Eclipse

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by DeadeyeForge, Aug 14, 2008.

1. DeadeyeForge

DeadeyeForge Ancient

Eclipse
    Created by DeadeyeForge

Supported Gametypes:
    Eclipse supports Slayer, CTF, Assault, and Infection.
    FFA Eclipse supports Slayer/FFA.

Map Description
    I've always liked two types of maps on Foundry. Maps that have great gameplay and maps that have great architecture. So what I decided to do was to make a mainly Slayer based Foundry map that combined both of those techniques. Eclipse is an asymmetrical map that includes many Forging 101 techinques including, geomerging, object merging, infinite budget, and many other great methods brought to me by my respected Forge Hub'ers. The map uses about 80% of Foundry to make the gameplay better. What I mean here is that, with all due respect, some of the smaller maps on Foundry that look good, don't play good with multiple players or for FFA/Slayer. But I do think that Eclipse plays amazingly and gives the amount of cover needed to eliminate the possibility of getting, "TRIPLE BR'ed". All my interlocking is very clean and all the geomerges are very accurate. About 90% of the immovable objects in the map are geo merged into the ground slightly or a lot to either stop a grenade from slipping underneath or to complete a jump from the ground or another object.

What's Unique
    What's really unique about this map is that a lot of time and effort was put into building this map. But not just that, what I also see as unique is that I used many methods from other Forgers and the Forging 101 to create the perfect map. Along with that I also used the back hall of Foundry, and one starting areas of Foundry that many maps never use. I've made many maps before but it just seems that this map really hit the spot and I think that I have a great chance of getting featured if everyone can respectfully give it a try.

Weapons
    The Weapons used on Eclipse spread through a wide variety of alien and human weapons to make the map more fun.

The Weapons used are:
    Battle Rifle, Covenant Carbine, Shotgun, Flamethrower, Sentinel Beam, Rocket Launcher, Needler, Plasma Pistol, Magnum, Assault Rifle, Brute Shot, Plasma Rifle, SMG, Spiker, and the Sniper Rifle.

Questions
    To help the viewers of this thread I decided to post some of the most frequently asked questions about this map.

Q: What's the map supposed to be?
    A: Well, it's not really supposed to be anything but a free-for-all spartan training ground but the curved single boxes are supposed to be pipes.

Q: How long did it take to make?
    A: It took me more than 120 hours to make with building and testing.

Q: Is it really best for FFA or would Objective games work better?
    A: In my opinion, no, this map was specifically designed to be an FFA map from the start, and it plays Great on it due to the design of the map that I used. But objective games still work pretty good on the non - FFA version.

What I hope YOU will do.
    This is my first post but I have been forging Halo 3 since the first day it came out and I know the perfected methods of all the forging 101 tactics. I really just want you to not underestimate my rank and go play FFA or a team game on Eclipse, you'll love it, I promise you. :]

A jump - up that eventually leads to an exposed active camo.
    [​IMG]
    Mmmmm... Fresh geo merging..
    [​IMG]

Purple base, on a very unused part of Foundry.
    [​IMG]
    The Sniper's peak, where the sniper spawns.
    [​IMG]

The Deployable Cover comes handy.
    [​IMG]

A fresh kill calls for a fresh spray painting??? .... on my map??
    [​IMG]

Thanks for everyone that downloads and gives feedback. I hope you can enjoy this map for an occasional FFA or whatever else you feel like playing on it. :)

Download Links Below

Eclipse v2

FFA Eclipse v2

#1 DeadeyeForge, Aug 14, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  2. FreshCherry

FreshCherry Ancient

VERY VERY nice interlocking on all the pics. i like the sign interlocking on the first pic. also the gameplay seems very cool. not much cover though. should add more, but when you do, this will get featured!

Bottlecap likes this.
  3. Sk84lyfe13

Sk84lyfe13 Ancient

this is very well made. 5/5 great interlocking, good gameplay, nice aesthetics, and the layout is good. keep forging.

4. DeadeyeForge

DeadeyeForge Ancient

Hey thanks, I've played Halo 3 since the day it came out and now i'm a general grade 3 with tons of games. I think forge is the thing for me because i know how gameplay works from experience and that gives me an advantage on editing. But about changing the map, I think I'm going to leave the map how it is, i've tested it for a few days and the map plays great, the cover is well thought out and supports you from where you're standing pretty much anywhere, thanks for checking it out and thanks for recommending a feature :).

