Sandbox Eiffel Tower

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Aesthetic Maps' started by kwheelscc, Jul 29, 2010.

1. kwheelscc

kwheelscc Forerunner

Eiffel Tower

• This map isn't for playing on but is just for looks and as you can see by the title, this map is going to bring the Eiffel Tower to you instead of you going to Paris. There are many things you can do here such as visiting the luv (the very top), looking at its magnificent beauty, or if your lucky you might find your true love ;) jk

• There are three levels to the tower but the only way to get there is through the three teleporters at the bottom.
    • This Map is actually kinda crappy cause i made this before i knew about ghost-merging. So give me some credit.
    • Right Now I am going to be putting up a lot of maps that i have been holding onto and releasing them, so that other people don't get the credit for my hard work
    • oh and i would add more to it but i am out of money :( I always run out of money
    Thee Tower
    [​IMG]

Teleporters
    [​IMG]
    Bottom Level ^ Middle Level^ Top Level^

Tower
    [​IMG]

Tower
    [​IMG]

Me Looking down at the Tower

[​IMG]

Me Jumping off the Tower fun... But i don't get far because its in another level :/
    . you just float there for awhile then die >(
    [​IMG]

Map: Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details
    Gametype: none :(

Info about the Eiffel Tower that I got off the internet:

Why was the Eiffel Tower Built
    The Eiffel Tower was built for the 1889 World Fair which also coincided with the centenary of the French Revolution. Out of a number of designs submitted as part of a competition, Alexandre Gustave Eiffel won, and was responsible for erecting the Eiffel Tower.

Eiffel Tower Facts
    Even though it is one of the best known monuments worldwide, many facts about the Eiffel Tower are not known to many.

Following are a few important facts about the Eiffel Tower.

-- Erection of the Eiffel Tower began on January 26, 1887
    -- Erection of the Eiffel Tower was completed on March 31, 1889
    -- Erection of the Eiffel Tower took 2 years, 2 months, and 5 days from start to finish
    -- Alexandre Gustave Eiffel was the main architect, Maurice Koechlin and Emile Nouguier were the main engineers, Stephen Sauvestre was the main architect, and Jean Compagnon handled the construction of the Eiffel Tower
    -- Alexandre Gustave Eiffel is the very person who created the internal frame of the Statue of Liberty in the year 1885
    -- The Eiffel Tower stands 324 meters tall
    -- Material used for the Eiffel Tower is wrought iron (puddle iron) of the highest quality
    -- The Eiffel Tower was made using 9441 tons of wrought iron
    -- A total of 18038 pieces of wrought iron were joined together to create the Eiffel Tower
    -- Approximately 60 tons of paint is required to paint the Eiffel Tower
    -- The Eiffel Tower is painted every 7 years in 3 shades of brown (darkest shade at the bottom)
    -- Even today painting the Eiffel Tower is done using brushes
    -- In clear weather (very seldom seen today) you can see approximately 42 miles from the top of the Eiffel Tower
    -- The base of the Eiffel Tower covers a square area of 100 meters
    -- During gusty winds, the Eiffel Tower sways upto 15 cms at its summit
    -- The names of 72 prominent French scientists and famous personalities are affixed on the sides of Eiffel Tower just beneath the first platform, 18 names per side
    -- There was only one death during the construction period of the Eiffel Tower, that too outside working hours and not work related
    -- Alexandre Gustave Eiffel died on December 27, 1923 in Paris
    -- The Eiffel Tower has a total of 1710 steps to the topmost third level small platform, 674 steps to the second level, and 347 steps to the first level, all counted from the ground
    -- The Eiffel Tower was to be dismantled and the metal sold as scrap 20 years after it was constructed, but this never happened
    -- The Eiffel Tower was the tallest structure when it was built, but this has been surpassed over the years
    -- Today, the Eiffel Tower is open to the public every day of the year
    -- Persons on wheelchairs can visit the Eiffel Tower upto the second level using the elevator
    -- You can use the steps only till the second platform (the third platform is accessible only via elevators)
    -- The Eiffel Tower has got restaurants on the first and second platforms
    -- The restaurant on the first platform is Altitude 95 and faces the river Seine
    -- The restaurant on the second platform is named Jules Verne and needs prior booking
    -- The Eiffel Tower belongs to the city of Paris and is given on a renewable contract to a limited company named Societe d'exploitation de la Tour Eiffel
    -- Over 200 million people have visited the Eiffel Tower since its inception

