Dr. Spy

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Gravedigger5454, Aug 6, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. Poor

7.1%
  2. Okay

9.2%
  3. Average

15.3%
  4. Good

24.5%
  5. Great

43.9%
  1. sexy dude

sexy dude Ancient

wow this is really good it looks like a really good game to play

2. TheMisterHat

TheMisterHat Guest

i love minigame maps and i can not wait to play this because this seems fun

3. Hazza

Hazza Ancient

I've definately seen this map on Forgehub before. It might have been a while ago but I don't know if I posted on it. It looks like a great team game where tactics mean the difference between winning or losing. Congratulations for the feature!

4. FreshCherry

FreshCherry Ancient

this is such a cool idea! i love the docter and spy thing. Can't wait to see more of your maps!

5. MNM1245

MNM1245 Ancient

kooks incredibly unique and fun. You got my DL

6. Dr. Chombie

Dr. Chombie Ancient

wow this looks really fun. so from what i can see you cant make the spy have different traits than any other player so there are equipment and weapons on the side for one person to get to become a spy?

7. KUBLUH the forger

This looks fun and creative and also looks like im going to dl it and test it then i'll get back to you about how i think it plays

8. Indie Anthias

Indie Anthias Unabash'd Rubbernecker

Yeah this game really rocks. It's quite an elegant and unique custom setup. Congrats on the feature, Creep!

9. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

hey congrats creeping i played this it was very cool and a inventive way of thinking of a new game. grade A in my book.

10. Elite Ruler

Elite Ruler Ancient

it looks like it would be a really fun game. i would like to see a weapon list of the weapons on the map but besides that it looks really well made.

11. SE7ENS1NS4M

SE7ENS1NS4M Ancient

I think i've played something like this in grade school...but it looks sick i like the way you can have 3 different types of people on 1 team; great job!

12. Creeping Death

Creeping Death What's a Halo?

First off, thanks for the feature Forgehub! I'm glad you like this little game because I sure do. Also, this map was the winner of the Ghosts of Onyx June "Ghost Game Specifics" contest :0) My baby is all growned up! Now, on to some questions and answers....

In the main thread I explained that I decided to let everyone be a shooter/doctor hybrid because it just can't be done any other way. I tried a few different things but I couldn't create a way for just one person to be the doctor. So essentially the game is close to the original rules, but more loosely based on them than anything else.
    In my opinion the game is played best with a larger party. The more confusion the better!

This wasn't really created around a concept of a map, it was more like the opposite. I created the map in a very small amount of time just to support the original setup of the game. I tried to make it as pretty as I could, but based on the setup it was pretty limited. I am exploring some options to try and transfer this gametype to a more traditional map, but it may not work.

Yes, a lot of thinking with some "outside of the box" inspiration.

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Exactly. Your entire team starts with the same traits, but when the custom powerup is picked up you become the Spy and the only player on your team that can cross the center line.

Thanks Pred, always appreciate good words from a fellow GoO member :0)

Thanks bud, glad you like it.

Then all you have to do is check out the original thread my friend! There is a link to it at the bottom of the feature post.

Thanks Furious. It's really flattering to receive praise from such a talented fellow forger.

Lights, you are just the man. Nuff' said.

13. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

It's great this got featured. Looks very tactical in gameplay. Also that was a very creative way to use the fence walls. Great job here. 5/5

14. TheSwamp015

TheSwamp015 Ancient

looks like a great map, im dl now and review it later, the swamp will give u the truth on how it is

15. LittleLordSissy

LittleLordSissy Ancient

Unbelievable....seriously...i have been searching on FH for a map like this....great map 9/10...

16. BarkusTheMan 1

BarkusTheMan 1 Ancient

Nice job it looks like a really interesting gametype! I love tactics in games so this looks perfect for me. Great job it looks like loads of fun!

17. Obibital

Obibital Ancient

this looks very interesting. ill Dl it and play. its a very original mini-game but how do certin things work, how is there only one docter how is there only one spy (on each team). also im woundering how things get featured. so far i only see things made by mods or loyals get featured

18. Creeping Death

Creeping Death What's a Halo?

Feel free to read the post, or read it again if you already did. The most detailed description is in the original thread which Gravedigger posted at the bottom of this thread.

The feature process is a pretty simple one. Just make a creative, unique, well constructed, or fun map and you have a chance. A lot of awesome forgers on this site also happen to be Staff or Loyals and have become that way in some part because of their forging skills. Me personally, I was just promoted to Loyal a little over a week ago but I already knew this was getting featured. It was originally going to be part of a mini-game map pack, but we've done away with those in favor of full fledged features. The reason for the discontinuation is to add more emphasis on the maps and also to not make the forger in question feel slighted.

TrueDarkFusion and !nikheizen like this.
  19. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

wow creep that was very insightful i wasn't expecting that from you. bravo!

20. JSlayer7

JSlayer7 Ancient

Wow.
    I'm loving all these cool mini-game maps coming out and being featured. They are very unique and seem like great fun to play. This one is no exception!