Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim Thread (WARNING: Spoilers Inside!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by stickmanmeyhem, Dec 12, 2010.

1. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

Need me some more of the College quest-line, ****ing epic.

2. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

does anybody either have the guidebook, or somehow found out at what levels you encounter the types of armor/weapons? i cant find it anywhere. or are there such set levels?

3. QKT

QKT Ancient

im going stormcloaks cos only pussies set up an ambush.

4. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I'm going imperials just because it is so funny that I am a thief/assassin fighting for "justice" and the empire.

Oh also, I'm level 6 and have already joined the Dark Brotherhood, almost in the Thieves guild as well. Playing as Wood Elf, with the obligatory Rouge playstyle with the Bow and Dagger.

5. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

Is it just me or does the Companion storyline seem short? Is there anything after you've become the leader?

About 14 hours in, level 16 right now. Good god this game is gorgeous on the PC.

6. Matty

Matty Ancient

My character (I think i'm 23)

Dragon Slayer
    [​IMG]

Assassin
    [​IMG]

Amateur Book collector
    [​IMG]

#586 Matty, Nov 12, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  7. Sgt Surchin

so far i've got 4 dragons, 2 giants, and one murder under my belt... i ****ing love this game.

#587 Sgt Surchin, Nov 12, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  8. stouf761

stouf761 Ancient

I don't know which was more fun, becoming a werewolf or getting fire breath...

But I did sacrifice a LOT of game time for a sorority semiformal and am glad I did so.

9. Xun

Xun The Joker

I'm about 16 hours in now, and at level 25 I think. Had been messing around a lot before I went to Whiterun to continue the main story, so I've only just unlocked Shouts. Let me say, they make **** tonnes easier. Also have the Mace of Molag Bol, which rapes as a one-handed weapon. Highest skill is now Pickpocket, at over 90, clearly one of the easier skills to level up.

Want to find more word walls though, so I'm gonna do heaps of exploring next time I get on. Decided I'm going to buy my missus a new TV for Xmas so I can play Skyrim uninterrupted. Is that going too far?

...nah.

10. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Yeah, shouts can make the game a lot easier.

For instance, there was this bandit in Knife something or other cave, the boss at the end. He kept shitting on me no matter what I did.

So I just went in, used Unrelenting force (I have the 3 words for it unlocked), knocked him over and just stabbed him to death while he was on the ground.

The sword I'm using now is the Dawnbreaker, it's freaking intense. The helmet I'm using is called "Vokun". It's seriously powerful, providing a huge magicka boost as well as being the best Helmet I've come across in the game so far. Can't remember where I got it, but it was in a Dungeon's boss.

I've unlocked quite a few of the shouts so far, and experimenting with them in Solitude can be fun business.

And I have no godly idea where the College of Winterhold is, then again I've only been to 6 of the 9 major cities.

Also: Is there a grab item button? If there is, I don't know it. The trailer showed the ability to pick stuff up, but I'm guessing that was removed?

11. ShaddoBlade

ShaddoBlade Fuzzy Little Man Peach

Weapons:
    Lvl 1: Iron, 2:Steel, 6: Orcish, 12: Dwarven, 19: Elven, 27: Glass, 36: Ebony, 46: Daedric

Heavy Armor:
    Lvl 1: Iron, 6: Steel, 12: Dwarven, 18: Steel Plate, 25: Orcish, 32: Ebony, 40: Dragonplate, 48: Daedric

Light Armor:
    Lvl 1: Hide, 6: Leather, 12: Elven, 27: Scaled, 36: Glass, 48: Dragonscale
    Hold the Search/Take button (Default: "A") instead of just pressing it.

What difficulty are you guys playing on? I decided to bump it up to Adept to start off and didn't really have much trouble until I started making my way through the Companion quest line. Not that their quests are all that hard, but some enemies suddenly seemed to be twice as strong as any others. Idk if the scaling is off in this game or what, but I will come across some bandit types that almost kill me, but later I'll be able to cut through others with no problem.

#591 ShaddoBlade, Nov 13, 2011
  12. Javidson Ist

Javidson Ist Forerunner

To pick stuff up press 'a' when the crosshairs are over it.

The college of winterhold is in winterhold (north east on your map, pay a caravan to take you there to save walking as I couldn't find a route.)

13. R Richard P26

R Richard P26 Ancient

You hold the interact button. I had trouble finding it too, I got it by accident.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

This man speaks the truth.
    I just started that and got through the dig site, epic boss battle. He wasn't the 'Kill you in one hit' type, so it got to go on for a while while I Palpitine'd him.

#593 R Richard P26, Nov 13, 2011
  14. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Thanks.

Yeah, I figured out where the college was pretty quickly and got started. The boss battle down at the Orb was pretty cool, easy as hell though. The Draugr warlord that came before it was pretty damn tough, he kicked my ass a little bit too much.

Difficulty? I was on Adept, but I lowered it to Apprentice. It was easy enough for a while, but then some enemies just absolutely began to destroy me. Sabre cats were ****ing impossible to kill. I'm not sure if it's the way I've leveled my character (18, highest skill is 61 One Handed), but dam it was hard.

The difficulty seems pretty good on Apprentice, although now and again I meet enemies that **** on me for a while.

Blood Dragons are bitches too. They're twice as powerful as normal dragons, and they only give 1 bone as opposed to 3.

15. A Legit Taco

A Legit Taco Forerunner

6 Dragons, 8 Giants, 2 Yeti's under my belt.

16. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

12 Dragons, 0 Giants (I don't like to **** with them) and...Yeti's? Do you mean Frost Trolls? If so, then at least 10 of those too, they respawn at a Dungeon that I've been sent to about 3 times.

#596 Neoshadow, Nov 13, 2011
  17. Spawn of Saltine

I had a test the first test from the stormcloaks and being an argonian finally paid off because you have to swim out to an island in frigid ice water. Killed some type of dumb snow spirit thingy. I found the college of Winter and I'm actually kind of excited to start it. I don't use magic much, but they make it look like you go there to learn to use it more. The Thieves Guild has a ton of missions (thank god) and I already blew the first mission because there were an ungodly amount of guards around and I couldn't pick an expert lock =\

18. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

someone needs to discover a dupe glitch soon, i need a steady source of income. i want that house in solitude, but for 25,000 i dont think ill be able to buy until im unto the 40s in terms of levels.

19. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

I have 29,000 gold, and I don't sell stuff. I have a chest FILLED with everything that weighs me down. I literally do quests and explore and stuff, come back and dump everything I don't need in the chest. And there are a LOT of dragon bones, dragon scales, rare weapons and epic stuff worth a lot of gold in there.

Maybe you aren't the adventuring type or something, but I'm finding it so much easier to get gold than in Oblivion.

20. Shatakai

Shatakai Ancient

So, I have some enchanting questions...

1. Is there anyway that I can keep petty souls from filling up my larger soul gems? I have the perk that causes bound weapons to cast soul trap on a target, and I'm sick of my common soul gems having petty ones in them.

2.Is there anyway to get better enchantments without perks? For instance, I disenchant something that gives me a 50% magicka regen increase, but when I disenchant it the enchantment I can perform only gives a 20% increase even with a grand soul.

3. What qualifies as a "new" enchantment? The very first perk in the enchanting tree increases the power of "new" enchantments by 20%, but when I select the perk and reload my save to check, none of my enchantments are any more powerful. They already have perks to increase the effectiveness of fire, frost, storm, skills, magicka, stamina, and health enchantments, so what the hell is a "new" enchantment?