Draw Bridge

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Loxitane, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Loxitane

Loxitane Ancient

i would have, but money is tight, there are somethings i have to do without.

2. ToochieHxC

ToochieHxC Ancient

love it, wonderful interlocking, and verry well made. that draw bridge is just awesome :D

3. RubbrDuckE

RubbrDuckE Ancient

This looks really cool, I like the vehicle garage. The draw bridge is neat to. The only problem I saw was the mongoose, there really isn't much use for it.

4. JASONYO

JASONYO Ancient

love the idea of a draw bridge

5. roh roh roh

roh roh roh Ancient

yeah yeah, i like this. i thought it was cool how you set up the spawns to the hog and goose. good interlocking job, everything looks pretty smooth.

6. Bottlecap

Bottlecap Ancient

After playing this in an actual game I realized the draw bridge is quite useless and has little effect on gameplay after it pops up. Perhaps you have focused this map on the wrong area. Your map layout is good although, and it seems like you have the potential to construct great maps. - Brute Captain

7. skaerkev

skaerkev Ancient

good merging

8. The Hudacris

The Hudacris Ancient

I really like this map. It is a good idea and is very neat.

9. freezefry

freezefry Ancient

I really like the overhang above the vehicles. Looks great with all of the interlocking objects.

10. XxTexasHornxX

XxTexasHornxX Ancient

My major concerns for the map are all involving vehicles. I haven't played this yet, so I am basing it off the screenshots. If I were you, I would put a mongoose in each base, so they have a purpose, to go off the drawbridge and get to the other side quickly, which is the only advantage to a mongoose. Also, I would replace the warthog with a ghost, make it a normal hog, or if you want to leave the gauss hog, I would put more anti vehicle weapons on the map. If this were my map, I would leave everything the same, but I would put a mongoose in each base, put a sniper in each base, change the warthog to a ghost, and put a laser or rockets on the one elevated area with the grav lifts to give it more appeal. This would oppose the vehicle across the way, create more balance to all parts of the map, and create more power weapons then the lone sniper.

I will update this post when I actually play it.

11. Bllasae

Bllasae Ancient

Don't we all :squirrel_giggle:.

12. Loxitane

Loxitane Ancient

i posted a revision of this map almost 3 days ago, if you are concerned with a couple issues

13. XxTexasHornxX

XxTexasHornxX Ancient

Loxitane, I don't know if your newer version fixed the "issues," but because I loved the layout of this map, I tweaked some weapons to what I thought was really solid. I moved the the mongeese from the warthog spawn, which I changed to a normal one, to each base by the turret and plasma nades tucked in a corner. I really felt the map lacked weapons, so I put two needlers in the open double box walkway. I also put a sniper on each side tucked away behind the fence wall opposite the open double box, so you can't get sniped right away. I removed the assault rifle by the stairs on each side and replaced it with a carbine, but I left the assault rifle on the bridge. I took the sniper out of the area only accessible by the man-cannons and replaced it with a laser. This way, the warthog has a chance to do some damage before you can reach the laser, and I felt that the sniper was a little overpowering since you could only get to the perch the one way which you can see on your radar when they are approaching. I also added a power drain instead of the radar jammer by the two BR's that spawn above the warthog. I then put a sentinel beam on a weapon holder where the lone needler used to be. I decided to put a sentinel beam there because it is an unused but powerful weapon. I added a few spawn in the base, fixed up some messy weapon placement, and scenery placement.

I feel like it is much more balanced because before the warthog was the only power weapon/vehicle on map other than the sniper. I think most of the changes were beneficiary, but if you want to take out weapons like the sentinel beam, needler, or carbine, please do. I just wanted to give your awesome map some variety.

I can put it up on my file share or show you it online if you want to see how it plays.

14. Egg02

Egg02 Ancient

Looks great i am definetly going to download it.

15. XxTexasHornxX

XxTexasHornxX Ancient

Really great map, you wont be disappointed. Again, I made a couple weapon changes if you want to check them out Loxitane.

16. xZonKeD

xZonKeD Ancient

yeah i agree with te other person, i could see why u would want the mongoose maybe cause it would go better with the draw bridge but think about this:if you are play team slayer on this map why would you take your time to go the the middle of the map for a mongoose. i suggest you put a ghost there, one single ghost and then possible put a mongoose on the side of each base.

17. XxTexasHornxX

XxTexasHornxX Ancient

I created one with mongeese in the bases, and instead of a ghost, I used a normal warthog. The ghost just didn't seem to fit the map.