Effective Spawn Placement

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by TrueDarkFusion, Dec 1, 2007.

1. ewmoldycheese

ewmoldycheese Ancient

Maybe they were in local and lowered their weapon, then beat down or something like that

2. Turkey bag56

Turkey bag56 Ancient

Im makeing a CTF map but the spawns aren't working :( The map is good but people can spawn in the other spawn points (attackers <----> defenders) and it kills the map :'( Ive got attackers at blue base and defenders at red....
    Is there any way to be 100% sure that attackers and defenders spawn at the right spawn point? Like by useing respawn areas or something?

please help!

3. Wingah

Wingah Ancient

Ok so i consider myself a fairly good and knowledgeable forger however i have ran into a problem i cant fix and im about to pull my hair out because it is ruining my map. I have built a symmetrical map for team slayer or team doubles anyway the thing about team slayer or team snipes that i find most annoying on some symmetrical maps is that you can spawn at the other persons base so i am trying to make it so that my map the blue team always spawns on one half and the red team on the other half in various spots of course. So i have gone to the slayer game type and put my starting spawn points in and set them to attackers and defenders and have then place a spawn area on each side and measured it correctly for each team and set those to the corrisponding attackers and defenders. Here is the proplem i tested it by killing the other team and waiting to see where they spawn they do spawn on the correct side of the map but they spawn in the exact same spot every time even if you are standing right there instead of spawning at another spawn point on that side that you are not standing next to. Why is this happening and how can i fix it??? Thanks for the help sorry for the wall of text but it needed to be done to fully describe what was happening.

4. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

Wingah, this is because you need to use spawn zones and never test youre spawns in forge. The main problem is probably the last one, but spawn zones help remove spawn killing. If you still have problems send me a PM and i will try to figure it out.

5. TIKI500

TIKI500 Forerunner

This is great but I would have hoped that you gave more advice on how spawns should be. Like for different game types, where people should spawn. For me, this is the longest and most boring part of map making

6. Plague Fiend

Plague Fiend Forerunner

After looking at the spawn set-ups for many maps and gametypes, I would have to say that the map dictates the # of spawns and there placement. Gametype dictates the # of starting spawn points.