does anyone else find this annoying

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RedEcho, Mar 10, 2008.

1. icebubba2005

icebubba2005 Ancient

I would agree. I posted my first map w/ out pics and got about 5 posts saying you need pictures. I can see 1 or 2 but 5 is kinda a lot.

2. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

yea the first two are fair but anything else is just spam

3. MealonX

MealonX Ancient

These people are just pure lazy, I have ADD and ADD does not work like that. I finished a map like a month ago and I havn't posted it yet because I don't have the screenshots, that's ADD

4. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

man the media really screwed up my view on ADD i thought it was a bad thing but you seem like a real nice guy
    and i have seen people post about the smallest most insignificant thing because they don't have anything better to say but they just want the posts

5. phantom1107

phantom1107 Ancient

Well, I have to disagree with you about the pictures. I believe that reguardless of what the mods and what not say, pictures are a must. No-one will DL your map if you don't post pics. That's a fact. They don't want to take all that time just to play on a canvas with a few fusion coils thrown together. I think that this thread is pointless, and that you are just upset at the moment. If they didn't press us for pictures, no-one would post them, and things would become out of hand. Don't "diss" the mods and figures of athority here, bud. They deserve respect for what they do for us and without them, you'd be on the Bungie.net forums (Full of angry folk), hmmmm, maybe you should pay a visit.

Good Day to you.

6. Ryuuketsu

Ryuuketsu Ancient

Phantom, I find your post really... oxymoronic, almost.

You say you disagree with him about the pics, but you also say they must be there, when he said he agreed with this rule, just not the way some people enforce it. So, If you really meant what you said, you would have said you think pictures are a waste of time, and you hate them with a vengeance.

No duh. They'll all be busy telling you "you need pics". Occasionally with the word "n00b" thrown in.

He's not dissing the mods, either. In fact, he's not even referring to them at all. Like Nitrous said, having pics aren't an officially endorsed rule, just a community enforced rule. There is no "Forge Hub Police", just people who go around telling people to fix their map posts. The figures of authority might or might not do this, or have their own opinions, but once again, it's referring to a group of people as a whole, and not just a few who have power.

And yeah, i think it does get annoying when there's a solid wall of "Your post does not meet the standards....etc." It's annoying when i'm just trying to look at when im browsing through the maps.

Edit:

I forgot to mention the you also made an assumption. Those are bad. Those can piss people off.

7. bnasty574

bnasty574 Ancient

if you want people to download your map you need pics. this is forgehub not bungie.net