Dodgeball, but with fusion coils

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by Vice671, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Vice671

Vice671 Ancient

Map Download LinkBungie.net : Community : Forum Topic Listing : Forum Reply Listing

Game Variant Download LinkBungie.net : Community : Forum Topic Listing : Forum Reply Listing

This map plays just like dodgeball, but with fusion coils. Just like dodgeball, there is one thrower, in this case the zombie, who launches balls, and in this case fusion coils, at everyone else who are standing against a wall. Anyone who gets hit becomes infected and helps the launcher get everyone else. The last player has increased speed.

I took around 6 pictures, but some reason only 2 of them were actually in my screenshot gallery.

Here is the Launchers platform. All he has to do is push the fusion coils forward and they will fall on the man cannons which will launch them at the other players.
    IMPORTANT: Don't be stupid and use the sword to push them. Just walk up to them. Slashing with the sword will cause them to explode.

[​IMG]

Here is a picture of a person trying to dodge the fusion coils, sorry for having such few pictures.

[​IMG]

Enjoy!!! And Please Rate and Comment

#1 Vice671, Aug 16, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  2. Elkan Viel

Elkan Viel Ancient

Ooh nice concept. Usually people use grenades as dodgeballs but this looks fun. I can tell some thought, effort, and time were put into this. 5/5

3. sexy dude

sexy dude Ancient

this is a nice idea it looks really good but 1 against alot i thought it was fair teams

M.Jelleh likes this.
  4. Vice671

Vice671 Ancient

What do you mean. The launcher is the only one who launches fusion coils. The other side just tries to dodge. But if they get hit, they join the launchers team. That's why it is infection. When you die, you get infected and try to infect everyone else.

5. zoner117

zoner117 Ancient

I love the idea of this. When I saw the name, I thought it would have to do with grenades, but this idea is more original. I like how after the humans die, they become zombies instead of having only one life. Well built map too... 5/5.

Keep forging.

#5 zoner117, Aug 16, 2008
  6. Aaronator

Aaronator Ancient

wow

wow nice concept great one but it would be even better if you went back and added asthetics and little things that make it look good. also merge stuff so it will look good.

7. Spark

Spark Ancient

looks realy fun ill dl, good job 4/5

8. zero inx

zero inx Ancient

Nice concept but couldn't one fusion coil blow up and set them all of before they even get to the victims?

9. Jsten419

Jsten419 Ancient

Yeah, I assume that could be reconciled by a run time minimum set really low. I give 4/5 for originality, but this is a one trick pony.

10. Vice671

Vice671 Ancient

No, they don't blow up until they hit the side where the other guys are. And they cannot blow up in the air because no one has guns. Everyone only has swords. The zombies don't use guns because all they have to do is push the fusion coils and the humans shouldn't even have guns because if they did, they would be able to keep killing the zombies non-stop. And by the way, the fusion coils are set the the minimum amount being the same as the highest amount. It all works out great. Just try it for yourself and you'll see.

11. PingPongLegend

PingPongLegend Ancient

this reminds me a lot of torpedo jumpers but it is different

looks like a cool game though
    i like what you did

12. ezekeil20five17

ezekeil20five17 Ancient

nice looking map simple idea well executed needs more pics or a video{use gamevee} to show how it plays and just call it dodge coil people will get it

13. version2

version2 Ancient

hmmm looks interesting I will have to play it with some body some time.

14. Savagesound

Savagesound Ancient

I love this idea (thought it was grenades) but this is much more orginal and alot kewler. But the teleporters scare me because you can just jump over them and you cant see through them so it's hard to dodge.

15. A SouthPark Kid

A SouthPark Kid Ancient

Likes like a fun minigame map 4/5, nice creativity, i would of never thought of pushing the coils out onto a mancannon. Good job.

16. lightning64

lightning64 Ancient

This is a good idea and is very neat.

17. Vice671

Vice671 Ancient

No, the game variant makes it that you have more gravity so you can't jump it. And the teleporters do not block much of your view. You can still easily across the map. The only thing that would cause you not to be able to see all the way across is if you have more than 2 people on one screen.

18. :-Delta-:

:-Delta-: Ancient

That sounds funny!!

4/5, good job =]

#18 :-Delta-:, Aug 16, 2008
  19. Vengeful C

Vengeful C Ancient

Hmm looks pretty unique and original. Never seen it done with fusion coils before. 4/5

20. Warfang

Warfang Ancient

It's an original idea, but it's far from a good map, and the gametype is also flawed. Lets start with the map. First off, no advanced forging techniques were used, and everything looks like a blind person placed it, as there are gaps and lopsided boxes as far as the eye could see. Also, each side is easily cheatable. Speaking of cheating, the teleporters that are supposed to prevent cheating can be jumped over (cheat one), obstruct all players' view, and deflect fusion coils. The infected spawn isn't roofed, as is the Side note: When my brother found both cheats he began to jump up and down and gleefully hum the themesong to the office. Anyways, the gametype also has its errors. For one, the zombies weapon damage should be 0% so they can hit the fusion coils without them blowing up. I hope V.2 will be better.