does anyone else find this annoying

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RedEcho, Mar 10, 2008.

1. RedEcho

RedEcho Ancient

i know its a rule and all but when a map is posted without pictures the
    forge hub police are all like "i needs a picture cuz i got ADD"
    so yeah this is probably gonna get locked but whatevs

i still support the rule but just don't like the picture hounds and especially the people who post "nice map" without even looking at it

2. TXGhost

TXGhost Ancient

Well, I agree with you that people really have to stop their posting of "Need Pictures" but I don't think it is because of ADD, my main theory is that they are just trying to boost their post count up.

3. Klink258

Klink258 Ancient

Multiple "Pics lol" posts will be deleted on sight by any moderator.

4. TXGhost

TXGhost Ancient

O thank you. Thank You. Thank You. This is what Forge Hub needs at this time.

5. iahamp240

iahamp240 Ancient

yeah i kinda got hounded when i posted my map for the historical map tournament. i posted the map information first and then went to photo shack to get the images uploaded. after being gone from my posted map for 40 minutes or somthing like that there was a 3 or 4 posts complaining about no pics.

6. ToochieHxC

ToochieHxC Ancient

it is annoying. i think posting a map doesn't always need pics. I love it when people just have reeeally great descriptions. thats all i need to know if its a good map.

then again maybe their good at writing and bad at making maps, therefore, i need pics... o_O haha

7. Raw King07

Raw King07 Ancient

What I don't like is when people slam a wall of pics below a wall of text. It doesn't really do any good to describe the map and then place some arbitrary pictures just to be in accordance with the rules.

8. JASONYO

JASONYO Ancient

people just say "no pics n00b", but never actually give them the link to go fix it, but then again, for the people who have posted without pics and are going to they should not post until they have all the pics ready. they get fried for a reason sometime, but 1 post is enough

9. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

Better to be in totalitarianism than anarchy.

I agree, people that keep posting the same phrase (pics noob, read the rules, etch.) are trying to inflate their post count. But at the same time, we need to keep a certain rules. Yes, we do need pics in their map posts, because no one wants to download a map that's a piece of crap if we can only download 8 things at a time, and have a maximum of 100 custom content.

10. Nitrous

Nitrous Ancient

It's not an official endorsed rule. The community decides that one.

11. Roche178

Roche178 Ancient

5find it quie nnoying the only reason pics are in such high demand is people dont read the descripton they justlook at the pics.

12. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

But it's a good rule.
    Because most of the time, people will make their maps seem perfect in their descriptions. The pictures will bring the map back down to earth.

13. !nikheizen

!nikheizen Ancient

I need proof the map is good before I download it.
    I just hate how some people post that copy and paste stuff, I mean if you tell them what they need to fix, it will help them a lot more, and seeing that same message interjected with, "need pics" doesn't help at all.
    What I'm saying is, next time you see some one with no images on the page, give them a little walk-through of what they need to do.

14. Blood Enigma

Blood Enigma Ancient

i copy words from turbo :D

15. Egg02

Egg02 Ancient

That makesa sense because if they took time to read the thread they would see that someone has already asked for the pics and there is no need to ask agian. But instead there ends up being about 10 posts asking for pictures in every thread without pics.

16. CrunchyForPresident08

Wow... you've actually seen people blame stuff like this on ADD(Or were you just using that as an example of a complaint)?Because I have ADHD and I even think that's the lamest excuse.
    But anyways i can totally see why they make you give the pictures out.It's most likely for the following reasons-
    1)To make sure the map is what you claim it to be(assuming you're not stealing pics form otther maps)
    2)To minimize people's time spent on the threads so they can just check out the pics and if it looks enteresting they can jaust DL and return to the forums or their xboxs quickly
    3)because it"s really is not hard to do for something so useful when looking for maps
    4)Lastly, it makes it easier for you in the long run because you can try to describe your map perfectly but then you get too many questions and pics bassicly answer tose possible questions

17. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

i'm ok if it has no pics but it has a really detailed and easy to understand description but when people just say "heres my map check it out and get back to me" i get annoyed

18. Shock Theta

Shock Theta Father of 4chub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

My personal rule:

No pics = No download

19. Icy J 101

Icy J 101 Ancient

I understand the need for this rule, but to be honest, I really hate it when people judge your map solely on the pics, I want people to actually play it, and see how it plays, rather than looking at it and saying "looks messy, im not going to bother downloading". Really when you're low on walls and boxes, but you still need a barrier to keep people in your map, it's going to look messy.

20. xCr4zY StA1Rsx

xCr4zY StA1Rsx Ancient

good point

but needs pics

jk
    i agree