Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim Thread (WARNING: Spoilers Inside!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by stickmanmeyhem, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Sgt Surchin

All magic is a fantastic choice. Level 100 destruction ftw! You know, with that kame kame ha **** and all.

2. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

all magic is tough at higher levels. damage you do from spells doesnt scale with your character level, nor can you improve spells like you can with a weapon at a grindstone. unless you stay on novice or apprentice, high level enemies will be extremely difficult.

3. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

All the more fun

4. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

once your level gets into the seventies on the higher difficulties, i fell like fights are tedious rather than fun with an all magic character.

5. PacMonster1

Why? There is much more variation in the different things magic can do than sword/axe/bow. When I say magic I don't just mean destruction.

6. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

i know, but magic just does so little damage. even master destruction spells have a max of like 100 damage, compared to a bow than can do 600-700 damage per arrow or a melee weapon that can do even more. i had a destruction/conjuration character and even with master destruction spells and 2 dremora lords i summoned it took forever to kill the mid-stronger enemies when i was at around level 70 on master. i just didnt find it that enjoyable, its fine if some disagree though.

7. PacMonster1

I don't care if it does less damage. As I said, "all part of the fun". I've already beat the game, wanting a challenge isn't a bad thing.

8. Sgt Surchin

Plus it's fun as hell to blast people with a continuous beam of lightning.

9. Skater

Skater Halo Reach Era

I feel like it all depends on how you start your character. I was a full out tank until level 70, then I turned myself into a Mage just so I could experience a challenge. I may try to start a stealthy, archer character for dawnguard cause I've never done that.

So. Much. Truth.

10. ♥ Sky

♥ Sky I Beat the old Staff!

I'm a heavy magic user with both of my characters but the playstyle for each is very varied. For my main Character I use one-handed and destruction, going all guns blazing into battle with my fists filled with fire and my sword swinging. High Elves ftw.

For my other character, I've gone completely the other way. There's still a heavy reliance on magic but I've chosen to take it all stealthy and use a dagger and ice magic with a bow for longer range stealth takedowns.

The magic will always be my favourite part of Skyrim as it's so varied with lots of different ways of playing with magic.

As for Dawnguard, I don't like vampires at all so I guess I'll be joining the titular side and giving those damn vamps a right old spanking.

11. Matty

Matty Ancient

nobody has heard of the stealth vampire class people were making around release time?

No investment into health + stage 4 vampire = 40 hp and 100% weakness to fire. Try and play a vampire like that.

12. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

**** man, I have a hard enough time with pyromancers and cryomancers as it is with my rogue, why would I want it harder? I get ****ing one hit by any draugr deathlord or dragons stronger than a blood dragon.

13. Matty

Matty Ancient

get a ward :p

14. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Stealth master race. Although I only used Stealth on my Master difficulty character, and even then, the game was easy mode.

15. ♥ Sky

How the hell do you kill a dragon with stealth? I've tried some different ways but none seem to work.

16. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

You don't. That's why you carry around a spare sword and have the elemental fury shout.

Dragons, for some annoying ass reason, can always detect you. Always.

Fortunately, if you have 2 levels of the perk that increases your hitting speed, and then use the elemental fury shout, you can take down ancient dragons in about 6 seconds.
    Fun times when I discovered how ridiculously fast you hit if you have those perks and that shout. Nothing will ever stand in your way, even on Master.

17. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

Stealth + Well-placed arrow.

I've stealthed several dragons. The first time it freaked me out. I shot it, it woke up, flew off, then did an immediate turn back toward me and crashed at my feet.

18. A Legit Taco

A Legit Taco Forerunner

They are easy if you have teh final perk haha.

19. ♥ Sky

20. Sgt Surchin

Speaking of dawnbreaker... my summer project:

[​IMG]