Elation

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Kapura, Apr 20, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. Poor

9 vote(s)
    11.3%
  2. Ok

7 vote(s)
    8.8%
  3. Average

7 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. Good

17 vote(s)
    21.3%
  5. Great

40 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Kapura

Kapura Ancient

Elation
    Created by Cosmic Rick

How to get around...
    Hold the darn elevator!
    Find yourself a ghost.

This map works for all gametypes, but it's heart and soul is in symmetrical objective games. The Bungie defaults should be sufficient, but feel free to play with whatever settings you want. It's a horseshoe shaped map which allows for teamwork, high-ground control, vehicular combat, pseudo-acrobatic manoeuvres and just plain fun.

The design is centered around one big structure in the middle of the map. Players spawn at one of Foundry's bases, but with new positioning for their teams flag. By using vehicles (ghosts or mongooses) players can travel around the central structure to their opponent's base. Teleporters help players to walk quickly. On foot, they can also enter the central structure and jump down from the top floor. A well done and working elevator design inside allows player's to get to the top floor. Other players can throw grenades at people in the elevator to stop them. The map plays great with Multi Flag and Team Slayer defaults. Check it out!

#1 Kapura, Apr 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2008
  2. TXGhost

TXGhost Ancient

Such a great map in the Cosmic Map Pooping Era. Great for Multi-Flag. And the elevators add such a nice touch to the map.

3. Y35 <3

Y35 <3 Ancient

Are there more pictures to this map? i cant really get a good idea of it from just these few

EDIT: nevermind i just viewed the original post, thanks

#3 Y35 <3, Apr 20, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  4. Metroshell

Metroshell Ancient

Looks like a good map, ill be sure to try it out.

5. macpatterson

macpatterson Ancient

its really good, but i dont think the right maps are getting featured lately.
    Where is pallet parade?

6. Crouchaldhino

Crouchaldhino Ancient

this doesnt look great. I've seen way better ones that werent featured.

7. Shock Theta

Shock Theta Father of 4chub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Why don't you play it first instead of rating it badly on sight?

Great map Cosmic, had many good games on this.

8. hphman1193

hphman1193 Ancient

Random Map

It kind of looks like things where thrown together randomly to make the map but still looks fun and playable.

9. Metroshell

Metroshell Ancient

Let's see YOU come up with a better map! :D

10. JASONYO

JASONYO Ancient

how bout u go play it first and leave the shoe in ur mouth. it was an amazing map as i recall, anything with switches is ideal

11. Cosmic Rick

Cosmic Rick Ancient

Wow. I had no idea this was on its way to feature-age. Thanks, FH. And thanks to my vehement supporters. I agree that this map doesn't look as good as some other maps (Kentucky Tango, End of the Line, Pallet Parade, etc), but I did spend a large amount of my time on the aesthetics.

What makes up for that is that it plays GREAT for symmetrical objective games. It was my favorite map for that kind of stuff until Avalanche came out. You'll notice that the layout is actually very similar. Remember that mine came out first, lol.

12. LIGHTSOUT225

'at a boy Cosmic. Someone get the man his maroon already.

13. David 118

David 118 Ancient

yeah not really enough pics showing it off.:mad:

14. Tex

Tex Ancient

Please excuse me...but really? Cosmic has done some great things, but this map actually got featured? I'm somewhat dissapointed here...

15. LIGHTSOUT225

This map is awesome. You clearly haven't played it yet. Some pretty fine forging too, i dunno if you noticed. If you're going by just the pics, then go to the original thread here for more. But you really should just DL it and get 8 people on it for some multi-flag

16. Tex

Tex Ancient

i plan on it, and i have seen the other pics, its just there have been alot better maps posted on fh...pallet parade as previously mentioned definately deserved it over this one...but please don't get me wrong cosmic's works always have some great flavor...this just doesn't do his art justice...therefore should not have been featured...

17. Shock Theta

Shock Theta Father of 4chub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Please all bear in mind we are featuring at an increased rate. If you don't like a map one day, the next day might be your cup 'o tea. The screens for this map also do not to my mind do the gameplay justice. If you haven't played the map I don't understand why people are able to make statements about how the map fares compared to others. As for the numerous references to Pallet Parade in this thread - yes, it is an awesome piece of forging, but no, it is not ready to be featured. Stop second-guessing us! /rant

18. Tex

Tex Ancient

shock, i would love to play it, but at the moment i saw it, xbox live was down...i will be playing it first thing tomorrow, i will get back to you both on this infamous gameplay then...

19. LIGHTSOUT225

So you're saying that just cause a map isn't someones best map ever, it shouldn't be featured? Despite it still being better than the majority of maps around? Thats doesn't make much sense. You can't justify not featuring a map just because it isn't someone's best work (whether it is or isn't.. and some people think it is).

20. Tex

Tex Ancient

woah woah woah.....i said long ago to not get me wrong first of all.....beside that point, i did say it wasn't his best work, but I ALSO said that there were other works out here on forgehub that deserved it more, now please enough is enough.....i will get back to you both when i have play tested this map, as shock said the pics don't do it justice, and as I have said, I have not been able to play test because xbl is down. now please /rant...
    yay internet.....

#20 Tex, Apr 21, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2008