Sandbox Enclosed

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Gollygeeanelite, Aug 8, 2009.

1. B3NW

B3NW Ancient

Wow love the look of the map.

Aesthetics look really nice, looks well forged, good layout.

When I saw what I think is the clock and the aesthetic bridge thing underneath I expected the tunnel underneath there too lead to some sort of base so im kinda dissapointed with that. As others have pointed it its kinda small for flag and assault and tbh I think this map would best suit FFA and the bases redesigned to fit around FFA

2. Gollygeeanelite

Gollygeeanelite Ancient

The bases are designed fine. If I redesign the bases, I would redesign 85% of the map. Also, the bases do play well in FFA. Red hall probably will be used more, seeing as it's bigger, kind of the way it is with longshore, but the Gameplay is fine with the base design. The map that this was built around lacked bases, but played so well that it blew my mind.

3. B3NW

B3NW Ancient

Okay well sorry my bad, im just not able to play on my xbox this second so I was going by the screenshots, the bases looked a bit plain in the screenshots.

4. Gollygeeanelite

Gollygeeanelite Ancient

They are very angular. I really must have gotton you the spawn hives confused with the fact that they are all one. Check the overview. I'll be on later, c ya guys.

#24 Gollygeeanelite, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  5. Eculc

Eculc Ancient

just to let you know...your thread title is "Sandbox Enclosed"

I know that's not the name of your map, so I thought i'd let you know.

back on topic, this map is great--the tunnels and bases are expertly forged, and the center looks great as well!

6. Gollygeeanelite

Gollygeeanelite Ancient

They are very angular. I really must have gotton you the spawn hives confused with the fact that they are all one. Check the overview. I'll be on later, c ya guys. However, Im dissapointed that you didn't read the various sized texts, which will definitly affect the way you play this map. You gotta read dude, you can't judge a map based alone on the pictures.

#26 Gollygeeanelite, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  7. xItZ JENKiNSx

xItZ JENKiNSx Ancient

Wow! I`m very impressed that my map inspired you to make a masterpiece! When I helped test and edit the map, I was amazed. Especially when my teammate quit and I was outflanked by you and your teammate! :D

4.8/5 Sorry nothing is perfect.

8. Re Amplify

Re Amplify Ancient

This map looks great, especially the aesthetics. I haven't seen many people who created their own enclosure in the crypt on Sandbox but it looks great and I can't wait to try it out.
    But this just stands out to me because its very unique and have never seen anything close to something like that.

[​IMG]

9. Gollygeeanelite

Gollygeeanelite Ancient

Hey, thanks dude! It was kind of what I was aiming for. I wanted a unique center that would provide natural cover. I also wanted it to look cool so it would stand out over the other maps that are also enclosed. I have made so many changes to the map is kind of funny. Thanks for the recognition

10. Dobam

Dobam Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Wow good sanbox forge map ! your midlle are great but the overshield spawn are wonderfull because the floor of the structure are green lol !!!! i love the green tunnels LOL ! The bluebase and the red base are cool to for her tunnels ! 4.5/5 For the good weapon on your map and for your forge talent !

11. kill4overkill

kill4overkill Ancient

I really like that there isn't many strait walls. The green wall is very unique and I love the center structure. I also like where the teleporters are on the wall. The use of teleporters in that formation isn't very unique but I don't often see it on a wall like that. Overall great map 9/10