Sandbox Dutchman

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Aesthetic Maps' started by JC4DEF, Jun 20, 2009.

1. JC4DEF

JC4DEF Ancient

Created by CoolioCruz and JC4DEF Dutchman creates a cargoship environment for all to enjoy. Dutchman is in the skybubble of sandbox and is very large. The ship contains an engine room, hallways, containers, and a cockpit area. The red team spawns in the engine room where explosions are likely to happen. The blue team starts at the Front of the boat with a blue ghastly glow over looking them.

Weapons:
    Battle Rifle 4X
    Sniper Rifle 2X
    Shotgun 2X
    Machinegun Turret 2X
    Spartan Laser (Blue Spawn) 1X
    Rocket Launcher (Red Spawn) 1X
    Flamethrower (Middle Hallway)

overview

blue team spawn

cockpit

Hallway

Engine room

engine room explosion

sorry couldnt get pictures up but here is the link
    http://s874.photobucket.com/albums/ab307/jc4def/

Download Dutchman Here
    http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=82844529

#1 JC4DEF, Jun 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  2. blackandblutoo

blackandblutoo Ancient

Your pics aren't working. Ya can't link them to bungie, you must do them on photo bucket or haloscreenshots.net. You must change it in the next 24 hours or your post will be removed.

Edit: you need a dl link to

#2 blackandblutoo, Jun 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  3. Prodigious 7k

Prodigious 7k Ancient

In case you didnt know how to, here is a guide on everything about posting a map on forge hub, including screenshots. Hope this helps.

4. apesap0

apesap0 Ancient

To fix your screenshot, go to haloscreenshots.com and copy the entire thing, then just paste the whole thing saying [img ][url ] bla bla [/url][/img ]

here, I took the liberty to go there and look at your pic:
    [​IMG]

onto the map, It looks quite nice, like a real ship.
    The turrets and the splazer look a bit overpowered, but I don't know with what gametype you will play, and if it's even playable. But it looks like you made an effort into making it resemble a ship, and you succeeded.

EDIT; I found some more pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I do like the destroyable engine room.

#4 apesap0, Jun 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  5. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

Looks like a great aesthetc piece, I think you could have merged some of the stuff like the flooring however(like floor in the last picture). Does look too small for any team games though, that's just my opinion. What you should have done or should DO for a v2 are:

-Make sails
    -Make oars(Not sure how these would look though...)
    -Make a kind of design like lots of pirate ships have in the front, if you're not sure what I'm talking about I mean like how some ships in movies have mermaid figures carved into the front of the boat...

6. JC4DEF

JC4DEF Ancient

Actually we tried all of these suggestions but could not make a good sail at all and the front piece was insanely hard to do as it was and we had no money left over. The map is also huge it is large enough for at least 4 v 4 there are three stories on red side and two on blue and the middle has two stories. The boat is very wide and extremely long. Very fun to play on though it is sometimes hard to find people in a 1v1 or 2v2 game.