Sandbox Dragon Fortress

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Aesthetic Maps' started by KNEE TO FACE, Aug 2, 2009.

1. KNEE TO FACE

KNEE TO FACE Ancient

[​IMG]

Hello Everyone,

And welcome to my newest aesthetic map, Dragon Fortress. This is not a playable map, it is pretty much only for aesthetics, as I am entering this map in a contest. It would not play well because there is pretty much no cover, nor weapons. It could be used for something like michinima though, or just to mess around on. I would have liked to have added A LOT more to this map, including more weapons and playability, but unfortunately I hit the object limit pretty fast, due to the large size of the castle and the fact that I had to provide all the flooring for it since it is in the skybubble. This map took forever to complete...about three or days, each with multiple hours of work put in. The dragon alone probably took 3 or 4 hours just to get looking decent. A majority of the pieces of this map are interlocked together as well.

A large fortress high in the sky that was once used by Forerunners as a base. It was been abandoned a long time ago, however. Most of the structure still remains in tact, as if it had not even been abandoned at all. A beautiful court yard holds home to a sacred sword that was used to slay dragons. One dragon still remains, however...and now uses this fortress as his keep. There are ways to fend him off...including 2 cannons...

entrance
    [​IMG]

overview
    [​IMG]

overview
    [​IMG]

backview (lol looks funny cuz u can't see his horns or claws in this pic)
    [​IMG]

using the cannons to fend of the Dragon
    [​IMG]

the courtyard with the sacred sword...
    [​IMG]

a last resort escape rout..trap door
    [​IMG]

kneeling before the throne
    [​IMG]

dragon - side view
    [​IMG]

dragon - front view
    [​IMG]

DOWNLOAD DRAGON FORTRESS

#1 KNEE TO FACE, Aug 2, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  2. Ac3Snip3r

Ac3Snip3r Ancient

A very good looking dragon, not that scary, but actually kind of cute. It would be good if it were playable though.

3. twisted gaming1111

cool castle , maybe inside the castle you should put more things its kinda empty.. how cool would it be if the dragon was real,lol

4. KNEE TO FACE

KNEE TO FACE Ancient

lol ya unfortunately he doesnt look very scary. I used a budgit glitched map, which I shouldnt have, so that messed me up and made me hit the object limit faster than I should have. So I had to delete a lot of pieces, which caused me to not be able to use those pieces anymore that I deleted cuz of the glitch. So I only had limited pieces to choose from on the dragon. That is also why the inside is so empty...because this map is in the skybubble, the floor takes up A LOT of pieces. stupid object limit! >:0

5. jakob hunter

jakob hunter Ancient

the dragon is kinda cute. The castle looks pretty good to. it is a very simple design but works well with the way you made it i really like the area with the sword and how you made the throne. My only complaint would be the tin cups at the end of the bridge i know you hit the budgit and item limit and stuff but it has an odd looking catapiller shaper to it and i would have surounded it with columns or something but the map looks really good none the less and the dragon is completely original i will dl and check it out you should make it playable for like 1 bomb or something. 4/5 rateing from me and a dl keep forging

6. IDave the Rave

IDave the Rave Ancient

That dragon looks a bit too friendly, is it gay?

But seriosly, even though the dragon doesn't look very scary you did a good job with it, as for the castle, the castle doesn't seem to have a very interesting layout.

7. KNEE TO FACE

KNEE TO FACE Ancient

Only if you want him to be Dave, only if you want him to be. If you are in to gay dragons, then sure why not?

8. jakob hunter

jakob hunter Ancient

my friend T-bagged it today lol

anyway i dld the map and other than the flickering and odd-shaped tin-cups my only other complaint is that it needs just a little more interlocking on the main floor but other than that it is a really cool map i love the dragons stubby little feet good work 4/5 still from me

9. cowboypickle23

cowboypickle23 Ancient

that dragon looks sweet, not in a scary way in fact its pretty pathetic looking when it comes to being a vicious dragon lolololol. nice map

10. KNEE TO FACE

KNEE TO FACE Ancient

aha I agree. I was not very satisfied with how he turned out myself. Especially for how much time it took just to get him proportioned and looking decent. But he was a last addition to the map, I made him with pieces I had left over after I was done. Then I hit the object limit. damn it. haha. Just think of him as a "friendly" dragon that isnt angry, but you can beat the crap out of him and blow him up with fusion coils as much as you want. :)

#10 KNEE TO FACE, Aug 3, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  11. Benzu Akamaru

Benzu Akamaru Ancient

The Tin Cups in front of the castle seem a little useless. Perhaps you can delete them and place a double wall or double block or huge block. Or perhaps spawn the people in the castles. Delete the cannons (I know it will be hard to do) and some other useless pieces (perhaps even delete the "flags" that rise out of the towers) and use all those extra spaces to add pieces and weapons and perhaps this could be a playable map. You'd have to save it as a new map, because this version is priceless. If it was a playable map, the dragon would just be for aesthetics and only in the background out of tangible reach.

12. MLG

MLG Ancient

I think the castle and the dragon are both really well made, but doesn't the dragon look to cute to be a fire breathing monster?

13. KNEE TO FACE

KNEE TO FACE Ancient

I would love to do that, but I dont think I can because this is a money glitched map and I had to delete all the weaapons in order to make room on the item limit, so now I can no longer spawn any weapons. Unless I go back to a very incomplete, early stage of this map and redo sections of it, which would take a lot of time. But would it be worth it?

14. bam3214

bam3214 Ancient

this is a really neat map. it would be better if there was more inside the castle and if there was a playable gametype. like zombies where the humans spawned on the dragon or something

15. KNEE TO FACE

KNEE TO FACE Ancient

I agree. I'll see if theres something I can do about changing a few things up and making a zombies or 1 bomb map or something