Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim Thread (WARNING: Spoilers Inside!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by stickmanmeyhem, Dec 12, 2010.

1. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

So, if I'm getting this right.. I can put a Soul Trapping Enchantment on my bow and when I kill someone it'll automatically start charging my bow? Or does it charge a soul gem and then I have to do something with the bow and soul gem?

2. Matty

Matty Ancient

If you kill someone while they are under the Soul Trap enchantment, it will charge up the equivalent soul gem if you have one. To recharge a weapon, you press RB and select a charged soul gem to use. This will destroy the gem.

The gems go up in strength according to the size of the life force they can carry. Lesser would be something like a Rat, common a Wolf, grand a Giant Frostbite Spider, Greater a Giant or Mammoth. These are all guesses, but that's basically how they work. A charged gem will have the size of the charge in brackets after it, like 'Common Soul Gem (Common)'.

The greater the gem you use, the more the item recharges when you use it.

#882 Matty, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  3. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

Ah, I see. Thanks. And has anyone looked at the paper map that came with the game? There's like little red Xs all over it, treasure hunt time?

4. R Richard P26

R Richard P26 Ancient

Dragon graves I believe.

5. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

This.

In response to this:

What Matty said, plus there's a perk you can get if you have a high enough enchanting level called Soul Siphon. It takes 5% of an enemies soul when you kill it with an enchanted weapon and recharges said weapon, no soul gems needed. However, that'll even run out too, so I'd carry around a few soul gems.

6. Matty

Matty Ancient

Still haven't had the grace of an orange Aurora :(

[​IMG]

And i have NO idea what this is for, if anyone does i'd like to know, you can interact with the fingers, so i'm guessing you have to return a ring or two.

[​IMG]

Nothing compares to fighting an INVISIBLE dragon. Bug of the year. I had to wait for it's fire breath only to see where the **** he was. Finding the body was a *****.

[​IMG]

#886 Matty, Nov 21, 2011
  7. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Once you return all the rings for it, it lets you turn Ebony stuff into Daedric stuff, and does some other things that I can't recall.

More importantly: My enchanting skill is at 80. My problem is, I was going to enchant my Daedric War Axe, but then I realised that Enchanted weapons get their attack power cut in pretty much half.

Is there anyway to stop this?

8. Javidson Ist

Javidson Ist Forerunner

THEY WHAT?! I've been putting soul trap on my weapons as standard so I always have soul gems to enchant stuff with.

9. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Maybe it only happens with weapons with a high damage output? My Daedric war axe was doing 73 damage until I tried to put a Soul Trap enchantment, which lowered it to 44.

10. Javidson Ist

Javidson Ist Forerunner

My spoiler sword hasn't seemed to have changed, it's still doing 24 damage (Im level 19).

Gametimes? Mine is 23 hours (look at your save file)

11. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Starting wednesday, my play time is SERIOUSLY decreasing.

12. Javidson Ist

Javidson Ist Forerunner

^ah no wonder you're so far ahead of me if you played almost 4 times as much

13. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

None of my enchanted weapons do less damage, and Im level 44... Also just got my level 100 sneak.

And matty, that looks to me like it has something to do with a daedric artifact quest. the oblivion mark in the palm is kinda a give away.

14. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Yeah, on my Melee weapons, the damage is severely affected.
    On my Bow, the damage doesn't go down at all. So I'm chilling with a ridiculously powerful Daedric bow with Soul Trap, just walking around with all my soul gems filling them so I can get level 100 enchant.

15. Javidson Ist

Javidson Ist Forerunner

Havn't been to a single Daedric shrine yet or cleared out a dwemer dungeon. I've been inside one but only to hide from a much more powerful frost dragon that was guarding a wall.

16. Matty

Matty Ancient

Well this is where you want to start.

17. Aschur

Blackreach is almost too big. I never hide from dragons anymore, I lost my fear of them long ago when I killed a frost dragon and a blood dragon within 30 seconds of each other.

I'm pretty close to having all the dragon priest masks and all the daedric artifacts. I feel like a boss.

18. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

I kill Elder dragons in about 5 seconds if they land. Seriously, if you don't have an Enchanted weapon, and you're dual wielding Daedric stuff with Elemental Fury, you're invincible.

Anyway, speaking of Enchanting, if I have 100 one handed skill, is there any point making my armor Fortify One Handed? Does it stack like it did in Oblivion?

And is there any way to overpower my Enchanting skill/smithing skill using Alchemy?

Also:
    >Hand follower who uses a bow often 1 ebony arrow.
    >Constantly find Ebony Arrows on enemy bodies.

Easy ebony arrows.

#898 Neoshadow, Nov 21, 2011
  19. Aschur

There should be some kind of potion you can make in alchemy that boosts enchanting temporarily, there's ones for smithing I know.

20. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Oh I know, I can make both. I was just wondering, if I make a full set of clothes that fortifies Alchemy a **** tonne, and then make a ridiculously powerful fortify enchanting potion, will it provide me with more power than I would normally have at lvl 100?