Elaborate Betrayal

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Screenshots' started by Dewski, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Dewski

Dewski Ancient

[​IMG]

This is not me in the picture but i found the video and though it was hilarious. It's a legit game of MLG and could not have possibly been staged. Just a huuuge coincidence, the blue guy actually died first but the red guy wasn't too lucky either.

Thus i give you Elaborate Betrayal

#1 Dewski, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  2. Black Theorem

Black Theorem Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Hey Dew, your sig doesn't work if you link it directly from Bungie.net.

You need to use this method to post screenshots in Forgehub:
    Alright, it has come to this. A pictured tutorial on how to embed your Halo 3 screenshots of your map, in your post. I see too many people post maps without pictures, not knowing how, and then members try to explain. So I made this:

Embedding Screenshots in your Map Thread

Part 1: Taking a screenshot

Sorry, no pictures for this section, don't have a capture card, but it is soo easy, I shouldn't need to explain, but I will.

1. After recently playing your map, go to "Theater Mode".
    2. Select the match you played, and "Start Film".
    3. Press "Y" after film has started, and pause the game (or not), and position your camera.
    4. Click the camera symbol on the navigation bar.
    5. Save it.

Part 2: Getting your screenshot from Bungie.net

1. Open up your Internet Browser (I use Firefox) and go to our dearly beloved Bungie.net, and go to My Stats/Find a Player.

2. Then, go to the right of the screen, to "People Finder". Make sure that it is set to Halo 3, and type in your Xbox-Live Gamer tag. Then click "Search".

3. You should then being on your Gamer Tag profile. Click "Hi-Res screenshots".

[​IMG]

4. Find the Screenshot you wish to embed, and click on it. Also, make sure pop-ups are allowed from Bungie.net.

[​IMG]

5. A large version of the screenshot should come up in a separate window. Again, click the screenshot.

6. This should come up, asking you what program to open the screenshot with, or to save it to disk. For simplicities sake, just check off "Save to Disk" and the click "OK".

7. Depending what your preferences are, the picture could be saved to a number of places, if you are using Firefox, then this should come up. Click "Open" on the top one, which is more than likely the screenshot you are looking for.

[​IMG]

8. An image viewing program displaying the screenshot should come up. Click the save option, in this case a floppy disk icon.

[​IMG]

9.Save your image as a JPEG file, under a folder and name you can find later. Type the name in and click "Save".

10. Congrats, now you have your screenshot on your computer. Now onto:

Part 3: Signing up for a Photobucket account, and uploading your screenshot to the internet.

1. Start by opening your internet browser, and going to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket. Why Photobucket? Cause I find that Imageshack is a pain and people seem to get nothing but thumbnail pictures from it, if they do try to embed their screenshots. Once there, click "Join Now" cause IT'S FREE!

[​IMG]

2. Type in a username, and a password that you can remember. Then click "Next Step".

3. Now fill the form out, when you are done, click "I accept. Sign me up!"
    Note that none of that information is true to me. That is not my name, or birthdate, or anything.

4. Follow instructions from there.

5.Go to Login on Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket, type in your username and password, and then click "Login".

6. You should now be in your album. Find the section in the middle of the screen like the one below, and click "Choose Files", and make sure the size is set to 640x480.

[​IMG]

7. An "Open File" window comes up. Now find your screenshot where you saved it, click on it, and then click "Open". Note that you can select more than one image before click "Open" by clicking your first image, and then (while holding down the SHIFT key) click on the other images you wish to add.

[​IMG]

8. Give it time to save the screenshot on the internet. Click "Cancel" to stop uploading.

[​IMG]

9. When it is done, this screen will come up. Give it a title and a description, or just skip that, and click "save and continue".

[​IMG]

10. And now your screenshot is on the internet, ready to be embedded.

Part 4: Embed your image in your post.

1. Go to your "my albums" on your photobucket page, which is located in the top navigation bar. Then, scroll down the page until you find your screenshot.

