Sandbox engraving

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by cdn xxraiderxx, Aug 18, 2009.

1. cdn xxraiderxx

cdn xxraiderxx Ancient

Engraving is a small map meant for FFA, 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3. it is built in the skybubble of sandbox. it has 2 levels which are main level which holds most of the weapons or the upper level which gives you a veiw over most of the map. there is no specific gametype.

Weapon list
    BR x 2 - 45 sec
    carbine x 2 - 1 min
    smg x2 - regular
    plasma pistol x 2 - regular
    magnum x 2 - regular
    2x frags/plasmas - regular
    1x mauler - 1 min spawn
    1 bubble shield - regular.

now for the pictures

overview 1
    [​IMG]

overview2
    [​IMG]

sideview
    [​IMG]

spawn area
    [​IMG]

link for map:Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

#1 cdn xxraiderxx, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  2. CC Pybus

CC Pybus Ancient

I think I can kind of see one flaw from the pictures, obviously I can't get a great idea because of their size but it looks like you could definatley use more railings.

3. schleb

schleb Ancient

raider- on photobucket right where you upload your pictures there is a pull down menu...i think defualt is 100by75 (TINY) which i think you used. so just switch that to 640by480 (LARGE) then to bulk upload pics just hold down the ctrl button! good luck my friend

4. Extensity

Extensity Ancient

Id try and enlarge the pictures. From what i can see the map looks ok, but ill give it a download when the pics are bigger.

5. VIBlackDragonIV

VIBlackDragonIV Ancient

When you log in to photobucket at the very top where it says "my albums" and "find stuff" there is is the option to edit images right below the two and it will let you slightly enlarge the pics with resize which should be first in the drop down and allow you to resize to about 640X360 which isnt great but better than now. However I used haloscreenshots.net yesterday and it worked fine so you may want to try and use that again because it is so much better and easier.
    When the pics are fixed I'll edit and take another look. Hope this helps

Edit: I'm glad to see your pics up and running. I like the map but you will soon figure out that most people like to have guardrails to keep them from falling off while strafing and such. It is a major pain but adds to the overall quality of your map. Good Job on getting your thread and map up.

#5 VIBlackDragonIV, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  6. Mander

Mander YOU WOKE THE DRAGON

I can indeed see that it is a small map, lol. Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're already aware of the problem with your pictures. Otherwise than that it looks like a decent map but pretty easy to fall off the edge.

7. cdn xxraiderxx

cdn xxraiderxx Ancient

thanks, i guess i will add gaurd rails but i kinda figured they wouldnt be needed, but i will add them into the a v.2