Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim Thread (WARNING: Spoilers Inside!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by stickmanmeyhem, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Aschur

Aschur Wubba lubba dub dub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

man, I accidentally pissed off the whole first village by killing a cow so I ended up killing the woman I was supposed to talk to for the first quest. I'm off to a great start.

On a lighter note: I managed to steal EVERYTHING in some brewery. Literally everything that could be taken was. I feel like the grinch.

#561 Aschur, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  2. Sgt Surchin

Has anyone found a daedric shrine yet? i've heard that they're supposed to be in the game...

3. Randle Scandal

Randle Scandal Ancient

Yeah I have, but it's not like in oblivion where there is a whole big thing for it. I'll put where its at in spoiler tags if you want to know.

You can find Molag Bal's shrine in Markarth at the abandoned house, as soon as you pass the house you'll be put into conversation with someone and the door will be unlocked if you agree to help him.

4. stouf761

stouf761 Ancient

My friend already has the Masque of Clavicus Vile and something to do with Meridia...

On the other hand, I'm already a ****in' werewolf.
    its a power, so you don't have to avoid nighttime or **** like that, just use it when you feel like it.
    its related to the companion's guild questline

5. Matty

Matty Ancient

I haven't actually read this, i figured i'll just pick one tomorrow and go without reading the others. Daedric quests are always my favourites.

Boethia Shrine is NE from Windhelm. You get the Ebony Mail

Peryite Shrine is Northeast of Markarth. You get Spellbreaker Shield

Molag Bal's quest is from a Abandoned house in Markrath. You get Mace of Molag Bal

Sheogorath is from the Bartender in Solitudes bar

Clavicus Vile's quest is started by finding his dog Barbas. You get Masque of Clavicus Vile or the Rueful Axe

Hircine's quest is started by talking to the werewolf Sinding in Falkreath Barracks. You get Savior's Hide or the Ring of Hircine

Malacanth's shrine is at the orc camp Largashbur

Hermaeus Mora's shrine is to the far north of Winterhold at Septimus Signus's outpost
    ---

6. Xun

Xun The Joker

I've only been playing it for about 5 hours or so, because I keep getting interrupted by people :\. Got it yesterday after I finished work, and only got a few hours to play it before the missus wanted to watch TV. That was fine, started playing it after she was done, but after about an hour I got too tired as it was pretty late, and I'd been up since about 4am that day. So fine, started playing it today (Saturday), after a few hours one of my friends decides to come over. I hate having people sitting there watching me play games because it makes me feel like I'm excluding them and being an asshole, so I opted to play a little Halo with him. That was fine. After he left, missus came home, wanted to watch TV again. Grrrr.... She's still watching it now, but by the time she goes to bed it'll be about 11pm (she does this deliberately because she doesn't like it when I stay up all night playing games). It's like the universe doesn't want me to play Skyrim or something.

Going alright though. Picked Wood Elf, as predicted. Currently specializing in Archery, Sneak, Pickpocket, Light Armour, Lockpicking, One/Two Handed and some Restoration and Destruction. Pickpocket is currently my highest at about 42, I think, as I went on a pick pocketing rampage in Sleeping Dragon Inn and that other Wood Elf guy involved in the love triangle quest. Funny thing, I went to him for archery training, got a few levels of training in, leveled up, then pickpocketed the money I'd given him for training back and used it to train further. Did it a fair few times before the amount of money got too high for me to get back (0%).

Did something similar with the Golden Claw quest. Went to Dunbarrow Cave or whatever it's called, cleared it all out, got the claw back, gave it back to the dude, and he was all like "sweet dude, you've gotten it back for me, you're my hero and ****." Then I promptly pilfered the claw back off the counter right from under his nose. Want to get my Speech high enough to let me get the Fence perk so I can sell it back to him. Oh, the irony!

Also, just cleared out Randlbarth Dwemer ruins, or whatever it's called, on my way to Azura's shrine. ****ing epic stuff.

7. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Same, it's so ****ing powerful it's ridiculous. I was surprised how fast you get it too.

I played the game for nearly 10 hours straight last night. Not sure if I want to do that again today, but I guess it's better if I get a whole weekend of gameplay out of the way so it doesn't interfere TOO MUCH with my school work.