#4 DeadeyeForge, Aug 14, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  5. Hazza

Hazza Ancient

For a first post, I must say this is great! Someone who reads the rules! + rep already :D.

Anyway... The structures that you have created are cool. Interlocking and geo-meging looks fantastic and the use of ledges here and there is nice too. The foundry bases being used is a great idea as it could change gameplay. The immovable objects you have placed here and there make the map seem less foundry-like and more authentic.

I still think that you need to add cover here and there but for a first map post, this is brilliant - clean, good map... that's all there needs to be. Well done, I hope we see many more maps from you and maybe even a feature :D

6. Ja Red is Ninja

Ja Red is Ninja Ancient

omg!!! this has 3P1C interlocks/geomerges... your map is 3P1C7Y winning in awesomeness. 4.99999999999999999999/5

7. drak

drak Ancient

nicely made map 5/5! i like the interlocking is clean

8. Silver K 117

Silver K 117 Ancient

very well made good job.

9. sgt.pepper

sgt.pepper Ancient

great job on ur first map really nice job, it looks really smooth and nice merging i like the concept and the archetecture looks really cool, great job ill dl a sap

Bottlecap likes this.
  10. stin10

stin10 Ancient

the first pic says it all. crazy map, beautiful. best first post ever. 5/5. great interlocking and geomerging

Bottlecap likes this.
  11. Pennywiez

Pennywiez Ancient

WOW this is the best map i have seen from a first poster great job
    i love how you interlocked almost everything to some thing to that make the map smooth good job! 5/5

Bottlecap likes this.
  12. Acosta02

Acosta02 Ancient

I typically don't like judging a map by the pictures, but this one really caught my eye. This map demands a download from me, and I will tell you what I thought for sure.

Camoflaug likes this.
  13. DeadeyeForge

DeadeyeForge Ancient

Wow, thanks to everyone that posted. I hope everyone can download and have a great time on the map. The pictures are great, yes. You'll think the same thing about the gameplay when you try out the map. The extra parts of Foundry used really help the map play better, by adding more space, and creating a hallway in the back of the map to sneak up behind the defender's base.

#13 DeadeyeForge, Aug 14, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  14. EagerToWait

EagerToWait Ancient

. . . Brilliant. . . your first post ay? its awesome along with the map. err I'm only going by pictures but I'm gonna download then get back to you on what i thought.

Looks like everything is geomerged in to the ground or walls. Many people think it doesn't matter but it does. I makes it smoother and the grenades don't get stuck in the little holes...

Well done mate. . .

Yea so I played it and yes its great... Like Vorpal Said easy on the 'nades you don't wanna turn it into a sticky fight. Maybe just put the respawn rate up high.
    The layout feels just right although i only played it with my friend so in a Intense game situation it may be different most probably better.
    This is probably my worst review but I hope it helped. Well done again. . .

Keep On Forging!

#14 EagerToWait, Aug 14, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
    Camoflaug likes this.
  15. Madz

Madz Ancient

I really love the big pipe and the sniper peak in the map it makes it feel like its not just another foundry map! 5/5

16. NarutoHaloFan13

NarutoHaloFan13 Ancient

This is A-MAZING for a first post!Awesome gamplay,geomerging and interlocking!10/5

17. Obibital

Obibital Ancient

very nicely interlocked and geo-merging, the design is very interesting, and yes deployable cover does come in handy.

18. an ADDICT

an ADDICT Ancient

Looks incredible. Expert forging no doubt. Designed with FFA in mind is a plus as well. downloading now, enjoying later.

19. Lamposts

Lamposts Ancient

The interlocking is superb! The game play seems like it would be so much fun to play on. IMO you should add just a little more cover, it would make the map much more tactical and teamwork would be key to victory, still it does have cover though just a little more would do it. Great Map! 5/5!

20. Camoflaug

Camoflaug Ancient

yea this does look really cool the best part is probly the interlocked single boxes that was the best for me.... great job and great map im gonna dl and get back to you on game pklay cause this looks really fun.... ill be back later.