Dunwich

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by ReleasetheMonk, Aug 9, 2008.

1. ReleasetheMonk

ReleasetheMonk Ancient

[​IMG]

Well, I have finally released what may be my best map to date: Dunwich! Taken from the name of a famous castle in the British Isles, this map is a castle based map, which stresses the importance of flags. Yes, CTF and Territories are supported on this map.

[​IMG]

This is a view of the castle's front. The walls are easily scaled by either walking up the seige ramps (bridges), or using a magic potion (grav lift). There's also the main gate, which is accessed by a main assault through the front gate. The defenders have Brute Shots, Gravity Hammers, and they also start with Energy Swords. Up on top of the Keep there is a Ballista (Immovable Gauss Warthog), to keep the enemies at bay.

[​IMG]

The attackers have a small base to spawn in and around, and have access to the magic potion (grav lift), a catapult (Immovable Wraith), and the magic shield (Bubble Shield). Weapons include several flaming rocks (Firebomb Grenades), Brute Shots and Gravity Hammers.

[​IMG]

The Keep of Dunwich Castle. There is an entrance from the walls, or a ramp from the base of the Keep. After traveling throught the corridors the reach the top, you have arrived at the enemies coveted banner. It's time to take it back to your camp. Hurry, they'll be on your heels.

But, there's more than one way to conquer a castle.....

In the special game of Territories, the flags are not inside the buildings...they fly on top of them! When you conquer one area of the castle, your banner will fly on top of them!

Players spawn with 75% speed, 150% gravity, 50% shield recharge, and 3x Overshields.

Download Dunwich Here
    Download Seige CTF Here
    Download Conquest Here

#1 ReleasetheMonk, Aug 9, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  2. Bloumbas

Bloumbas Ancient

it has a cool name, i thought it was a switch, but i guess not. cap the flag and KOTH, seem like they would be fun on this map. i tihnk it could use better aesthenics, amybe some more intelrocking

3. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

It looks fairly simple, but well done. Good thing that the wraith is kept in place. I don't get how it is a catapult. One last thing: I didn't know any castles rhymed with Manwich. I wanna manwich please!

4. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

it looks pretty good but i would turn the bridges over to make it smoother

5. ThPerfectDrug77

ThPerfectDrug77 Ancient

hmm.. really kool map. i like the weapon ideas (ie: firebomb=flaming rock), and the idea for the flags on the top of the buildings is pure genius. really, i might have to steal it lol

6. Jester

Jester Ancient

Excellent overall castle map. I can't really think of anything that would make it better, except perhaps more cover for the attackers.

Wait...just had a brainwave! If this map is set up for one-sided assault, it would be very cool if the first bomb plant point was a gate of some sort made of movable scenery. Big boom + destructible wall = LOTR anyone?

7. PingPongLegend

PingPongLegend Ancient

its simple and clean and works
    4/5

8. SPAGETTII

SPAGETTII Ancient

Not too bad. I like the fact that you used interlocking. One thing that would probably improve the map would be for you to flip over those bridges. Also just add some more out on the attackers side, it seems a bit barren. Good job though

9. PonyD

PonyD Ancient

nothing too complicated going on in this map... a straight forward CTF match. the area outside the castle was a little open but its well balanced for both sides ever though the wraith has a larger blast radius.

good job, keep up the good work...tone up on the interlocking skills.

10. sgt.pepper

sgt.pepper Ancient

looks awsome i like the concept looks fun to play on ill dl and check out