Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim Thread (WARNING: Spoilers Inside!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by stickmanmeyhem, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Same thing was started, and somewhat done, for both Morrowind and Oblivion. But it was abandoned both times due to the difficulty and insane amounts of work. On top of that, I don't see Skyrim being a very good multiplayer game. That probably won't end as well as most people want it to.

2. Erupt

Erupt Forerunner
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Should I "join my blood with the beast's" or whatever to be in the circle? :p

3. PacMonster1

PacMonster1 Senior Member

do you want to be able to turn into a werewolf?

(It can be cured so its not a big deal if you become one)

4. Erupt

Erupt Forerunner

Well, idk. Does it make it so you can't do anything?

5. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

6. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub

Thanks, now I know what I'm going to have nightmares of for a month.

7. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Nope. It's an ability you activate whenever you want, you become super powerful, and you're resistant to disease and stuff.

The only (apparently) downside is the fact that you don't gain the well rested bonus from sleeping anymore, which was never much of a bonus to begin with.

8. QKT

QKT Ancient

but everyone says you smell like a wet dog.

9. Overdoziz

Overdoziz Untitled

I've been a werewolf for pretty much the entire time that I've been playing the game and I still have no idea how to 'active' it.

10. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

It's in the same menu as your Racial Powers, Magic > Powers (In here)

11. stickmanmeyhem

stickmanmeyhem Ancient

I'm officially going to buy the PC Version just for that mod. Best $60 I'll ever spend.

12. PacMonster1

Someone mentioned a dwemer DLC earlier would be cool. Been exploring around Blackreach and I too believe if not the first DLC we will definitely see something Dwemer related eventually. I mean Blackreach is huge, populated with many buildings, and there really is nothing to do down there.

Apart from the elder scroll being in one of the buildings

and that nirn root collecting quest there is really not much of a reason to be down there even though it is gorgeous.

13. stickmanmeyhem

stickmanmeyhem Ancient

I know, right? Blackreach is freaking awesome. I've hauled a good 50,000 gold worth of stuff out of there so far and I swear I'm not even close to being done.

Also, if you use Unrelenting Force on the Glowing Orange Sphere in the middle of the Dwemer Town, a named Dragon comes and attacks you. Fighting Dragons is awesome, but fighting Dragons underground is just ****ing badass.

#1393 stickmanmeyhem, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  14. Xun

Xun The Joker

Am I the only one who's kinda getting over Skyrim? Yeh, it's epic and stuff, but I fired it up the other day after not having played it for about three weeks, finished the main questline after about an hour of play, then tried exploring the map for things to do but it just felt empty to me. I don't know, maybe I'm just getting too hard to please in my old age. :p

15. NlBBS

NlBBS Forerunner

Nah, same goes with me. I haven't played for more than 5 minutes in more than a month. Guess I'll just have to wait for DLC.

16. PacMonster1

Well...I mean any game is pretty much like that. Unless you like doing radiant quests like kill x bandit leader in x location or steal x object here or kill x person here quests than there is not much else to do once you've done all the main stuff and collected all the cool swag. But the world is still beautiful to explore in when one needs a bit of relaxing. The reason why multiplayer games usually have longer life spans as far as playability goes is because players get new experiences each time they play, that is just way to hard to pull off in a single player game.

17. Xun

Xun The Joker

Just hope that the DLC will respark my interest in the game, because I was so hyped for it in the lead up, played the **** out of it, but have now become so-so. Perhaps it is just because I have played it so much.
    You're right in the fact that one can only do so much with a single player game, and I suppose half the fun of Skyrim is making your own fun. But like I said, I can only play it for so long before the experience just becomes too samey and I lose interest. You're right with the multiplayer too, but I'm even starting to get over Reach online play, and don't really play much else online. I've had to resort to buying and playing a few new games for my PS3, but even they are starting to wear thin.

Oh god, I hope this isn't the first sign of me becoming a full-fledged adult. I'm scared, hold me?

18. PacMonster1

Well, its not really the game's fault if you play it to death. That's the mark of a good game not a bad one.

If you don't like the other shooter games like CoD or Battlefield there's always PC games like Starcraft 2, WoW, and I've heard some good things about SW:TOR for games you can devote lots of time to and not feel bored.

19. Xun

Xun The Joker

True, but wasn't blaming the game, merely my waning interest. I know I'm going to pick it up again in six months time when the first DLC is released and my imagination will pick up where it left off. Same thing happened with Oblivion.
    Not trying to sound troll-y, but yeh, not a fan of CoD, Battlefield I haven't even looked at, and have SC2, but not much of an online player. And sad as it is to say, I can't finish the last level of that :p. Tried a while ago when I first bought it, but couldn't, and haven't played it in around 4 months or so. Should probably see how I fare online, but I know I'm going to get pwned, because I'm just not that fast at speed-building yet and don't know the game as well as other people. Given the games been out for the better part of two years and I have only played one online game, I'd say the competition will be extremely unforgiving.

I can barely beat the PC 1v1 on moderate. :\

As for Star Wars games, not a massive fan either, but outsourcing may be my saving grace in this instance. We'll see, I've got tonnes of games to play, just none of them really pique my interest right now. Perhaps an extended gaming hiatus is the answer.

EDIT: Oh, and WoW. Nah... just, nah... :p

20. PacMonster1

Just found out something interesting. If you go to a border of the map, save, go back to the dashboard then go back into the game and load up that save sometimes it allows you to move past the barrier for a little bit...or you warp into the sleeping giant inn at Riverwood.