Done a little forging last night

Discussion in 'WIP - Works In Progress' started by MobbiN, Nov 26, 2012.

1. MobbiN

MobbiN Promethean

So me and a friend have made a CTF Map it has 3 levels a Bottom mid with OS a mid with an arched walkway to stop spawn killing and a top mid with sniper what conects to the cat walks to connect the spawns up its a symmetrical map for 4v4 gameplay check it out here
    311c303dc29fe5dbe56256ef35e0984d.png
    d932efa8b86fdc13028291c074fd9f97.png
    (The map was currently being edited whilst i was taking these photos)
    6bbb99ebf58275bc4022a64bbbeeca35.png
    so what do you think so far give me your feedback

The map is not finished yet we still need to add a little more cover we have updated bottom mid mid and top mid with a bit of cover and once fully completed i will post more screen shots

2. eating lunch

eating lunch Forerunner

Ha at first I thought "what the hell, its an open barely-sloped hill with a catwalk?" And then I saw the second picture and thought "OOOOHHHHH ok there's an underground/bottom level!" I think your idea of two levels is good. So if you do a good job with some interesting cover that fits in with the map I think it looks like a fun map. Good job!

3. Atik

Atik Ancient

I'm having trouble seeing how the bottom and catwalk levels interact. I would like to see some more cover in the mid level, and maybe more openings to get up and down.

4. Auburn

Auburn a dope soul
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I couldn't really tell much from the pictures, but it looks as though it could use structure because it seems pretty open. Also, there looks to be a lot of base to base lines of sight with a barren middle ground, so players won't be encouraged to move away from home as much as they should.

Having multiple, overlapping levels is pretty cool and assures a good amount of height variation.