Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim Thread (WARNING: Spoilers Inside!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by stickmanmeyhem, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

In reply to the spoiler:
    According to my friend, who cured said werewolfism as soon as he could (I have no idea why, the power has very few downsides), there's an item that allows transformation too. Not sure how reliable that is, considering I've never come across anything of the sort. However, I've played over 50 hours so far, and still feel like I've barely scratched the surface.

As for the Elder Scroll:
    It's part of the main quest. Just keep going with it, and you'll see eventually.

I realised last night that your Smithing skill goes up the same amount for an Iron dagger as it would for a Dwarven Sword. Or anything else. Crafting ANY item raises your skill a set amount, which means I found a use for those 60 iron ingots I wasn't using. My smithing skill is now about 70.

I adore the Firebreath shout, I have it level 2 and it shits on all. I have Frostbreath level 2 as well, but it does significantly less damage than Firebreath, and I never seem to use it as often. It's still pretty damn good though. In terms of shouts, I haven't gotten many at all, really. I have a few marked on my map thanks to the Greybeards.

I went into a cave to get one last night and got **** on by a hell of a lot of Mages. Not sure why I didn't just go back in, but meh.

Speaking of Caves, I found this small cave last night when exploring. It's just a GIANT cavern with a mountain in the middle, and there's a small grove of trees at the top, with a forest surrounding the bottom and a lake and a waterfall to the side.

It's stunningly beautiful, it's great how much work they put into the Dungeons.

2. Sam

Sam Ancient

I've gone through three companions. Now onto my fourth, Lydia. I believe they all died because they got in the way of my dragonshouts. The companions can only die if you kill them yourself, right?

I got married to that chick from the Riverwood Trader. The first ceremony didn't work out because Sven's corpse magically teleported in the chapel next to the door for some strange reason. So I had to drag the body into a side room and then had the chance to try again with the ceremony. Now we live in that shitty little Whiterun house. I had hoped that spending all that money for upgrades would make it look decent, but no, it still looks like a barbarian's living quarters, with a fire pit right in the floor. The wife makes good sandwiches though.

I've killed so many dragons and gotten their souls, and I have at least 12 dragon shouts at this point, so when I do encounter dragons randomly in the wild, I will just sprint off until I lose the dragon or I'll go to the nearest settlement and let the guards handle it. Then I'll take the armor and weapons from the dead guards and make some profit because that's how I roll. I've collected enough dragon scales and bones to make a complete set of armor when I max out my smithing skill, and I'm just tired of the repetitive dragon fights.

Did four of the Daedric quests, and they were all pretty damn good. I find myself, at level 25, still getting slaughtered by powerful mages with their ice blast spells. I was fighting some dragon priest called Krosis, and towards the end of the fight, he pulled out his ice spell and one-hit-killed me when my health was full. It's as if he had a ****ing sniper rifle. Just ridiculous.

3. Shanon

Shanon Loves His Sex Fruits

Markarth.

That city had a pretty cool main quest.

4. stouf761

stouf761 Ancient

Werewolf issue:
    The only way to fully obtain werewolf-ism is to go through the companions. There is a cure, but it is a 1-time deal like Olbivion's vampire cure, and it comes at the end of the companions.
    There is a ring, the Ring of Hircine, that also allows transformation, but it is random when it will happen. Supposedly, if you already are a werewolf, it just lets you transform twice a day.
    Werewolfism summarized:
    Once a day, treated like a "power"
    180 seconds + 50 for each time you "feed" on a corpse
    when werewolf'd, you have your HP+100, only restorable by feeding.
    If somebody sees you transform, instant 1000 bounty.
    No picking up items/opening doors/"activating" anything (obvious exception is tripwires, pressure plates, etc.)
    You always have 100% resistance to disease
    You no longer get bonuses for resting (although you do still restore)
    Unlike vampirism, nobody can tell you are a werewolf when in man/elf/etc form.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Oh and a recommendation to anybody wanting more shouts without having to advance the main quest:
    Get that dragon burial map from Delphine's room in riverwood inn, assuming you have killed the Kynesgrove dragon, and cross reference the burial sites with your actual map. They don't have named dragons and most have walls.

#704 stouf761, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  5. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I knew about the daedric artifact that allows werewolf transformations. I don't like it though, because the whole idea of randomly transforming in town and gaining 1000 bounty isn't ideal.

On a note kinda related, I have found 7 of the 15 daedric artifacts so far. So far so good, some amazing quests, even if I 1-shot all enemies with my bow as long as I'm sneaking.

I 2 shot Dragon priests, at least that one tied to the main quest I did, haven't found another to try the theory on.

6. Matty

Matty Ancient

I find that its a hell of a lot more rewarding if you turn the crosshair off, and while your at it put the HUD opacity down to like 30%. The reticule still appears when your sneaking for accurate shots, but i've had some ****ing amazing shots with the bow without a crosshair.

7. Aschur

Don't think that option is on the xbox. sad day.

8. Matty

Matty Ancient

Start - Display?

Next to subtitle options.

9. Aschur

Oh damn, thanks. Guess I didn't look very well.

10. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Holy ****, those Dwemer Centurion Guardians (The big tall tanked Automatrons, not the Sphere's) give some serious loot, and are easy as hell to kill.

I'm level 25, and I've already found a Glass Sword and a lot of Ebony arrows on their bodies.

And god damn, that Dwemer ruin that
    You get the Elder Scroll in
    is freaking amazing.

11. Aschur

Neo, yes. Yes it is. It is ****ing amazing. Just beautiful in there.

12. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

I'm trying to get pretty much every location marked off on the map, and I'm coming across some seriously cool stuff. Some of these dungeons are ridiculous.

And Stillborn Cave is the worst name for a cave ever.

13. Aschur

Yeah, I got the explorer achievement (visit 100 locations) but I still feel like I haven't seen even close to a quarter of what there is. I love how much content there is in this game.

14. R Richard P26

R Richard P26 Ancient

I kind of am, though through no fault of my own. I'm in college and I keep the xbox at home so I can only play on the weekends. I'm only about 12 hours in.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

I'm not sure which path to take with my destruction magic. I really like lighting, but I also like summoning and it could be hard to make zombies out of ash. I use fire the most but it's so mainstream. Ice looks awesome and leaves patches of frost on walls, but there seems to be a lot more things resistant to it. I think I can afford to take 2 paths, but at the moment I want to try just 1 so I can get perks in different areas. My characters always end up all around with few specialties.

#714 R Richard P26, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  15. stouf761

stouf761 Ancient

I just can't wait for the shock perk... Once I get another chance to play...

16. rubuie5

rubuie5 Forerunner

17. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

i just got the third level of frost breath and im disappointed. i thought it was gonna completely freeze people into blocks of ice...

18. Aschur

Wood wonk, that would actually be a different shout. It's called ice form.

#718 Aschur, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  19. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

oh good, i wanna freeze people.

also, my favorite shout so far is elemental fury(i believe its called). its the one where
    you can swing your weapon(s) extremely fast. extremely useful for the CQC indoor/dungeon stuff

20. Aschur

I have 16 shouts right now, including ones given by the main quest. Though, I rarely use any other than:

Warning! MEGA SPOILER!
    Dragonrend, Aura Whisper, and the occasional Become Ethereal

EDIT: I just realized that I've been getting better gear from the thieves guild quests than I did from the Dark Brotherhood... wtf.

#720 Aschur, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011