Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim Thread (WARNING: Spoilers Inside!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by stickmanmeyhem, Dec 12, 2010.

1. holycrapitsme

holycrapitsme Ancient

I pointed out a while back that the dragon alphabet doesn't match up on the alphabet seen on the collector's edition Alduin statue, but I did find this on the unofficial elder scrolls pages.

This does appear to be the same text as on the dragon statue, but as of yet it hasn't been translated. at all.

Edit: it has been translated into english letters, but the words themselves have not been translated. But as a start, the first word is 'and'.

#201 holycrapitsme, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  2. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

id like to see a bosmer and/or altmer

3. Sgt Surchin

[​IMG]
    when i saw this during the 30 minute demo, i literally made me orgasm. i think we can now safely say that the dark brotherhood is able to be joined within the game.

4. ChronoTempest

ChronoTempest Senior Member

It was already confirmed as being present a while back, and Todd confirmed it was joinable at Quakecon.

5. holycrapitsme

holycrapitsme Ancient

Dark Brotherhood FTW! and also, I don't think it had been "officially" confirmed until this video, just hinted at. I seem to recall Todd Howard saying that all of the factions from oblivion were returning, but then only listing the companions (FG), The college of Winterhold (MG), and the Thieves Guild. So he added some suspense and anticipation.

Dark brotherhood was def my favorite from oblivion. And the same guy is in charge of it again this time, so hopefully it's still awesome.

6. R Richard P26

R Richard P26 Ancient

Fool. Argonians and Breton are the true master races.

7. Benji

Benji Ancient

Pretty much this. Almost impossible to take down with magic.

8. Sgt Surchin

but if you were to try and chase an argonian into water...

9. Benji

Benji Ancient

water breathing on self.

10. stickmanmeyhem

stickmanmeyhem Ancient

My first character was an imperial and he was a freaking tank. I was using a 5 piece chameleon armor set (so I'm always invisible) in combination with silence spells. You wouldn't even know I'm there when I'm charging up my daedric bow to snipe you with my master marksman level.

Just to let you all know, I felt sooooooooooooooo ****ing nerdy when I was typing that.

11. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

Just wait for this game to come out, then everything you say about it will feel nerdy as ****.

12. Xun

Xun The Joker

XUN WATNS PC SP3X NAOW!!!! ****ing assholes probably aren't going to tell everyone what they are until the last minute, practically ruining any chances I have for pre-order bonuses.

On another note, I dont really go for a specific race. Bosmer are good, but I usually just go for whatever seems like the most practical choice at the time. Although, I am inclined to go for a race that augments the thievery skills the best, and thats usually Bosmer, Khajiit or Argonian.

13. broccollipie

broccollipie Forerunner

Wow. I didn't even notice this thread.
    If there is a game that I buy in the next two years, it'll be this.

14. Xun

Xun The Joker

Was that a sarcastic slight hinting at you not liking this game? Or do you just not buy games very often?

15. ChronoTempest

I'll likely go Dark Elf again, as they tend to be my well-rounded class of choice. I always go for stealth/marksman style, so Wood Elf is another possibility. I'll never use the filthy beast races, though.

16. monkeyrantz

monkeyrantz Ancient

Made me lulz.

17. ChronoTempest

I am absolutely racist when it comes to choosing a character. I don't treat NPC's differently in the game, but I still don't care for them.

18. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

i love khajiits, but i despise those disgusting lizard argonians.
    cats are a noble beast.

im either going to play as wood elf, dark elf, or kahjiit. i like being a stealthy thief/marksman

19. Matty

Matty Ancient

Ha, that comment was more aimed at picking a Nord, because they are racists, especially now when any other race will have immigrated into their homeland. Stealing their women, taking their jobs, defalcating on their porches etc etc.

20. Sgt Surchin

i try to mix things up but i always choose and argonian and i'm always a heartless bastard to NPC's lol. also... THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!!!