Emergent

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by TheMarsVolta, Jun 24, 2008.

1. TheMarsVolta

TheMarsVolta Ancient

You sort of hang in the air suspended for half a second. In production of the map I put a window panel on an angle so you would bounce back on to the box. Then I realised that if anyone was to play a CTF game on it then that would make the grav lift somewhat overpowered. Meaning that if your flag is at the top, all you have to do is grab their flag and take it to the grav lift, guaranteeing you a cap. This way the flag carrier is vulnerable to shots, so it isn't as easy to cap.

The man cannon was something that I just had to settle for as the grav lift didn't get you to the top level 100% of the time.

EDIT: Updated the weapons list in the original post

#21 TheMarsVolta, Jun 24, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  2. Weremidget

Weremidget Ancient

What?! Where's the credit to me for being a continuing source of inspiration and that sort of thing? Sheesh, don't expect enlightenment in the future, buddy.

Anyway, this map is really neat. It's well made and looks good, and it's great fun for 1v1. If the screens persuade you to download it, don't discard it without a play on it. 1v1s are just so much fun on it, I quite honestly think you'd be missing out if you didn't give it a quick game.

So yeah, good job Volta, great first post.

3. TheMarsVolta

TheMarsVolta Ancient

You'll get mentioned when I win a grammy, until then you'll have to be patient.

I've started updating little bits of this map already. I never really considered putting much (if any) cover in the middle level until I read some of the comments about how open it is.