Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim Thread (WARNING: Spoilers Inside!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by stickmanmeyhem, Dec 12, 2010.

1. ShaddoBlade

ShaddoBlade Fuzzy Little Man Peach

The quest marker worked for me.

He was in Deepwood Vale, which you get to by going through Deepwood Redoubt (an upside-down-trident-looking location West of Solitude and Morthal).

2. ChronoTempest

ChronoTempest Senior Member

So he was outside in the area between the two Redoubts? I'll look again in case I snuck by him or something.

3. Sam

Sam Ancient

if i recall correctly, the priest is imprisoned by some forsworn in a cave. that probably doesn't help though.

4. Matty

Matty Ancient

Yea when i did this, i just opened the cage and talked to him. He said he had to do something, and then you just go back to the shrine and find him there.

Some more landscapes for you sons of bitches.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. ShaddoBlade

ShaddoBlade Fuzzy Little Man Peach

Yes, in between Deepwood Redoubt and the Hag Cavern (or whatever it's called) is Deepwood Vale, an open snowy area with Forsworn scattered about in tents. The priest was in a tent up a couple sets of stairs which also housed the leader of the group of Forsworn. He was tied up but not in a cage.

6. Shatakai

Shatakai Ancient

This is where he was in my game as well. I believe it was the tent closest to the entrance of the Hag Cavern.

So, I've officially entered beast mode. Hit level 36 on the final College of Winterhold quest (quest line was epic), meaning the expert level spells for conjuration and destruction became available. Now, I ****ing love conjuration even more. One of the expert level summons can literally almost kill a giant by itself.

Anywho, I got some epic gear from the College quest line and I said "**** that" and proceeded to get my enchanting to 100 and create some badass Elven armor. My enchants make it so my destruction spells only cost 4% of their original magicka (I could have very easily made it 0%, but that would be boring), so I can now use my expert level spells as my basic attacks. I also enchanted some useless armor to give me 100% extra smithing and activated a smithing potion, so my armor rating is close to 300. Enchants give me nearly 500 health, so I can take a hit too.

My next goal is to get conjuration to 100, and to create "specialty suits". I'll get some useless clothes or very light leather armor to always carry around. Then, I'll enchant each suit to go towards a certain attribute. I'll have a lockpicking suit, an additional weight carrying suit, an alchemy suit, a pickpocketing suit, maybe even a suit that increases bartering, if I can find something to disenchant with it.

TLDR: I ****ing love enchanting.

7. Matty

Matty Ancient

I really wouldn't recommend that. You are killing the fun in raising all of the skills.

8. Javidson Ist

Javidson Ist Forerunner

You need enchants to make magic usable at higher levels because the spell's damage doesn't level with your discipline skill.

9. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

i get the most fun out of being an unstoppable god-king...

10. Matty

Matty Ancient

Well yeah, but you don't need to put anything past about 50% bonus. If you fortify destruction any higher, magicka is no longer a worry.

I did absolutely fine with stock items on my mage character and i was in the 40's. You just have to utilize different schools together. You can't rely on destruction to wipe everything out, unless you do the aforementioned act, but then you defeat the point of playing.

11. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

Full, double enchanted legendary daedric, with two daedric swords that sap health and stamina. I can kill an Ancient Dragon is less than 2 seconds.

Not shitting you, I snuck up on an elder dragon at the top of Autumnwatch Tower, hit him to crit with sneak 6x. He got up, flew off and he started doing that dive/slide move from the sky. As I descended the tower to meet him, I got a popup saying my quest to kill him was complete. I go down there, he's dead, looks like he broke his ****ing neck.

I'm so overpowered, they'd be calling me Dragonborn even if I wasn't. ****'s crazy.

12. CHUCK

CHUCK Why so serious?

gah my guy is such a little fairy, i wish i could say **** like "he's dead, looks like he broke his ****ing neck."

instead i say things like "i ran and hid behind a rock for a while"

i get killed by execution moves every time i get into a fight. restoration in this game is so retarded because at like half health i get picked up and slammed onto the ground by a ****ing ax. should maybe start using a shield :/

#972 CHUCK, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  13. Shatakai

Shatakai Ancient

It's just a different way of playing. When I made my dark elf, I envisioned him as a powerful, evil mage that uses primarily fire and demons to fight. At the moment, I'm not looking to really be challenged, just trying to be as badass of a mage as possible.

My next playthrough, I plan on being a two-handed warrior. I'll never fast travel (rarely do anyway, only to sell), play on master difficulty, and basically just be a warrior fighting by the skin of my teeth. It's just two different ways of role playing.

14. ChronoTempest

ChronoTempest Senior Member

Raise your difficulty, Sarge.

15. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

Protip:

If you are doing find Boethia's shrine before you get the quest, you cant advance it because none of the NPC's spawn it.

FML.

16. R Richard P26

R Richard P26 Ancient

Aren't NPC followers supposed to be invincible? Lydia just got Pwn'd by a bunch of Falmor in Blackreach. Now I have to go back to the beginning of the room because there is NO way I'm getting put with all the loot I stashed on her.

17. Shanon

Shanon Loves His Sex Fruits

I thought they just die, then when you kill all the dudes in the battle, Jesus resurrects them fresh beats and the NPCs jump back to life. Right?

18. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

I'm on Master bro.

19. R Richard P26

R Richard P26 Ancient

In my experience so far whenever they've been beaten up enough they've just gone onto a knee and the attacker would leave them alone and go after me. Then she'd heal up a bit and stand up again.

20. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

Not saying you're a liar.. but Ancient Dragon on Master? And you practically one-hitted him? I'd like to see a video of this awesomeness before I can even begin to believe it.

My difficulty is on Adept and I snuck up on an Elder Dragon, Legendary Elven Daggers, and I got the 15x damage multiplier.. I did around a third of his health down.