Easiest campaign (No spoilers)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by TDT Duke Nukem, Nov 10, 2012.

1. TDT Duke Nukem

TDT Duke Nukem Ancient

As stated.

Shortest and easiest campaign on legendary. I'll have to final verdict after a solo playthrough but 2 players was far too quick.

What did you guys think?

2. SilentJacket

SilentJacket Forerunner

run through it with a hardlight shield

seriously, there is no "Easy" way to play the most difficult setting in a game.

kinda counter-productive if you could circumvent it so quickly.

3. Chron

Chron Ancient

I disagree with what you said about Halo 4 being the easiest campaign. I felt that it was much higher than Reach in terms of difficulty (and enjoyment). I mean, the new Promethean enemies can be a total ***** sometimes and unlike the Elites, you can't just kill the Promethean Knights with the PP+precision weapon combo. I've only completed 6 missions on legendary so far, but I'm dreading some battles that occur in the last 2 missions.

4. SpartanPeter

SpartanPeter Around the Block

Well, dont say it was THAT easy. At least for me, it was challenging on my own. I got through some missions, without almost dying. But the ending part was an little bit hard.

5. Cristov

Cristov Promethean

I thought it was definitely shorter, but I felt like the last couple of missions very hard to play alone on legendary. Maybe it was my lack of finding weapons other than suppressors...

6. Paranoia UK

Paranoia UK Ancient

Im four missions in and it has yet to truly test me. There have been a couple of areas where I died a few times but mostly its fairly easy to defeat the enemies. It definately seems to be alot easier than Halo 1,2,3 and ODST. I put it on par with Reach. As long as you have a PP and DMR type weapon it doesnt throw up too many problems

7. Audienceofone

Audienceofone Forerunner

I just beat the second mission and the legendary difficulty is kicking my arse.

Show-offs. :D

8. theSpinCycle

theSpinCycle Halo Reach Era

This. I'm finding it quite difficult.

Skulls, anyone?

9. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

i'd have to say its one of the hardest, if not the hardest, of any halo game. if you say its way easier than the original trilogy and odst, then you must have just sucked at video games when you played them and didnt realize it. i re-played through every halo game on legendary in the last 6 months, and id say, in order of hardest to easiest, halo 4>reach>halo 2>CE>ODST>halo 3

10. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

Reach more difficult than 2?

o_O...

11. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

you could argue that the flood in halo 2 made it the hardest, but i thought that besides the flood missions it wasnt too challenging, and reach was overall harder playing solo.

but the lack of anything that is really effective against the knights (noob combo for elites in past games) , and how often you fight them, makes halo 4 the hardest for me

#11 Wood Wonk, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  12. Organite

Organite Journalist

Ha ha I thought the same thing.
    I remember slaving over Halo 2 legendary for like a month.
    Every other game on legendary I've been able to do with little issue.

Jesus, I'll never forget how hard the first damn mission was on legendary in H2.

13. SpartanPeter

SpartanPeter Around the Block

Hah most easy campaign ever. Nah kidding, im really kidding with this. I did it solo on legendary and man, i died way more then i should have died.
    But the prometheans prove to be an challenge, for example : 1 - If you shoot the knights shield down he teleports crazy to you, smacks you to 0, and when he teleports back his shield is up again. 2 - He spawns the watcher. 3 - Crawler with an binary rifle (WTF) 4 - Promethean with incineration cannon (BLAM! dead -_- BLAM dead 0_-..) 5 - Last level, **** load of prometheans before you reach the Didact.

And the hunters on the composer, where they get out of the grav lift... Took me 20 times, but i got the achievement in tricking the hunter iover the edge though. I think the armor and experience is worth it though. Loved the campaign, now to SpOps i guess.

14. StolenMadWolf

StolenMadWolf Promethean

I don't play Legendary, but Good job Im not because the campaign even on normal is absolutely BEAST. I died more times than I should have and had scavge weapons all the time.

And the Elites with energy swords are killer with the one hit kills.

15. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

I found this on legendary to be pretty damn tough. Vehicle levels weren't that hard (but they never are), and the first couple levels were easy enough, but anything involving promethean knights resulted in a fair number of deaths on my part. Strangely though, the thing I had the hardest time with is a part (only vague spoilers here) where you are zooming around in a ghost - you zip into this one huge, open area where you can splatter an elite and steal the banshee he was trying to get into, but then you get completely raped by two more banshees, a few ghosts, and a whole battalion of grunts and elites firing at you from all angles. I hated that part, took me forever (and when I finally beat it, I trashed multiple vehicles to pull it off - kept having to desperately fly somewhere, dump my smoking ****-heap, and grab something else to fight with).

My main problem with all the promethean parts, and really the whole campaign: not enough precision weapons/ammo for said weapons. If I'd had more in the way of DMRs, BMRs and light rifles I would have found most everything quite a bit easier.

I will say this, for anyone having trouble with promethean knights - the auto sentinel is your friend. Seriously. It dies quickly but while it lives it is a great distraction and pecks away at their health relentlessly.

I got that achievement by pretty much accidentally knocking the hunter off with a fuel rod or concussion shot. Hilarious, and lucky...

16. Narfidy444

Narfidy444 Promethean

Gnuh... I cant imagine the last level on legendary. SO MANY INCINERATOR KNIGHTS.

Overall extremely enjoyable campaign. Normal run through at a friends house was a breeze with him, and besides the always prominent issue of Cortana not showing you the way point until you've walked past it 6 times... It was great

17. Erupt

Erupt Forerunner
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I had the same problem. But after my, like, 4th death I decided to try it on ground instead of taking the Banshee and it was much easier that way..

Yeah, so far the only threatening things to me are the Promethean Knights. Everything else is trivial.

#17 Erupt, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  18. Loscocco

Loscocco Ancient

H2 > H1 > H4 > H3 > Reach = ODST

Solo Legendary wasn't too difficult with Halo 4, but nothing in that campaign was nearly as simple as anything in Reach or ODST, those campaigns were complete jokes.

19. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

I eventually figured out the same thing. I cleared as much stuff off of ground level as possible using a ghost and then running around on foot; only after most of them were dead did I grab a banshee (well, two of them) to take out the elites and the two banshees circling overhead. The annoying part of being on the ground was the banshees though - spent a lot of time zooming from one piece of cover to another, and sometimes hiding in little rooms waiting for my shields to come back.

That whole section sucked. I get the feeling it would have been much easier with at least one person playing with me and taking some of the heat off.

20. ChronoTempest

ChronoTempest Senior Member

I'm actually breezing through Legendary more quickly than my first run on Heroic, believe it or not. Even the knights are going down easy for me.
    That said, this campaign feels more linear and shorter overall, but maybe it's in my head.