Earth

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by buddhacrane, Mar 4, 2008.

1. WD911

WD911 Ancient

Re: Earth (Puzzle Map)

i downloaded and got stuck on the second room
    any tips?

2. buddhacrane

buddhacrane Ancient

Thanks "Excuse Me Moses" that is really helpful. I'm going to add it to my front post for all those lazy people that can't seem to read (note post above me)

3. Perfectdarkl33t

Perfectdarkl33t Ancient

Running close to the costom content limit on my old XBL account so I Downloaded on my new one. Can't wait to try and obviously fail.

4. Shirriff Moro

Shirriff Moro Ancient

Wow. That, is just amazing. How did you come up with all that?

5. Sage

Sage Ancient

If you guys like this puzzle map go to his file share and download the others (Partner Course takes two people on the opposite teams

6. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

[size=25pt]NO ADVERTISING.

7. Ferretness

Ferretness Ancient

[color=#51a8b]Hey, I thought the puzzle map was interesting, but in some parts it was just downright insane. There was no way that without the video you could find your way through a few parts of the maze. I would try and make it less of a "find the cheese" and more of a "get the cheese". Still though, all around a good make. I'm sad to hear your not making more.[/color]

8. TEC: The Elite Connection

wow, just wow.

9. buddhacrane

buddhacrane Ancient

yeah Ferret it is very hard to work out what to do sometimes without the video but I did say it was designed for experienced puzzle solvers, i.e for people that find most other puzzle maps out there easy/predictable.

The very nature of the fact I come up with totally new ideas is what makes them so hard to work out, if I did ideas that everyone else has already come up with it would be far more predictable now wouldn't it?

My reasoning is that if I managed to come up with the idea/method in the first place, surely someone else can do the same thing and solve the puzzle I created. Many people have completed my puzzles without a video and that is why I put hints and pictures in my first post, to give people a gentle nudge in the right direction.

10. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

This map was incredibly difficult to solve, but I had fun doing it! I think the hardest part for me, was realizing I had to kill myself for the 2nd time, and then to go back to the teleporter which was blocked. And that whole time I thought it was just there to throw me off....hahaha, good work. Your knowledge of Halo trickery is outstanding!

11. Ferretness

Ferretness Ancient

It makes more sense looking at it from that standpoint. I still believe it was a little too hard. But all in all, a 7/10 (Thats good I don't give out 9s and 10s....like ever...so consider a 7 and 8 as good as most peoples 9s and 10s [not trying to be conceited just saying I think 9s and 10s should be reserved for only the very best)]

12. buddhacrane

buddhacrane Ancient

Fair enough Ferret.

You may like my Spartan course or Terrortories puzzle maps better then, I made them before Earth and they're slightly easier and shorter. They're on my fileshare and are also accompanied by walkthrough vids for if people get stuck.

Yeah I would agree Draw that the 2nd suicide is the sneakiest bit because you would never think that dying is a good thing to do in the middle of a puzzle map. I actually first saw the idea in another puzzle map and I worked it out when they did it so I decided it was acceptable, if evil. It is funny when people realise that the blocked teleporter from right near the beginning actually served a purpose, it also made for a good checkpoint.

Interestingly my next puzzle map is focusing on that very idea of commiting suicide and creating checkpoints. Wait, what's that? I just gave away that I'm working on a new puzzle map! *Shifty Eyes*

13. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

i wanna help test, please!!!!!

14. Y35 <3

Y35 <3 Ancient

this looks hard and i remember playing it with a friend long ago
    time for another try :)

15. PersonNinja

PersonNinja Ancient

Good show man. nice clues but the video goes way to fast. None of my friends have finished nor have I. It's a lot easier with a partner even though your not supposed to.

16. fiery

fiery Ancient

Im stuck.Time to watch the walkthrough!

17. retroremix

retroremix Ancient

I can`t get past room 1.(under the stairs)

18. bib bob

bib bob Ancient

looks crazy hard a DL for me

with extreme
    bib bob

19. BarkusTheMan 1

BarkusTheMan 1 Ancient

I love the way you make little riddles in the descriptions, just like a Batman villain!

20. sinwar14

sinwar14 Ancient

awesome map