Doomwars

Discussion in 'Reach Mini Game Maps' started by Doomreaper13, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Doomreaper13

Doomreaper13 Forerunner

Hello again and welcome to me finally releasing my minigame called DOOMWARS. this is a ferally simple all out struggle to blow each other up which is almost impossible depending on your elected general. you have unlimited clip weapons that fill the entire battlefield with fire. 2 swords on each base so jedi and sith can clash once again. Keep to the sides and good you shall do.

Loadouts:

Guard:
    Unlimited Sprint
    Plasma Rifle

Scout:
    Unlimited Sprint
    Plasma Pistol
    2 Stickies

Spec Ops:
    Unlimited Sprint
    Plasma Repeater

Hologram:
    Unlimited Hologram
    Spiker

I will stop babbling about the map and let you see for yourselves.

Starting camera.
    [​IMG]

Blue spawn
    [​IMG]

Red spawn
    [​IMG]

Blue Base
    [​IMG]

Red Base
    [​IMG]

Gameplay Video
    DOOMWARS - YouTube

2. Southern

Southern Forerunner

It looks good, but two things kind of bugged me. 1. If you're going to put aesthetics like the ones in the loadout cam, don't put them all under the map. They looked nice, but there's really no point for them if you only see them when respawning. 2. The classes were good, but give the hologram class a plasma weapon. The spiker makes it too obvious, and defeats the purpose of having the hologram. Oh, and i wouldn't call this a mini-game, I'd say it goes in the casual maps section.

3. Doomreaper13

Doomreaper13 Forerunner

actually because there is no honor rules and has a custom gametyp it is a minigame like grifball just a lot more fun and everyone who helped me test and develop this gametyp wanted me to put the spiker on the class it is very helpfull with all of the other weapons taking down there shields. and i forgot to say you can use your armour ability with the bomb. so hologram is very powerful. i also know that i spent unneeded time on the botom of the map but i wanted it to be a believable bridge because im a perfectionist.

4. Aristocrat

Aristocrat Forerunner

Yes a agree with the ability to use amror abilities, such as hologram, while carrying the bomb makes it a lot more powerful or useful. I've have also done the same with one of my maps, hologram while carry an objective makes a good tactic.
    BTW, i like your map, simple yet fun, though as for me i would put some cover; but i guess the no-cover makes it "DOOM" WARS huh?
    Also is it set to bottomless clip?

High 5 for StarWars. :)

5. Doomreaper13

Doomreaper13 Forerunner

yep bottomless clip. of course and actually we tried cover but it wasent fun or as cool to watch. but you do need to do one thing to make the game fun. make the teams even in ability. ive had people do a clan war using DOOMWARS. the game is a lot of fun when you listen to an elected general.

6. Minister Muffin

Minister Muffin Forerunner

Had a blast playing on the map. There was alot of camping, though, inside and above the bases.

It had that feel of a mix of Conquest and Grifball, where you push the enemy team back and bomb their base. The aesthetics of the map aren't wonderful, but I can live with that.

7. Doomreaper13

Doomreaper13 Forerunner

yeah like i show in the description you do need 10 to 16 to make it really fun but we still have small skirmishes anyway because people love it so much. Thank you for trying it out. man i was sooo spoiled when i released my first map nexus. and got a few hundred downloads in one day. this seems soo slow.