Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim Thread (WARNING: Spoilers Inside!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by stickmanmeyhem, Dec 12, 2010.

1. BasedGod of Grunge

BasedGod of Grunge Halo Reach Era

I had the Fallout NV of real time settler, and mixed it with fort defence mod

2. theSpinCycle

theSpinCycle Halo Reach Era

That mod video looks quite nice, but there's a lot to making a "city" work beyond just aesthetics. Like he said, there need to be some kind of quests in the city that aren't "go grab me some garbage".. and beyond that, it needs to interact with the rest of the world. Is it on the stormcloak or imperial side of the war? can a mission be added in the campaign to attack this town? Maybe a dark brotherhood mission to assassinate someone in the town? etc etc etc.. There's so much to adding a city..

Since no one's answered my question, I thought I'd ask it again. What difficulty do you play on? And what race are you playing with? Myself, I'm a Breton playing on master :p

3. Skyward Shoe

Skyward Shoe BTB Legend
    Forge Critic Senior Member

For the race and difficulty I have been doing a Dunmer on Expert, which has been a lot of fun so far (level 37.) I have played on Master, but I hate starting the game on Master and I also don't like to change the setting in the middle of a character, so there you go.

As for Hearthfire, it looks cool, but I worry that the houses will get too similar, like there will be 1 master mansion that has everything, and that because of that everyone will end up at the same place with their house. Though if I do get it I will be making it down in Falkreath Hold. I love the Pine Forest.

4. theSpinCycle

There are confirmed locations for your house? It's not like *bang* a new island was discovered out in the middle of nowhere and you can make a house on it? That sounds much cooler..

Also, are the houses going to be built room by room? Or are they presets like the houses we can already buy, just outside of towns? Because if they're built room by room, I'm sure the layouts of everyones' houses will be different enough to make them interesting and distinct

5. Matty

Matty Ancient

video makes it pretty clear it's room by room.

6. stouf761

stouf761 Ancient

Is it custom layout?
    On a similar note, how customizable are things like furniture? I know the video says you make stuff but is that like "oh a mannequin goes here, I should build a mannequin" or like "hey I have a room, I'm going to make a **** ton of mannequins and finally have a place to display an entire collection"

7. Matty

Matty Ancient

probably the latter, as the former to my knowledge requires more advanced scripts, and in turn a mod to load these scripts. SKSE.

8. Sgt Surchin

The whole process isn't customizable to the extent of mapping but it is to the extent of selecting different additions. To be completely honest, I think this is how home buying should be from now on in all future elder scrolls titles.

9. Matty

Matty Ancient

just got hold of this mod. I remember it was available for NV and it was pretty fun. Most of the appeal is in finding interesting locations in the world, and expanding upon them with structures and NPC's, before turning it into a game of siege defence.

10. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

11. Sam

Sam Ancient

The big one?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BenthicLurkerProject.txt
    BoarProject.txt
    BallistaCenturion.txt
    HMDaedra.txt
    NetchProject.txt
    RieklingProject.txt
    ScribProject.txt
    RotateHelper01.txt
    NorPullBar01.txt
    ApoBendingBridge01.txt
    ApoBendingHallway01.txt
    ApoExtendingHallway01.txt
    ApoParArchGates01.txt
    ApoStacksRising01.txt
    ApoSconces01.txt
    ApoScryeTrigger01.txt
    ApoPlatBStairAnim01.txt
    ApoForbiddenBook01.txt
    ApoForbiddenBook02.txt
    ApoExtTowerBaseDias01.txt
    ControlRing.txt
    DLC02DweBoiler.txt
    DLC2DweControlCube.txt
    DLC2DweControlCube02.txt
    DLC2DwemerWaterGate.txt
    DweDynamoTrigger01.txt
    DweKagrumezPanel01.txt
    DwePipe1wayPistonAnim01.txt
    DweRetractableStairs01.txt
    DweSteamMeter01.txt
    DweSteamTrigger01.txt
    DLC2DweReadingRm.txt
    CombatPuzzle01.txt
    TempleEntrancePuzzle01.txt
    TempleEntrancePuzzle02.txt
    DLC2NorEnchantedDias02.txt
    DLC2ApocryphaBookWarp01.txt
    TentacleDeath01.txt
    BallistaSteam.txt
    BenthicLurkerHandLeftTenticles.txt
    BenthicLurkerHandRightTenticles.txt
    BenthicLurkerMouthTenticles.txt
    BenthicLurkerStompTenticles.txt
    BenthicLurkerWhipDust.txt
    BlendBetweenStatesVariables.txt
    BlendBetweenStatesVariablesAlt.txt
    MiraakFade.txt
    MiraakStreak.txt
    MiraakSword.txt
    StornSuitStages.txt
    ApoTentacleTrap01.txt
    Behaviors\ShoutMounted_Behavior.hkx
    Behaviors\MagicMountedBehavior.hkx

& --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\DLC2_Disbelief01.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\DLC2_Disbelief02.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\DLC2_FDisbelief_Loop.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\DLC2_FDisbelief2_Loop.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\DLC2_FSorrow_Enter.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\DLC2_FSorrow_Exit.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\DLC2_FSorrow_Loop.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\DLC2_PairedDragonMountBite.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\DLC2_PairedDragonMountGrapple.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;

& --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\IdleChiselKneeling.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\IdleChiselKneeling_Enter.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\IdleChiselKneeling_Exit.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\IdleChiselKneelingWiggle.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\IdleChiselStanding.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\IdleChiselStandingWiggle.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\IdleChiselStandingWipeBrow.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;

