E3 2010 Discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shatakai, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Camel Carcass

Camel Carcass Ancient

Watched the live stream, and EA's is up now.

2. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

EA is over dude, well on G4 that is.

3. QKT

QKT Ancient

bulletstorm looks nice though, but seems repetitive.

4. Shatakai

Shatakai Ancient

That's what I thought before that demo during their conference. That demo totally changed my mind, that looked way better than what it looked like before.

5. Hari

Hari Ancient

6. Shatakai

Shatakai Ancient

Gamestop also says that Kinect is going for $149.99, but it's not confirmed.

7. Hari

Hari Ancient

Overpriced. So badly. There had better be some good bundles or something. Right now, its looking like the PS3. Its really cool, but theres no games for it.

8. QKT

QKT Ancient

im gonna buy a ps3. i planned to anyway, and the bastardsation of e3 so far hasnt swayed me away from the decision

9. Shatakai

Shatakai Ancient

Sony is looking to have a lot more quality titles than Microsoft for the rest of the year. Microsoft has Fable 3, Halo Reach, and Gears in 2011, and that's it.

Meanwhile Sony has:
    Gran Turismo 5
    Killzone 3
    LittleBigPlanet 2
    Infamous 2
    Socom 4
    The Last Guardian
    Agent

10. Camel Carcass

Camel Carcass Ancient

Xbox has crackdown 2 as well, but that's shown F* all in E3 so far.
    You've summed up the good Sony exclusives this year well. Maybe apart from Resistance 3.

The MS press conference was mostly disappointing, but the reach and gears gameplay was beautiful.

EA - Crysis looked duller than expected, but still awesome pretty. Bulletstorm looked fantastic, and I fell in love with that representative girl for it. Oh, and the KOTOR 2 CGI trailer was awesome.

11. Shatakai

Shatakai Ancient

Ubisoft: Worst press conference I have ever seen in my life.

12. KratosAurion777

KratosAurion777 Ancient

My E3 Day 1 Review (By Conference):

Microsoft:
    The conference started out well with the Call of Duty: Black Ops trailer and live gameplay footage. The graphics actually appeared to be a step up from Modern Warfare 2, and the gameplay actually looked promising (hopefully Treyarch delivers on this one...) Gears of War 3 had an equally strong showing, highlighting new enemies and improved graphics. The Halo: Reach campaign footage looked great, and the AI seems to have been significantly improved this time around. The Project Natal, renamed Kinect, games looked rather weak. Many of the games appeared to be direct copies of Wii games, and were overall rather unimpressive. The menu navigation, video chat, and media playback all seemed improved with the addition of Kinect, but I am not sure that those updates alone warrant the peripheral. The unveiling of the new 360 Slim at the end really sealed the conference, as the built-in wifi adapter and 250gb harddrive are great additions.

Overall, 4/5 (-1 for the endlessly boring Kinect demonstrations)

EA:
    This conference went very well. The highlight was the second CG trailer for Star Wars: The Old Republic, which may even top the first CG trailer (E3 2009). I have to ask, though, why can the female Jedi stop a lightsaber with her hand? The Battlefield addon looked interesting... I will wait for more information before making a final judgment on it. Crysis 2 looks incredible, and I can't wait to see the 3D in person. The graphics are fantastic, and the gameplay looked very enjoyable. I can't wait for Crysis 2. Medal of Honor was ok, I thought that it looked overdone at this point (With BFBC 1&2, CoD:MW 1&2, and the plethora of other modern warfare games) but I will wait to see more before judging it. Deadspace 2 looked phenomenal, though not quite as terrifying as the original. Bulletstorm looked like a genuinely fun game to play, and I can't wait to see more.

Overall, 5/5, even though Bioware could have made more of an appearance.

Ubisoft:

I really can't offer any positive comments on this one. I wasted an hour and a half on that awful conference, and I don't remember anything specific from the first hour or so... The vitality sensor looks awful, Shawn White Skateboarding is completely unappealing, BattleTag (or whatever it is called) is awful... The redemming content at the Ubisoft conference consisted of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Driver (though the ability to teleport from car to car is rather perplexing...), and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

Overall, 2/5. They had a few gems, but they were so buried in mess that it almost devalues them.

#32 KratosAurion777, Jun 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  13. Shihuru

Shihuru Ancient

Im getting a little bored of all these developers making sequels. I want to see something different. All i saw were sequels to games like gears of war 3, dead space 2, socom 4, infamous 2.

Thats why im more excited about games like Brink. I do have to say that the rebirth of MoH is looking pretty damn sexy. Its definitely going to give Mw2 a run for its money. Need for speed Hot pusuit was a half and half for me. I always like NFS for its street racing and its tuner customizations.

MoH beta on June 17th for anyone who owns a copy of BC2!

#33 Shihuru, Jun 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  14. SRC48

SRC48 Ancient

I was thinking about not even looking at MoH until I saw it was made by dice. It looks like a sexier, dirtier bfbc2. The guns look rugged, and the sights and scopes look real. DICE's new sexiness is lookin' good. I'm excited for reach even more, ****ing space battles dude! This year in gaming is gonna rock, now excuse me while I find a job so I can afford all this **** XD

15. J4M NUTST3R

J4M NUTST3R Ancient

GR:FS Looks Awesome, as does the fact that it is 4 player COOP! HELL YEAH!

16. Shihuru

Shihuru Ancient

Was there anything in E3 about the Star Wars Battlefront 3?

I was in love with SW:B2 for the original xbox. Sure, it was rugged arounf the edges but it was so much fun, ESPECIALLY the space battles!

I wonder how good the improvements are gonna be now that its going to debut on next gen consoles! I wonder how big the battlefields are gonna be. I wonder how epic the space battles gonna be, i wonder how overall how bitchin this game is gonna be!

I don't think im gonna have enough money or time to be able to buy and play all these great games that are coming out. I need to hurry up and get a j-j-job... >_< ...and save!

#36 Shihuru, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  17. KratosAurion777

KratosAurion777 Ancient

Star Wars: Battlefront 3 was cancelled and Pandemic Studios, the company behind Battlefront 1 & 2, was shut down. The project was actually pretty far along, and there had been leaked footage of the game being demonstrated. There was going to be a new game mode in which you could fight on an entire planet essentially, including the atmosphere and surrounding areas in space.

18. Camel Carcass

Camel Carcass Ancient

Kev won the whole E3.

19. Shatakai

Shatakai Ancient

Sony's conference was definitely the best.

20. KratosAurion777

KratosAurion777 Ancient

Eh... I think Nintendo did better than Sony. I really am not impressed with all of Sony's 3D talk; Nintendo has the right idea with glasses-free TV.