Dynasty

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by RoboArtist, Oct 27, 2012.

1. RoboArtist

RoboArtist Forerunner

DYNASTY

A map thats inspired by Narrows (from h3). But its also almost an entirely different layout. as well as the replacement hallways instead of cannon men. Plus those teleporters up top lead to the receivers down at bottom mid (1-way).
    The map is completely enclosed (how I managed to pull it off I have no clue due to budget and item limits). But from alot of testing, this newest version should be lag-free. Im not completely sure about splitscreen, though. But I used the objects as efficient and aesthetic as I could.
    When it comes to player count, it can support up to 10 players, though I recommend 8 most of the time.
    Last but not least, snipers(2) spawn at each base on bottom floor similar to narrows. But due to the short distance between snipes and bottom mid, I had no choice but to put Rocket Launcher at top mid.
    I really could type alot more for details, but I feel that maybe you can just download it for the full experience ;P

-Pics-
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 RoboArtist, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  2. theSpinCycle

theSpinCycle Halo Reach Era

Forging looks clean, but I question a few of your decisions. Firstly, why would players want to go through a teleporter that takes them down levels? Secondly, Rocket Launcher at top mid? O_O From what I remember of Narrows, Top Mid gets quite a pretty sum of traffic, has your layout changed that significantly?

Not trying to be insulting; just curious.

3. RoboArtist

RoboArtist Forerunner

Top mid doesn't get as much traffic as narrows. Narrows top mid curved upward and gave a little more cover and height advantage. This doesn't have height advantage and you're more vulnerable. So yea, it's a really big difference

4. HissingWings

HissingWings Promethean

This map looks awesome. It may be just me but from the pictures it looks a little small and cqc-like. I haven't played it but I think it would be better as a 3v3 map with 4v4 at the most and replacing the rockets with a gl. It looks like the play spaces are narrower than on narrows (no pun intended) so a GL would be better for that. Overall it's an pretty cool looking map

5. RoboArtist

RoboArtist Forerunner

I assure you, it's alot bigger if you see it in person.. Well in game..

6. theSpinCycle

theSpinCycle Halo Reach Era

This was damn fun to play on. Just decrease the damn rocket count and possibly break base-to-base LoS through bottom mid. I had fun camping there with snipe :p