& --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\IdleDLC02TentacleWordBurnEnd.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\IdleDLC02TentacleWordBurnLoop.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\IdleDLC02TentacleWordBurnStart.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\IdleDLC2MiraakDeath.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\IdleDLC2MiraakDeathEnd.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\IdleDLC2MiraakDeathLoop.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\IdleDLC2TentacleWarpBook.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;

& --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\IdleStonePickUp_Cart.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\IdleStonePutDown_Ground.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;

& --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\IdleTelvanniTower_FloatDown.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\IdleTelvanniTower_FloatUp.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;

& --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\InvisibleShield.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\InvisibleWeapon.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;

& --#60;hkcstring&--#62;..\SharedKillMoves\Human&Boar\Paired_1HMKillMove_BoarSmash.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;..\SharedKillMoves\Human&Boar\Paired_1HMKillMove_BoarStab.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;..\SharedKillMoves\Human&Riekling\Paired_1HMKillMove_RieklingFaceStab.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;..\SharedKillMoves\Human&Riekling\Paired_1HMKillMove_RieklingSlash.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;..\SharedKillMoves\Human&Scrib\Paired_1HMKillMove_ScribSlash.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;..\SharedKillMoves\Human&Scrib\Paired_1HMKillMove_ScribStab.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;..\SharedKillMoves\Human&BenthicLurker\Paired_1HMKillMoveBenthicLurkerSlash.hkx&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;
    & --#60;hkcstring&--#62;..\SharedKillMoves\Human&DwarvenBallistaSlash\Paired_1HMKillMoveDwarvenBallistaSlash.hkx&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;

& --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\Paired_DLC02RipHeartOut.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;

& --#60;hkcstring&--#62;Animations\DLC02\Special_DragonMountSitIdle.HKX&--#60;/hkcstring&--#62;

attackPowerStart_ForwardSpear
    Spear ForwardPowerAttack
    attackPowerStart_StandingSpear

Spear StandingPowerAttack
    attackStart_Spear_Attack1
    Spear_Attack1

Bow.txt
    BushAmbush.txt
    GroundAmbush.txt
    H2H.txt
    IdleChieftain.txt
    IdleChisel.txt
    IdleDance.txt
    IdlePraying.txt
    IdleStopIdlePray.txt
    Root.txt
    Spear.txt
    TreeAmbush.txt

In case that went over your head, it is set in Solstheim and the main quest involves the Daedric Lord Hermaeus Mora. The dlc will be called "Dragonborn." Someone found this all in the 1.8 Beta Update.

#1871 Sam, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  12. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

Neat, reminds of of when people found snow elf stuff in the original codebase that hinted toward dawnguard

13. theSpinCycle

Interesting. Dragonborn, huh?

Seems like Bethesda will have a new Elder Scrolls game out soon. And by soon, I mean next year.

Question: Is Dawnguard worth buying if the only thing I'm going to be using it for is the storyline? (please don't spoil it btw) :p

14. stouf761

stouf761 Ancient

From what I've heard, no. Hearthfire is a neat little plug-in though...
    Wait 'til dawnguard goes down in price, if it ever does.

And what do you mean new game? Dragonborn would be an expansion to Skyrim...

15. Elite Warrior5

Elite Warrior5 Forerunner

He means The Elder Scrolls Online...

16. Sam

Sam Ancient

Anybody else play Morrowind and its expansion Bloodmoon? I'm excited that this next expansion will be taking place in Solstheim.

#1876 Sam, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  17. theSpinCycle

Can someone explain this to a person lacking in Elder Scrolls knowledge? What is this Solstheim? What are its implications for the storyline? (Anything special happened there?)

18. Skyward Shoe

Skyward Shoe BTB Legend
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Summerset Isle is where all those damn Altmer come from. I hear it's smelly. It'll make the storyline smelly. Of course this is completely irrelevant, as you asked for info on Solstheim. Derp on my part.

#1878 Skyward Shoe, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  19. Sam

Sam Ancient

The Elder Scrolls III: Bloodmoon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Solstheim is an island located between the borders of Morrowind and Skyrim. It is covered in snow, forests, and mountains, much like Skyrim's environment, and the people indigenous to the island are Nords. In Bloodmoon, the expansion for TESIII Morrowind, the island was mostly wilderness, with a few settlements by Nords, an Imperial fort called Fort Frostmoth, and a settlement under construction by the East Empire Company called Raven Rock.

Anyway, the volcano at the heart of Morrowind, Red Mountain, erupted some point between the events of Oblivion and Skyrim, turning Vvardenfell into a desolate wasteland, so a lot of Dunmer fled to Solstheim. The way I see it, the addition of the island brought a little bit of Skyrim to Morrowind, and the addition of the island will bring a little bit of Morrowind to Skyrim. In other words, we'll be seeing more Dark Elves and their culture.

#1879 Sam, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  20. stouf761

stouf761 Ancient

Go to UESPWiki and have fun roaming around a **** ton of elder scrolls info.

So basically at this point in the elder scrolls timeline, Vvardenfell, the location of the main part of the game Morrowind, has been generally ****ed over. Many dark elf refugees have moved to this Solstheim, a frozen island between Skyrim and Morrowind. In the game Morrowind, Solstheim was where you could do werewolf stuff involving a questline with Hircine. Since Dawngaurd was for vampires, Dragonborn must be for werewolves (at least that is my assumption).

#1880 stouf761, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012