Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim Thread (WARNING: Spoilers Inside!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by stickmanmeyhem, Dec 12, 2010.

1. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

Gameplay trailer released before E3

Skyrim Dawnguard : Gameplay Trailer - YouTube

Gametrailers interview with Todd Howard showcasing some more gameplay and some more gameplay info.

[URL="http://www.gametrailers.com/v...p | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

[URL="http://www.gametrailers.com/v...p | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

For those that do not like watching videos.

Dawnguard introduces two new(ish) factionss Vampires and Dawnguard. You can choose one or the other and I'm sure there is a matching storyline for both. As a vampire you have access to a new perk tree granting all sorts of powers such as turning into a group of bats to avoid combat for a little bit. Telekinesis to hover enemies and fling them. And you can fly a bit cause you know...you have wings and look badass.

The Dawnguard hunt the vampires and get crossbows which uses the Archery perk tree.

Some other stuff, at some point in the DLC story you visit one of the Oblivion planes. There will be new elder scrolls (or elder scroll, the trailer showed one but the guy talked about numerous scrolls). You will be given a fort (depending on which of the two factions you pick) to edit as you please (I hope more options than currently available for improving a house).

Oh and there will be new shouts. One shout described rips the soul out of enemies and creates an undead minion out of them.

Comes out June 26th

#1701 PacMonster1, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  2. Elite Warrior5

Elite Warrior5 Forerunner

I already know in my first playthrough I will be a vampire. I'll probably play through it in a different person as the Dawnguard.

3. Skater

Skater Halo Reach Era

I heard that you will no longer be attacked on sight as a Stage 4 Vampire, only if you become a vampire lord. this **** true?

4. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

I'm not sure, but in prep for this I just started a new character. She's a "Cleric", with heavy armour and a mace; but instead of a shield she uses wards (something different). She also has all of the Clericy spells (turn undead, animate corpse, healing hands, etc.) I can't wait for the DLC so I can sign up as one of the Dawnguard.

5. Sam

Sam Ancient

Should my Altmer Wizard Mithrandir become a Dawnguard or a Vampire? It's a very tough decision. I guess I'll go Dawnguard and then make my other character Leroy Brown the Redguard Knight into a Vampire Lord.

6. PacMonster1

Also there will be a werewolf perk tree and it is 10-20 hours of content. It will cost $20 bucks.

7. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

Bad Bad Leroy Brown? Yeah, vampire lord.

8. GruntHunter

GruntHunter Ancient

9. SargeantSarcasm

10. GruntHunter

GruntHunter Ancient

Yeah, I saw it right after I posted it, and Im far too lazy to go back and delete it.

11. SargeantSarcasm

So you pressed "Quote" and typed a response to me instead. hahaha

No big deal but still.

12. GruntHunter

GruntHunter Ancient

Yeah, basically it is already to late to get rid of it so might as well respond haha

13. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

Being a Cleric is probably the most fun I've had since my first character. Especially when there are allies around as I can just focus on making sure that they don't die.

14. Chipsinabox

Chipsinabox Ancient

I'm going to have my hand to hand khajiit become a dawnguard so I may beat the **** out of team Edward.

15. PacMonster1

You can become a werewolf to live out any Team Jacob fantasies you may have.

16. Chipsinabox

Chipsinabox Ancient

Neither.Both are really, really cute, but I'll pass.

17. Sgt Surchin

Been browsing the steam workshop a lot and found a full replica map of hyrule. **** I'm so excited to use the creation kit I'm giddy like a schoolgirl. Either way, isn't "hearth fire" the name of the next DLC after "dawnguard" or has that not been confirmed yet... I'm guessing it hasn't but eh.

18. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Hard choice for me, make my rogue go Vampire and aid in my sneakiness... or go Dawnguard and utilize dem crossbows with my amazing lvl 100 archery.

I think I'll go vampire and try to steal a crossbow to use.

As for my other character, the expansion might as well be called "Brawnguard" my Lesbionic Sheman Werewolf will just tear through those vamps like they were Japanese paper walls. (totally going with Dawnguard on her)

#1718 Aschur, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  19. Sgt Surchin

Idk if this has been posted yet but...

[​IMG]

There was lots of juicy info in the kotaku article.

If this is how it will continue for the rest of the DLC, I'm going to be pretty ****ing broke by the end of this.

20. PacMonster1

Starting up a new character just to get back into skyrim and out of excitement for dawnguard. I'm thinking all magic this time around.