End of the Line

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Draw the Line, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Mercenary1982

Mercenary1982 Ancient

Should've called it 3:10 To Yuma! LOL... very nices qued

2. Cosmic Rick

Cosmic Rick Ancient

Umm... Yeah. Wow. This map is gorgeous. Stunning, really. The gameplay feels a little bit linear, but it's different from what you usually see, so I like it. I haven't been able to really look through yet, but again: wow!

3. Bottlecap

Bottlecap Ancient

This idea seems to be completetly new and entertaining. I will download this. - Brute Captain

4. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

Are you going to be using a similar design? You'll have to show me the map when you're done.

5. Maxwell360

Maxwell360 Ancient

VERY cool map man. I tried it out with some of my friends yesterday, they loved it and had to go download it. We still have one question to ask you though. How was anyone supposed to find that Spartan Laser, did you plan out all of these hiding spots!?

6. abixenator

abixenator Ancient

Wow, I like it. The idea, everything is pretty original. I like how you made and put flags on the train, too.

7. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

Glad you guys enjoyed it. The Spartan laser is supposed to be discover by walking directly over where it is located. As long as you walk through the narrow walkway, the icon to pick it up will appear. So as long as a player is in the area, they should be more than able to stumble upon it, as you did I assume.

The spawn locations for these weapons came by semi accident. As I was toying around with interlocking boxes together, I realized there a small triangular gap in between the three boxes I had merged. "No problem, easy fix I thought", but then the idea popped into my head that a weapon could fit perfectly into that little notch on the ground. I was intending on spawning the Spartan Laser right in that location, and luckily it fit perfectly in there without modification. It was meant to be. I was also trying to be very original with this map (As many of you have already noticed), and was willing to try something new and unique. The other locations were formed similarly, nothing was really ever planned on being "Hidden" but it just worked out that way. And I think it really ties in with the Mining theme I have, without the weapons being impossible to reach.

8. Aristotle328

Aristotle328 Ancient

Aesthetically, this is a masterpeice. I was only able to fly around it in Forge. None of my friends were online so I wasn't able to play an actual game on it.

As I walked around the map, I actually felt like I was in a mine. I love the caves, ditches, and ledges. This map is pure genius. I love how you placed the rockets, spartan laser, and the flamethrower. The train is amazing.

I like how and where you placed the weapons but I won't know how balanced the map is until I play a game on it.

So far I give this map a 5/5, great job man, can't wait to play a real game on it.

-Aristotle328

9. Critical Ghost

Critical Ghost Ancient

not what i was exspecting when i clicked on ur map. That train is amazing how long did take to make

10. Rise Against

Rise Against Ancient

Thats awesome.

11. celtics513

celtics513 Ancient

looks awesome. ii was just wondering how the infection variant works on this?

12. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

Infection can pretty much work in every map, but in this instance I have the zombie spawn where the flamethrower spawns. The other players will spawn randomly in the map. The best defensive area would be the train, so players will want to move there as quick as possible before a zombie finds them first. I've played a few infection games on this map, and they have been fun. I recommend playing Save the Last Bullet, otherwise players could camp in the train all day.

And someone asked how long the train took to make, and it took about 2-3 hours after making modifications so players could only enter from the back of the train.

13. A Nasty Fresh

A Nasty Fresh Ancient

Really cool and very creative on the train

14. Ocean Man

Ocean Man Ancient

I think this map should be featured by forgehub, It has everything it takes and beyond to make it a great map. This is a totally new map to me, Its more than Foundry. Just saying, its better than your average map.

15. frigoc1

frigoc1 Ancient

train looks awesome!

16. Epic Tusk

Epic Tusk Ancient

This looks really AWESOME and this is a place holder so that I may find this thread again. I will let you know what I think of this map when I get back to ya.

17. Perfectdarkl33t

Perfectdarkl33t Ancient

Thats a really nice map.

18. Mercenary1982

Mercenary1982 Ancient

Hey i took the sword and put it on top of your engine. It makes a cool hood ornament. ;)

19. Perfectdarkl33t

Perfectdarkl33t Ancient

All we need now is a little panther to put on the tip of the train.

20. sendernode

sendernode Ancient

really nice map - like everyone else said good job mixing aesthetics and playability.