Gotta love Dark Brotherhood trying to assassinate me twice. I got some serious gear from it.

8. Javidson Ist

Javidson Ist Forerunner

Start fight with a giant when level 3 = head 30m from body

9. Spawn of Saltine

I got it at midnight release, went home with a buddy and payed for 7 straight hours on a two TV set up. We've both decided that we want to savor the game as much as possible, so the main story line got put on hold after the first tutorial mission. I've gotten through almost the whole companion questline and got to werewolllllllllllllllf. Playing 7 hours of side quests seemed to be just as exciting as the main one. I killed 2 stray mammoths with my bow because they got glitched chasing me up a stair case :> The Giants are verrryy strong. I also climbed this mountain and when I got to the top I ran into these white ghosts who shot a spell at me and killed me in one hit :\

I'm gonna go get playin again.

10. ShaddoBlade

ShaddoBlade Fuzzy Little Man Peach

My experience with Giants: get killed with two hits from his club, decide to try it again and get obliterated with a single kick... If I wanted this crap, I would play Dark Souls.

The "major"/"minor" skills that each class has only effect the starting lvl for each respective skill, correct? It doesn't add any xp multiplier or anything? So, it would make more sense to pick a class that has none of the primary skills you plan to use so you can level up easier, right? Assuming the required xp for each level up gradually increases. Am I missing something, because this seems like the more logical route.

Edit: Apparently, the higher the skill level you advance, the more it contributes to your combat level xp, but the question still stands if you would advance your combat level faster starting from the default skill level.

#570 ShaddoBlade, Nov 12, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  11. stouf761

stouf761 Ancient

There are no Major/Minor skills, and no class system at all. Just races and the skill perks associated with them.
    And that has no effect on leveling other than you start higher in those.

12. TantricEcho

TantricEcho Ancient

But why Aschur, why are you taking our Christmas tree, and our food supplies, and our silverware, and our bolts of cloth, and our miscellaneous weapons, and our books, and our...

13. ShaddoBlade

ShaddoBlade Fuzzy Little Man Peach

Yes, I understand. That's why major/minor was in quotes.

The races are the class system.

Starting higher in them is the whole point. If it takes longer to level up from 25-26, would it be better to start out at 15?

14. stouf761

stouf761 Ancient

Depends on if you are going for max level or something...

The higher the level the better you are at it, leading to better perks faster...

15. stickmanmeyhem

stickmanmeyhem Ancient

You don't have to sleep any more to level up, do you? That got annoying.

16. Shanon

Shanon Loves His Sex Fruits

I ****ing love this game.

Just killed the first dragon, fun stuff. I'm going to be focusing on some side quests for a bit, exploring dungeons and what not.

What level are you guys?

After about 2-3 hours of playing I'm 6.

17. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

10 and half, I just killed my sixth dragon, and now I'm working my way through the College of Winterhold.

#577 pinohkio, Nov 12, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  18. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

im somehow at level 12, and i only killed that first dragon in the main quest and did a couple side quests. I feel like im not strong enough for the leveled enemies. theres ****in saber cats everywhere that kill me in 2 hits and i barely do a sliver of damage to them when i hit

19. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Nope, just jump into the menu.

No plans for this weekend, so I've just been playing Skyrim. 18 hours in, Level 17, killed at least 10 dragons. I have 3 Daedric Artifacts and I got that achievement for discovering 100 locations.

I've barely touched the main quest, I just got up to High Hrothgar.

I've got a ridiculously powerful helmet, and I've discovered a **** lot of word walls, so I know quite a few shouts now, too. Dwemer Ruins are ****ing awesome, I love the new Enchanting system and I love the Smithing System.

The only run in with a Giant I've had so far is this:
    >Walk over to Giant camp to see what's up.
    >Smack.
    >Fly 10,000 feet into the air.

Seriously, 18 hours of gameplay in, and it feels like I've barely scratched the surface. I've been to 4 of the 9 main cities, I've never been to the College of Winterhold, I haven't seen the Dark Brotherhood yet, although I've discovered their base, I haven't touched the Thieves Guild and I haven't chosen a side in the civil war yet. Nor do I want to any time soon.

Anyone have any idea what side they're going to choose?

God damn it, this has to be one of the best games I've ever played, ever.

20. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

Imperials.

stormcloaks are whiny douchebags.