Elevation

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Paulie Walnuttz, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Dr. Chombie

Dr. Chombie Ancient

thank god this is a 1 sided map. i like 1 sided as much as symetrical games but i rarely see 1 sided maps so good job and nice interlocking

2. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

Tasty treats, I like. Really nice visual appeal to this map and a high quality of interlocking and geomerging throughout.
    The structural work is really fluid and all surfaces and ramps are well constructed and thought out. I like how you used fence walls for ramps outside and doors for ramps inside, they both work perfectly in the situations.
    The way you have used one of the back areas but not the other, it gives you alot more room to work with when making a 1 sided map and gives it a more interesting shape.
    Weapon placement seems solid throughout and I like how you actually managed to integrate the water feature into the map so well, the placement of equipment in the stream is nice.

I did notice 1 or two bumpy surfaces around the map, nothing major, but could be easy to tweak. The small fence wall/window panel platforms with the sniper in the attacker base are a little bumpy, you could geomerge the fence wall so it is flat. I notice you don't have many objects left to work with, but you could use the door dividing the central corridor and use the door method to geomerge the fence wall.
    The fence walls that cross the stream are also a little bumpy, if you place a wall across the top of the surrounding double box surface, spawn the boxes out and then float the fence walls pushing them against the underneath of this wall it should be level and without bumps.

These are really small things though, nothing with a real negative effect on the maps playability. You show a real skill with interlocking and geomerging, good planning and a real talent for choosing the right object for any job. The map seems pretty polished and every area compliments the whole creation very well. Good job.

3. Paulie Walnuttz

Paulie Walnuttz Ancient

thanks for the good feedback everyone.

4. Ryan. K.

Ryan. K. Ancient

Cool map. I think this would be awesome for Multi Team!
    Oh yeah, how did you get the box merged into the ground, with just a little bit of the underside showing, in that picture where the BOMB plant is.

5. The Hudacris

The Hudacris Ancient

Paulie I am very happy this isnt a house. Hopefully your next map will be even better. 4.5/5

6. Metallic Snake

Metallic Snake Ancient

i think that this map looks great, except the outer part. it just seams plain, but the landscape is very well made. i think if you had just blocked of the elevated area, then it would have been an overall better map. but it is very good, so 6/10

7. Val

Val Ancient

nice waterfall. like the idear

8. Paulie Walnuttz

Paulie Walnuttz Ancient

thanks everyone, enjoy the map

9. SYkOP4Th

SYkOP4Th Ancient

Testing this map with you was alot of fun. Slayer worked great and the map itself is very well made.

10. StreetSoccer12

StreetSoccer12 Ancient

This map look's amazing! Reminds me of those castle's with the water surrounding it. This should be featured it look's pretty amazing.

11. XaBo

XaBo Ancient

The basement of this map looks very good, and nice interlocking it looks like it took some time. Good job.

12. PwnCakes

PwnCakes Ancient

would you like me to make a video walkthrough of the map?

Paulie Walnuttz likes this.
  13. shadowwolf

shadowwolf Ancient

The map looks cool i will DL for one flag games

14. DRiSCOLL

DRiSCOLL Ancient

looks good, the waterfalls a nice touch and everything lookjs nicely interlocked, its a cool layout, looks fun even tho im not a fan of 1 flag but still gd job

15. PwnCakes

PwnCakes Ancient

Video's done and he's editing it in right now... :p

if anyone else wants a video walkthrough for their map please feel free to ask :p

16. Paulie Walnuttz

Paulie Walnuttz Ancient

thanks everyone for the good feedback, and thanks for the video pwn cakes.

17. Mr Pokephile

Mr Pokephile Forge Labs
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Very Very nice work paulie! I saw this map when it was in just the house stage and i was blown away. Great work its very original with a great layout. Very nice work

18. American10

American10 Ancient

This map looks pretty good,the interlocking is sleek and it seems you cant drop your houses.But it looks good but i wished you closed off the rest of the map because the stuff outside looks horrible.it doesnt really blend with the map.

19. Killamanjaro123

Killamanjaro123 Ancient

wow, everything is lined up perfectly, it is so absolute. I love this map, great geomerging and everything.

20. Paulie Walnuttz

Paulie Walnuttz Ancient

thank for all the good feedback everyone and american, ok so i made house like structure lol, and the stuff outside doesnt look good, but its good for gameplay.