Elevation

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by gorebound, Jan 9, 2008.

1. SykoOne

SykoOne Ancient

Wow! It looks so neat. Great job! The only thing I can say is it would of looked alittle cleaner with interlocking.

2. gorebound

gorebound Ancient

Thanks man! Yeah I know, when I made it I didn't know about the interlocking technique. Maybe I'll redo it sometime when I have the time, but I'm currently occupied with future projects. :squirrel_blush:

3. ShadowSnip3r RC

ShadowSnip3r RC Ancient

This map would be perfect for something like Odball, where the ball carrier indicator is turned off. Map is really claen too which I like. Nice job.

4. G043R

G043R Ancient

yeah elevators... are really useful with odd ball I use it also on my map ... the ball spawns on the top of the shaft... .. great game element...

5. AndywooT

AndywooT Ancient

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

6. gorebound

gorebound Ancient

I've played a couple of Oddball games on the map and works really well, have you had a chance to try it out yet?

What exactly are you saying Andy? :p

7. chromebandit

chromebandit Ancient

You might want to try some scenery. The map's basic look feel's a little bland.

8. gorebound

gorebound Ancient

Yeah I know, but I didn't want to sacrifice any gameplay with barrels / roadblocks etc. getting in the way. But there's actually some scenery on the map that's not seen in the pictures.

9. Defiler47

Defiler47 Ancient

I'm gonna give your map a try since you so kindly tried out my map and gave me feedback. It looks very different and interesting from the pictures.

10. gorebound

gorebound Ancient

Thank you so much, and keep in mind that I've learnt alot since I published that map, including interlocking etc. But please give me some feedback so I'm able to improve even further :).

11. Defiler47

Defiler47 Ancient

I like the idea of "The higher you get, the less cover you are given" almost everything seems to be perfect to me except for the fact that when you are on top of your center structure and jump you hit the invisible 'ceiling' of the map.
    Overall really well done.
    Theres fence wall with the small gaps on the side, right outside of your two bases. I would recommend using interlocking to get rid of those gaps, but its not a big deal. It depends if you want people to easily lob grenades through those spaces.

12. Aristotle328

Aristotle328 Ancient

I'm liking the positive feedback. I'll que it and give you a review this weekend

13. gorebound

gorebound Ancient

Thanks guys, I'm glad to hear you think it looks good. Be sure to give me some feedback, never mind if it's positive or negative.

I actually like those gaps on the side, you're not able to jump through from either one of the sides so it's all good in my opinion :).