2. Click on the text in the space next to "IMG Code". This will automatically copy that link to your clipboard.

[​IMG]

3. Go to post your Map Thread, and right click/Paste the IMG code (an image code is the direct link url of an image, in between [./img], but without the ".")[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][IMG]http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o46/onlykaproductions/embed6.jpg

4. Yay!

[​IMG]

Otherwise the thread will be locked.

And I really love the pic. :D

3. Dewski

Dewski Ancient

fix'd haha

4. iRaynne

iRaynne Ancient

This. is. epic.
    If seen a one or two ricochet betrayal, but this? Crazy!

5. EpicFishFingers

EpicFishFingers Ancient

Lol, it even bounces off that little light.
    Someone make a gif of this, or link to the vid or something. This sucks for both of the red guys really:

Betrayee: Wtf I'm booting you!
    Betrayer: WTF How did I betray you
    Betrayee: WTF you shot me in the face
    Betrayer: I killed an enemy wtf
    Betrayee: WTF!

6. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

Im sorry, it is incredibly hard to say this, but this has been done before.... tons of times- exact same room, exact same kill, exact same weapon. Ive seen this kinda picture (except it was a kill not a betrayal) on a ton of file shares.

7. Dewski

Dewski Ancient

Really? Cause i haven't at all. If you see one, recommend it to me, i want to see them please.
    Thanks

8. MeNaCe x TIGER

MeNaCe x TIGER Ancient

Haha wow, this is pretty great. Nice find.

9. RAWR IAM REPTAR

RAWR IAM REPTAR Ancient

i seen one that was like at least twenty richochets on foundry but i think it was set up

10. Camel Carcass

Camel Carcass Ancient

Then post it. Exactly, stfu.

Awesome find, made me lose my eyesight temporarily.

11. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Exhibit C

Exhibit D

Exhibit E

Ooh look, my friend made one

Those are the ones that I have found in 5 minutes of searching... I have seen better ones off fileshares in most Team Slayer games.

#11 Loscocco, Oct 27, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  12. Dewski

Dewski Ancient

Yeah but none of those are NEARLY as impressive as the screenshot i took. No offense, but if you can find one that ricochets as much or more than mine, and include a headshot betrayal and a kill of a guy on the other team, then i'll believe you :)

13. Skisma

Skisma Creative Force

This is truly amazing. These are the kinds of things that should make bungie favorites or mlg top 10 series. Nice find Dewski. If at all possible, try to find the guy who committed this amazing shot and give him credit.

14. RAWR IAM REPTAR

RAWR IAM REPTAR Ancient

ok i might have exaggerated about the ricochets but this is at least 9.

Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

15. Y35 <3

Y35 <3 Ancient

Haha thats so sick.
    And to that mikhelp kid, anyone can bounce a bullet once, that wasn't the point of this picture. Just leave the thread if you think your such a badass.

16. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

Those are 3 examples of the ones that I could find of a search bar on Bungie for "hot files": If you play Team Slayer, you always get pictures of people doing the same amount of ricochets in that same room. And "I think that im a badass"? Hmmm, stating an opinion on the originality of a picture apparently connects to arrogance and "badassness" of a person. Also notice how only 2/6 of the pictures were of 1 bounce- It was only to prove that people do ricochets in that room all of the time, the rest were about 4-6 bounces... and ALSO note how most of ricochets are in video form instead of taking pictures of it.

#16 Loscocco, Oct 28, 2009
  17. Dewski

Dewski Ancient

Isn't this a custom game though? Maybe set up? idk..
    Plus that's 5 ricochets, not 9

Well i guess my screenshot just sucks according to some of you, i might as well take it down, if it's so damn bad

#17 Dewski, Oct 28, 2009
  18. Klaydude11

Klaydude11 Ancient

I can't even describe the jaw gaping proportionality of how freakin' epic this is or how it is even possible.

19. oO ZesTy Oo

oO ZesTy Oo Forerunner

Thats one insanely impressive betrayal. I gotta say I probably couldn't even do that in 1 hour of staged practices. Props to who ever did that.

Don't take it down, some people just like to put other people down and talk smack. Honestly a good find :)

#19 oO ZesTy Oo, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  20. Xtr4M1nty

Xtr4M1nty Ancient

Wow, nice find, nice kill, nice betrayal.

Just nice :)