Foundry Dry Run

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by LegendaryFluffy, Mar 24, 2009.

1. LegendaryFluffy

LegendaryFluffy Ancient

Dry Run
    Download Dry Run

So, this is my reimagination of the classic, Beaver Creek.

I didn't time myself, but this map has been in development a long time, i started it out on paper about a year ago, Check it out:

First thing you'll notice, the map runs diagonally across the main warehouse space, it was the only way I could get enough space, and I like the different feel it gives. Two bases directly oppose each other a la the original map. I spent a while working out the bases to try to get the classic Halo 1 base feel, and I think it works pretty well, they each have three entrances on the ground floor, and two staircases leading to the top.

Then there's the Arch, it's just a little bigger than the original, as you'll see. It still has the rewarding Rocket Launcher at the top. This time around, ramps lead from both bases to it, so there's always a little race to the top... with an explosive end. There's a teleporter to to the Walkway from the open box at the top of the Arch.

Across from the Arch, there's a little walkway area made of fence boxes. There's a brute shot and a Sniper up there and two teleporters to under the Arch.

Without further ado, I give you, Dry Run:

Weapons List:
    1x Rocket Launcher
    4x BR's
    2x Carbines
    1x Sniper Rifle
    1x Brute Shot
    2x Shotguns
    2x Magnums
    2x SMGs
    2x Plasma Rifles
    1x Plasma Pistol
    4x Spikers

[​IMG]
    An Overview​

[​IMG]
    The Arch​

[​IMG]
    Red Base​

[​IMG]
    Blue Base​

[​IMG]
    The Walkway​

[​IMG]
    Rocket Spawn​

[​IMG]
    Shotgun Spawn​

It's not the most perfect forging in the world, I know, but in all the playtesting we did, we always had a blast, so give it a whirl, by the way, SWAT is particularly fun.

That's all folks, I'm gonna RM my RM in the Crypt, so keep an eye out for it, but till then, have fun in the rusty old warehouse.

Download Dry Run

2. FryTheSly

FryTheSly Ancient

looks really open for swat.... wheres the tunnel like in creek? thats probably the best part about the orig! ah well it doesnt nesisarly LOOK like the creek or it doesnt seem like it would play like it... ill give it a 2.5/5 and a no go on the download... ive seen much better on remakes of this

3. LegendaryFluffy

LegendaryFluffy Ancient

it was never my intention to remake Beaver Creek, that's why i said reimagination, like valhalla and blood gulch. I guess how you like to play is what kind of map you make, i really like open maps, but the crates postitioned around the map provide adequate cover.