Endfall

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Vincent Torre, Mar 23, 2013.

?

What do you think of Endfall?

1. Okay

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. Average

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. Good

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  4. Great

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  1. Vincent Torre

Vincent Torre Ancient

[​IMG]

Endfall
    Created
    by Blackout8SIX

Recommended Gametypes: Infinity Slayer, Oddball, Slayer, SWAT, King of the Hill
    Recommended Players: 2-8

Endfall is a beautifully forged map that does not sacrifice functionality. Blackout8SIX does an excellent job of creating unique scenery with unconventional object usage. The map has excellent use of color throughout. Along with aesthetics the map functions well by providing excellent cover and unique lines of sight. The opportunities granted by the jet pack definitely make it the armor ability of choice on the map; however the variety of routes up provide adequate counter attacks.

The upper portion of the map is well balanced through the use of tight corridors and open lines of sight. Movement in the lower sections is simple because of the available cover overhead. While the middle level of the map is more open from above, the cross map views are well broken up. The engagements on this map are both varied and challenging due to these combinations of areas. Endfall is divided into essentially four regions allowing for exciting flanking opportunities.

[​IMG]

Please download Endfall and we hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Congratulations and thank you to Blackout8SIX for making this map.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Download Endfall

You can view the original map thread by the author here.

Want to see a map featured? Let us know here.

#1 Vincent Torre, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013
    IIII SEGA IIII likes this.
  2. PA1NTS

PA1NTS Promethean
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Great feature choice. Loved this map. Those circular brace towers are too awesome.

3. cluckinho

cluckinho Well Known

Congrats, broski.

While I haven't played this, the geometry on it looks great and feature-worthy. Nice job.

4. Elliot

Elliot BIOC
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Had a great time playing this map a few days ago. It looks amazing and really deserves the feature.

5. Blackout8SIX

Blackout8SIX Forerunner

I appreciate the feature Mick. I hadn't been on Forgehub in several days and was pleasantly surprised when I checked yesterday and saw this in the featured map section. Most of my work goes unnoticed since I don't do any customs or testing with people on this site. So it means a lot that you felt this map was feature-worthy. PA1NTS made the first comments on the map's main thread after several views with no comments. At first I thought it would eventually find its way into the forgotten realm of forge history, so having forgers like you and PA1NTS tip your hat to it is definitely one of the high points in my forging history. I'm glad you liked the map. I do try to make aesthetic maps with function to them. This map started out as a small idea and progressed from there. There are a select group of forgers that deserve respect and you two are among them. Thanks again. And thanks to everyone else who has commented and critiqued the map.

#5 Blackout8SIX, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  6. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

Just because You may not see a post, does not mean that we do not appreciate your work. people here have gotten into the habit of playing maps before leaving meaningful comments. We played it, and loved it! I for one, thing the aesthetics and object usage in this map are beautiful and creative! Well deserving of attention!

7. Blackout8SIX

Blackout8SIX Forerunner

Like I said, since I don't really play with anyone on Forgehub, I'm not really sure if my map is good or people are just commenting to comment. I know who the top dogs are on this site and nods from them are very much appreciated. Its like Tiger Woods complimenting you on your golf game. I'm just glad people like it and want to play on it. Thanks for the compliments!

8. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

Lmao Big dogs. Honestly, the people who are the big dogs are people I had never heard of until they came and posted a random map one day. Your involvement in the community would be awesome, but that wont stop you from being appreciated as a big dog in the gaming world. If you want to play with some kids from FH, send me a friends request or look at some of the guys in the custom lobbies, BIOC, or TCOJ. They are awesome people and we'd love to see more of your work!