Eclipse

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by DeadeyeForge, Aug 14, 2008.

1. rapid release

rapid release Ancient

Your right I love the post D34dEYE and love your map it's one my favorites of yours.I hope it gets featured.

I remember that tee-bag of victory.

#21 rapid release, Aug 14, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  2. Savagesound

Savagesound Ancient

For your first post this is great you really set the bar high for all the other maps you make though.

3. Scopulus

Scopulus Ancient

Phenomenal map! I must say this is a very impressive piece of work. Expect to see this in my next FH Maps video.

4. Nobody Worthy

Nobody Worthy Ancient

This looks like a very impressive map. You posted it rather well. I'll be sure to check it out and get back to you.

5. DeadeyeForge

DeadeyeForge Ancient

Thanks for the comment, but try to download it and play on it. A lot of people are just glancing through the pictures. I'd like it if as much people would play the map, because it plays great, and it has just the amount of cover to prevent too many long chases that end up in losing the person before they can come up again and assassinate you. And another thing, what is your FH Maps video?

6. Nobody Worthy

Nobody Worthy Ancient

The one thing that upset me about this map was the massive amount of grenades. No, well, massive amount I guess is a little overboard. But I think sticking with two types (Frags, and your choice of sticky-types) is best. It's also ok to have one fire bomb IMO (I think you do, but I can't recall). But I guess that's really up to you. Oh, and it may have just been me, but I think the weapon layout was a bit unfair. I can't be too sure though... I just think in actual gameplay having so many grenades = spam of them. Which is bad for gameplay IMO. They layout was very well done. Some top notch interlocking and geomerging. The wall you had for the back area was rather... new? Yes, lets go with that. It really isn't needed I think, because you can still get to the windows. (Can't get past them though) I didn't get a chance to play a game, and I doubt I will... but I can imagine gameplay would be rather fun. Lots of nice jumping areas. Over all I give this a map a 8/10.

7. GladiateSmiths

GladiateSmiths Ancient

I really like the way this looks from the post. I constantly have more maps to download than space, so this may not receive another look for a while, but while I'm here I must say that this is one of the better Foundry FFA maps I've seen. It looks well constructed with good merging, and the aesthetics are great too. The post itself is always what wins me over initially, and you got me this time with a great description, some good pictures, and it's not cluttered and messy. Great map with a great post to compliment it.

8. DeadeyeForge

DeadeyeForge Ancient

Seriously, thanks, it's people like GladiateSmiths that I enjoy that go to my post. I just want people to read the thread or play on the map, then post a comment. Instead of just glancing through some pics and then giving a comment to rank up when you are missing out on a map you could really like.

9. Camoflaug

Camoflaug Ancient

i am one of the few that actually played this map and i can say that its awsome i love the look,feel, and flow of this map gameplay is amazing and it blocked off like half of one of the back bases which i have never seen done before in a competitive map making this map original the one thing i see is that this person copied the bridge stair thing from bayonetwork which i dont know was an accident. or also the back middle structure with the teleporter at the bottom i thought it was a cool little add to the map but theres holes that if you fell down you couldnt get out which ruins gameplay but none the less great job and welcome to forgehub. You are no stranger to forge as i can see you should have joined earlier. Greatjob 5.5/5

#29 Camoflaug, Aug 15, 2008
  10. GD27 BlueDevil

GD27 BlueDevil Ancient

This looks very cool! The way you combined geoglitching and interlocking are impecable and I also like how yu didn't block off the back room. Very clean looking map :)

From the pics it looks great and I will play on it in a few minutes. Great job!

11. Brodellsky

Brodellsky Ancient

Looks like its got the Bayonetwork feel.
    Does it play as nice as that does?

12. DeadeyeForge

DeadeyeForge Ancient

Ok, A lot of people are saying this map is a lot like bayonet work. I didn't know about the bridge/stair method when i was working on this map. I had always though of the stairs in that position as suspensions. The difference between this map and Bayonetwork is that this map is a lot bigger and isn't really meant for 1 bomb/1 flag. Eclipse is really meant for slayer or FFA. If you read the description, you would know. I didn't know about bayonet until after i was done making this map though. And by the way, Bayonetwork is a great map. Sorry, i thought the stairs as supports were a common method, i used them in many of my maps on my file share, including one that was made 6 months ago... To answer your question, Lok x ChAoS, yes, game play i guess could be called similar, the main thing that I liked about it was that it seems that you're never getting attacked by more than one person at a time. Mainly because Eclipse takes up all of the square Foundy and parts of the back of Foundry.

#32 DeadeyeForge, Aug 15, 2008
  13. Mental

Mental Ancient

The map looks really nice and uses up the entire space of foundry which isnt seen quite as often.

14. buttsniffer

buttsniffer Ancient

Dud3 th1s map 1s s0o0o0o0o0o0 secksy I is gon DL r1ght n0vv

15. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

while i see some very familiar parts in this map [bridge with stairs, housing needler], i cant say im mad in the slightest because im in love with the map. Im going to download it once i finish typing this. Im glad you liked bayonetwork, and im sure im not the first to do the stairs thing, so dont worry about it.

Weapon placement looks great, and well thought out, with the exception that i despise firebombs. Other than that, fantastic job. i like the double box/singlebox structure against the far wall in the middle. Looks amazing.

16. buttsniffer

buttsniffer Ancient

H0ly shiz 1 juzt play3d a gam3 0n tis and I p00p3d mae pants gr3eat h0ly nut$ m4p.

17. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

i went through it in forge, and most of the interlocking and geomerging is smooth, which is a plus. however, i was able to escape the map fairly easily, in the back tunnel that leads to the blocked base. you can toss a few grenades behind those barriers to move them and then jump through the window panel. that would be something to fix if you make a v2. i have not tried to play a game yet, but will as soon as possible.

18. V

V Ancient

Wow very sexy first map! The interlocking here is superb and it looks like you put a lot of time and planning into the entire layout of this map. I'm amazed that this is your first map. It does looks a taaaaaaaad bit open and maybe the addition of a couple barriers, interlocked walls, etc. would make this already great map even better. Overall, I give this a 9.5/10 with really no complaints at all and 5 stars.

19. DeadeyeForge

DeadeyeForge Ancient

Yeah, thanks for checking out the map on forge, Lawful Chilli. And you're right, the barrier wall in the back is escapable and I knew that from the start, but if you're playing with mature players they shouldn't try to get outside of the map. I mean, you have to rocket or grenade the hell out of it, push aside the barrier pieces, and get a jump through the window panels while on top of scattered barrels. But yeah thanks for noticing that and mentioning it.

20. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

yeah people who would try to go back there during a game when it is clearly blocked off would be pretty gay.
    and i did see you had limited objects left so there is not much else you could do to block it off... maybe barriers behind the window panels with teleporters or weapon holders behind them.