ancient

Nice Flair you fanally posted it. This is your best map yet. Its very fun when racong by yourself. It sucks that you hit the item limit. I know how you feel because my newest one. Good Job.

9. Halacar

Halacar Ancient

This is an absolutely beautiful track, and one of the only ones I've seen with a completely unique feel and look. Can't wait to try it out.

PS. This is the ONLY race track I have ever downloaded. Congratulations.

10. AnF Knight

AnF Knight Ancient

Great job on the track flair I have been waiting for this one for a while. The length is very impressive as well as the fact that you made it so that it goes from day to night I love that. Overall I dont have much to complain about because this is your typical amazing track made by you. I am still amazed at how fast you make these things lol.
    Any way great job 4.9999999/5 lol . (I give it that because Im sure theres something wrong with it).
    P.S. I might have a little something to post later today or tommorow.You know what it is Flair lol.

11. mikecincifan22

mikecincifan22 Ancient

wow man this is amazing the turns are so smooth and the overall layout is just fun to cruise on. Very good job! 4.8/5

12. Grif2200

Grif2200 Ancient

Good forging, the glowing tunnel is a nice feature. The massive rise is good as well. It's different to other race maps, nice work!

13. FORGING2PERFEKTION

very nice race map.
    i see that you interlocked everything and geo-merged the wall at the start nice job.
    maybe i would add the effect juicy to your map for a warm feeling.
    so overall i cant give you critic about the forging of your map so a 5/5 good job.

14. EGP

EGP Ancient

Ok now Im pissed..
    You and dream both come out with race maps while I am in florida and I don't get my xbox back untill monday. I really like how this map looks. I do know one thing, you can't say that this map is not original. I like the way you used the outer part of sandox. I'll have to play this with you monday, can't wait.

15. dennis1895

dennis1895 Ancient

this map does have it.
    good job you made it fun to race now .
    because it goes high in the sky and really has good turns. and it looks very good.its not a long track with simple turns but very steep turns.
    you should make a rollecoaster map that goes really high and down and that stuff.
    i think you could make a very good one because you really have patience.
    you can tell that from this map and those from before.
    5/5

16. x DREAM 76 x

x DREAM 76 x New World Man

Nice job Flair. I mostly like the map. The ending really ruined it for me though. I know you were running close to the OLN when you built the last section near the goal, so you had to throw that section together quickly. I often miss the goal point becuase the last hill is way to banked and cambered. I can't control the last turn and I can't see when I am going over that hill. Other than that, the track was pretty fun. 4/5

17. CyraxZ

CyraxZ Ancient

Normally I would dislike having a sharp (and somewhat random) change in brightness, though I suppose that's what makes this track different from the rest. I've never played on a race map quite as diverse or as intense as this one. Plus, I can tell that you did much planning before you began building this track. It's definitely worth a download.

18. Kryticate

Kryticate Ancient

Looks nice, but the fact that some pieces stick out like sore thumbs, while everything else it dark it is light. Even though that is Bungie's fault, try to fix it anyway.

19. LuckoftheMoose

LuckoftheMoose Ancient

This map is absolutely amazing! My friends and I can't stop racing on this map, lol. The effects look so amazing, the track is perfectly smooth, and the aesthetics are crazy! I can tell a lot of time has been put into this map, and I really think this should be a featured map. Great Job on this map 5/5! :)

#19 LuckoftheMoose, Jun 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  20. mrcleanup

mrcleanup Ancient

The track is totally smooth and the spiral is nice touch to the track. The Idea behind the Day and Night sides of the track is great but I see in the Pictures that you put a red light on the Dark side of the Map. When I think dark I think no lights or blue lights, because the blue lights remind me of moonlight. I think that it would be a good Idea if you replaced that red light with a blue light. Other than that you have done a great job on the map. Wish that I could DL it now but bungie is down with XBL at the same time.