Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim Thread (WARNING: Spoilers Inside!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by stickmanmeyhem, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Matty

Matty Ancient

Yeah i actually had a group of caves i used to plunder, and then return to my house in Skingrad, then to the general store, and back to the caves. It took 72 hours of travelling, so when i returned the caves were respawned. I used to cast luck enchantments before entering, and used to get a mundane ring every few goes. A mundane ring was worth 32,000 gold in the game. I eventually managed to reach about 90% reflect damage in an outfit, which was funny as hell to use. I recall a major boss casting a very powerful, but ultimately suicidal spell on me. 'Time to di-!'.

Is anyone on the lookout for new Skyrim info? I'd like to see some, and i don't want to be the only one looking.

2. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Insanely small amount of newer info out there at the moment. Im buying OXM tomorrow, which claims not only to have some new Skryim info (Probably old) but also has an article on the direction of the Halo series as well as a few other interesting tidbits. If I find anything useful, ill be sure to post it here.

3. Matty

Matty Ancient

4. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

I think this may answer a few questions, that is if its translated correctly.

5. R Richard P26

R Richard P26 Ancient

Can't make my own spells? That's going to shoot every magic player in the foot!

EDIT: Okay, reading the article the magic should be good enough as it is for playing normally, I'm going to miss spell stacking though. (and making wacky spells to increase speed and acrobatics and then jumping around like spiderman while casting frenzy spells in highly populated areas.)

#65 R Richard P26, Jan 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  6. Lord Duckington

Lord Duckington Ancient

Oh my god. Jizzed. DO WANT

7. Matty

Matty Ancient

Yeh well spell stacking, item duplicating etc were all abusive trends.

It isn't yet conclusive whether or not spell-making will be axed, but it's quite likely from what Todd said in the podcast. And i agree with him, allowing people to custom tweak every aspect of the spells removes the magic-ka from the whole game. Instead they are focusing on making their spells have multiple effects and purposes, while maintaining a distinct identity and alluring to how they work.

I do feel this is going to be a much harder game.

When i used to play, with custom spells, duplicated potions, Umbra and Azuras Star, level 35 on max difficulty in Kvatch was a ****ing nightmare. But you cannot deny how overpowering Azuras star (which is in effect a soul gem with unlimited uses) and Umbra (which is one of only 2 weapons in the game with soul trap) were together, allowing you to constantly fight while enchanting all of your weapons and armour.

Without things like this, things like charging enchantments are going to be much more of a financial and physical challenge.

#67 Matty, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  8. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Which is a good thing. A very very good thing.

9. stickmanmeyhem

stickmanmeyhem Ancient

I hope I can still make my invisible armor. <3 making four pieces of armor with 25% Chameleon each.

As long as you use normal armor on the Theives' Guild quests, it's still fun to run around completely invisible.

Also, I do hope the don't make you follow any more NPCs anywhere. That always made me mad because it took so long.

10. Youtuber

Youtuber Ancient

11. Matty

Matty Ancient

Yeh theyr pretty nice.

Iv got about 30 HD images so far, if anyone wants them just ask me on Skype.

There is meant to be an OXM podcast and GameInformers #2 podcast soon.

12. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

13. Youtuber

Youtuber Ancient

14. Matty

Matty Ancient

Skyrim is a land governed by the 9 holds (seperate regions controlled by single ruling families), many of which have now been overthrown, and in their place are elected councils and the climate between these varying faction is now on the brink of war.

Main quest and most elements of the side quests are all scripted ,Radiant Story is there as a means to configure and tweak them to your character in subtle ways.

In the PCgamer magazine there is a chart, explaining how duel wielding works. According to this, you can wield 2 Shields, 2 Swords or for that matter any 1 handed weapon and yes on this graph there are Pole-arms.

it is possible to join an NPC on their daily routine, taking part in such activities as Farming or Woodcutting. You may go down to the mines with the locals , chip out some Iron ore , then head on back to the smiths and forge out your very own Sword.

One of the dragon shouts is actually a whisper, granting you the ability to teleport silently over to your enemy.

Source. Edited, because this guy is illiterate.

[​IMG]

15. Em0srawk

Em0srawk Forerunner

Uber happy face at a game letting me make my own sword :)

16. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

Two shields? OhGodYes.

17. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Oh. Hell. Yes.

My excitement for this game rose about 10%. And it was already at around 500%, so I think Im at maximum excitement capacity.

18. Youtuber

Youtuber Ancient

Instantly brings me too remember the riot shield and all the shenanigans that comes with it.

This game is gonna be fun

19. Matty

Matty Ancient

Just a word of warning.

So far this article hasn't been confirmed by anyone else, so please be aware that information with 1 source can be unreliable, and this is also 9 months prior to release, so things change.

I just don't know what their motive is? How the hell would the turtle manoeuvre work in combat?

20. stickmanmeyhem

stickmanmeyhem Ancient

Maybe the enemies will just get tired of smashing their swords over top of your unbreakable barrier and you could push them over after a while........

Or you could use spells, you know.