Elegy

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by RightSideTheory, Feb 1, 2013.

?

What do you think of this feature?

1. Not my style

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  2. Okay

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. Average

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  4. Good

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  5. Great

12 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. Audienceofone

Audienceofone Forerunner

If it makes you feel any better, I don't really care that you won. I do think the everyone who's complaining should get that stick out, but I cant really do that for them. It would be gross. The contests are fun little things, I hate to see the people who are upset or don't understand them get all upset and ruin it for everyone else. I once didnt fully understand why things are done as they are, but I listened and learned about it all and now I must say that I like the way that things are run.

Basically, what I'm saying is that I don't think these people are willing to understand or haven't yet learned the complexities of a contest, and therefore, while their comments shouldn't be completely ignored, don't take the hate to seriously. Please. It would be awful if someone such as yourself was turned away by the community.

2. Korlash

Korlash Remember Isao
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Congrats Urban Myth, don't let these little girls get to you.

3. UneeQ

UneeQ Promethean

Urban i think you should update your pictures for better Quality :D

4. Stevo

Stevo Drunken Bantersaurus Rex
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Aesthetically, this is quite nice.
    It was a really bold move remaking Epitaph, however, it's just unplayable due to framerate lag :(
    There were other minor issues with the asethetics as well, like the large columns in the centre of the map (either side of the rocket platform) that weren't aesthetically correct, and the rocket platform wasn't located in the right place.

Aside from these issues, I think the map is still truly deserving of first place. It is a really good remake, and an extremely bold step in forging!

5. Starship Ghost

Starship Ghost Promethean

map is nowhere on fileshares

EDIT: Nevermind the author gamertag changed and it wasn't updated on forgehub at the time.

Ok this is really a sick remake and looks beautiful. I think the only issues are the dynamic lighting, which may have been broken on purpose and may or may not look better without it (being mostly an indoor map). Also alot of the flooring has bumps which could have been avoided (only way I know is a major pain in the ass, which I'll refer to as the "Hold-Save-Quit" method). Lastly, there is some slight framerate issue running around in custom game just by myself...but only from certain areas of the map. Excellent job on a beautiful remake.

#25 Starship Ghost, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013