2. Zow Jr

Zow Jr Forerunner

Wait, this wasn't ghost merged? Are you bullsh**ing me here? Cuz this thing is freaking epic. Form the first pic to the last I recognized the eiffel tower. Man This thing is amazing. I like the top part where you die by jumping off. Simulates wat would happen if u jumped off the Eiffel Tower. (though this wasn't intentional i see) Lol 7/5 and I would comment more but i need to take care of a rather "hard" issue. Lol freaking epic. DLING AS SOON AS B.NET ACCOUNT IS LINKED!

3. x DREAM 76 x

x DREAM 76 x New World Man

Very cool man. It looks like the tower is leaning to one side though. Not that big of a deal because the idea is pretty sweet. I noticed that you said you ran out of money, why no just money glitch the map or use a money glitch canvas next time? I will DL to check out the view. Nice work.

4. TheClubhouse

TheClubhouse Ancient

Looks good. Now all you need is a bunch of illegal muslim immigrants from africa selling "eiffel tower minitures" at the base of it. Then every 5 minutes have them running from the cops, in a circle around the hotdog shack, back to the EXACT spot where they were just selling. lol. Paris has got the dumbest cops alive.... seriously the best part of France! (except the pasta at the truckstop by the swiss border... F-ing delicious!!)

5. Mister man 1217

Mister man 1217 Forerunner

Looks like it took you forever to create, and it looks so much lke the real thing. I also really like hoe you put teleporters so we csn go on it. I find this all quiet impressive on your part. Good work pal.

6. No Effin Way

No Effin Way Forerunner

is this map really not ghostmerged? it looks awesome even without ghostmerging it.

7. Combat P3nguin

Combat P3nguin Ancient

Pretty epic man you have done well not to ghost merg this map, It is leaning to one side but that doesen't really matter. Just imagine what you could do with a budget glitch map.

8. goop

goop Ancient

WOW? I only wish you had it made it playable. This would have made a killer one bomb map. But, great job! I am amazed by the size of it. It puts the tower I built to shame.

9. zConviction

zConviction Ancient

Wow, how many time was this tower, "erected"? lol. Anyway, very original to me, and looks very cool. Also, I like how tall, big, and juicy it is. (That's sorta what she said.) Good map, 9.3/10

10. kwheelscc

kwheelscc Forerunner

Eiffil Tower

Every time i get a good idea for a map i just can't stop working on it until its done, so it did take a considerable amount of time. Just like every other map i made.

Oh and the way i did this without ghost merging was that i would set a object down and put the spawning time at 180sec and set it so that it wouldn't be there at the beginning of the round. So it would give me 3mins to set a object(s) down before they would spawn. But it did get messy at times when the object wasn't solid when the other objects spawn, which would force the second object out of the first.

11. x DREAM 76 x

x DREAM 76 x New World Man

That's why you use a "marker". A marker is an object or spawn point placed on the lated spawned object. That way when the object is late spawned you know where to old object is without having to guess.

12. xSoGx Grim

xSoGx Grim Commander

Hell ya! I've been waiting to see this for a while now. I KNEW somebody out there had to forge the damn thing.. Im not going to bash on the craftsmanship considering that you didn't ghost merge. Hell that's a damn good job without it and the effort. 9/10!

13. Dark Swerk

Dark Swerk Ancient

This map looks very sick haha. Also those facts were very cool to see. I have always wanted to build a model of something famous like this but I always thought it would be to hard to make concidering the sizes. You did a perfect job thought 24/10