Elevation

Discussion in 'Halo 4 Archive' started by HissingWings, Mar 26, 2013.

1. HissingWings

HissingWings Promethean

The custom gametype is for CTF

This is definitely my favorite map out of the three that I am submitting to the Dust Up contest. The gold side of the map is lower than the purple side. Between the two low towers is a bridge that has a very large view over the map, but it is countered by the fact that it has very little cover. You can get to the bridge via the middle gold pillars, or by the towers (which you can get to by either top purple or by the spawn). This type of position is the same with the towers themselves. The raised bridges by top purple have more cover but have a much more restricted view of the map. This map also plays very well with CTF.

Weapon Set:
    -1 sniper, 1 spare clip, 150 sec
    -1 railgun, 2 spare clips, 120 sec
    -1 overshield, 120 sec
    -2 carbine, 2 spare clips, 60 sec
    -2 BR's, 2 spare clips, 60 sec
    -2 plasma pistols, 45 sec
    -1 boltshot, 1 spare clip, 45 sec
    -2 pulse grenades, 30 sec
    -4 stickies, 30 sec
    -4 frags, 30 sec

Overview:
    [​IMG]

Red Base:
    [​IMG]

Blue Base:
    [​IMG]

Railgun spawn (purple):
    [​IMG]

Sniper Spawn (bottom gold):
    [​IMG]

Overshield spawn (gold bridge):
    [​IMG]

View from sniper spawn:
    [​IMG]

2. Lost Ion

Lost Ion Promethean

I feel like the bridge would be a pretty overpowered flag route. How long does it take to cross? Does it take longer to cross than players do to spawn?

3. HissingWings

HissingWings Promethean

Whenever I played that was generally the route that I took but most other people went some different way. I was thinking of adding a trait zone up there that would slow you down only in CTF. I haven't implemented it yet because I was really just trying to get it posted for the Dust-Up contest. I don't kn ow if it will work out or not because I would like for it to only affect the flag carrier. I might just make them slower in general.

4. FrozenGoathead

FrozenGoathead all i want is a CT that says mullosc

I really enjoyed the game I played on here, but I felt like there were a couple of spots where you could just sit at without really requiring movement. The one I had in mind was the top level. In the top area, people could just shoot people down across most of the map, enjoyed the elevation advantage, and recieve the Overshield drop. I would suggest replacing the OS with something like a shotgun, as to encourage the player to drop down and move about.

5. HissingWings

HissingWings Promethean

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to make some changes when I get on next

6. HissingWings

HissingWings Promethean

I know this map has been out for a while but I just recently went onto forge with it and I made a few changes to the map. I replaced the OS with a speed boost but I think I will probably change it to a shotgun (non ordinance). I also added a second bridge between the taller towers, raised the lower portion of the map a bit along with a few other changes. I will try to post the changes soon but school just started for me so it may be a week or so

7. Fauch

Fauch Ancient

so you want to make that path slower and you put a speed boost on it? (also being slowed down for no apparent reason sounds like it would suck)

8. HissingWings

HissingWings Promethean

I forgot to mention that I removed the trait zone too. I thought putting it there for only ctf would make it a less used path. What I've decided is to just despawn the jump up from the base to the top bridge for ctf only. Also the speed boost would compel people to move about the map, not stay up there but as I said I might end up switching it out

9. Squeak

Squeak Promethean

I think that the bridge needs to have a little bit less cover. Maybe remove 1 railing and then line up the other railing to it.