Sandbox Drought

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by SPRdragon, Oct 27, 2009.

1. SPRdragon

SPRdragon Ancient

Drought is a symmetrical board that I believe is great example of the importance of controlling the middle of the map.

Plays best with 4-6 players. CTF, Team Slayer, Assault, and King of the Hill are all possible.

Weapons and Vehicles:

2X Warthog (120)
    2X Chopper (120)
    4X Mongoose (60)
    4X Machine Gun Turret (120)
    2X Missile Pod (120)
    2X Rocket Launcher/4 rounds (120)
    2X Sniper Rifle/12 rounds (120)
    8X Battle Rifle (30)
    4X SMG (30)
    2X Brute Shot (120)
    2X Covenant Carbine (30)
    2X Needler (60)
    2X Plasma Pistol (30)
    4X Fragmentation Grenades (10)
    4X Plasma Grenades (10)

Equipment:

1X Grav Lift (30)
    2X Bubble Shield (60)
    2X Regenerator (60)
    2X Power Drain (60)
    2X Radar Jammer (60)

Home Base:

[​IMG]

Rear Base:

[​IMG]

Middle:

[​IMG]

Bottom Mid:

[​IMG]

Top View:

[​IMG]

Grav Lift:

[​IMG]

Download

What do you think?

2. cowboypickle23

cowboypickle23 Ancient

yeay first post. lol anyway this map looks like it has a very good layout. the thing is there is nothing really special aboout it. no wow factor. i mean it probably plays well but aethetics is a big part of maps. 3.5/5

3. Plasma Blades

Plasma Blades Ancient

Ha, wow factor is catching on :D Haha, but yeah, I agree, it's a pretty simple design. Forged nicely though. Can we get an overveiw of the map?

4. DabilahroNinja

DabilahroNinja Ancient

It's very empty, which is BAD for maps with Warthogs and Choppers. But I can see a good start, maybe just develop it?

5. pyro

pyro The Joker

For bases and something in the center this is good, although they might take up a few too many items. But you really need to develop your map. There is almost no cover to block vehicles and let people hide from them. Basically one team will take the center and fight from there against the other team in their base. Vehicles could quickly be destroyed by the missile pod with no cover to hide behind, but without a missile pod, the ground soldiers have no hope. Although the forgeing is clean, all the pieces are placed with no reguard to flow paths which the center piece utterly destroys. You might also thinking of interlocking and merging pieces in future maps to give a smoother finish.

6. XxBurkiexX

XxBurkiexX Ancient

THe map looks good at first. When you take that second look though, you havent interlocked anything which is a big part of getting better reviews, and the map is kind of open. If i was you i would of spent more time on building the base outward than upward. Hopefully theres a v2 coming. Good Job Though.

7. SPRdragon

SPRdragon Ancient

I'll work on it a little, and see what else I can come up with. The only thing I don't really want to change too much is the middle, because the whole idea for this map was to have that little cave to fight underneath and on top of.

I only interlocked a few things, and that was to create that gap right above the grav lift so players could ambush opponents at the top.

Thanks for the feedback though.

8. kill4overkill

kill4overkill Ancient

There isn't anything that stands out in this map at all. Also, the layout doesn't seem to good. There are many ramps that just lead to drop-offs and the lines of sight aren't very good. Also, you seem to have no geomerging and very little interlocking. Finally, why do you have two turrets at one base? This will totally ruin gamelplay and they will dominate. Sorry for the harsh review, but this will make your next map better.

P.S. Add a overview pic. Thanks!