Sandbox Dodeccaheedron

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by MAXIMUS MISCHIEF, Jun 12, 2009.

1. MAXIMUS MISCHIEF

So this took me about 15 hours from start to finish. It's a small symmetrical map good for team based games (CTF, Assault, etc.). If you guys like it we should get some 4v4's going. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Weapons/powerups/equipment(same for both sides):
    2 BR
    2 Carbine
    1 Mauler
    3 Assault Rifle
    1 Spiker
    1 Brute Shot
    2 Plasma Grenades
    4 Frag Grenades
    2 Spike Grenades
    1 Overshield in center
    1 Bubble Shield

Recommended Gametypes:
    CTF, Multi or One Flag
    Assault, Neutral or One Bomb
    King of the Hill

also compatible with:
    Team Oddball
    Team Slayer

not compatible:
    VIP
    Territories
    Juggernaut
    Free for All

You could probably play Juggernaut or Free for All Slayer on it if you really wanted to, but it's meant for two sided team games. Multi Team also not compatible.

PS. I had to re-upload it because one of the King of the Hill locations was slanted. If you have the first version it won't make a different for gameplay, it just looks weird. =p

Dodeccaheedron

#1 MAXIMUS MISCHIEF, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  2. LSK Mech NL

LSK Mech NL Ancient

Hey If you go to Halo Screen Shots you can add your gamertag and they will find your pictures you made in Halo 3 theater.

Then each picture will get a Forgehub link you can put here :)

Otherwise your post will be deleted in 24 hours.

3. sethkasketch

sethkasketch Ancient

Dodecaheedron only has one C.
    also, yeah, the above site. Remember in future Bungie does not host images. do not use the image location from your bungie profile because they will never work.

4. MAXIMUS MISCHIEF

Thanks. Loading it now.

sethkasketch: You must be thinking about a different Dodeccaheedron. =p

edit - There we are, shots are up. Sorry about that.

#4 MAXIMUS MISCHIEF, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  5. FORGING2PERFEKTION

you got some good ideas. maybe its a little bit to closed you con camp to much and maybe you could interlock your objects that it looks a little bit cleaner.
    the layout is good so overall i think its a 3/5

6. MAXIMUS MISCHIEF

Hey thanks for the feedback.

7. LSK Mech NL

LSK Mech NL Ancient

Hey it would be great if you could give us a overview picture of them map :)

Also adding a weapon/equipment list nd for what gametypes its made will be very usefull :)

But seeing from the pictures I think this could be a good CTF game :)

8. xpk3

xpk3 Ancient

i pan-camed out of the map to get a good full view for ya
    [​IMG]
    , and it is useful to have a weapons equipment and game type list

anyway, welcome to forgehub. ive dl'ed it and had a fly through on forge and its massive, im glad it isnt just flat, theres multiple ways to go which will prove well for gameplay, i couldnt find any interlocking being used but then again it isnt required, a few walls here and there look a bit slanted but other than that great map. i give it a 4.1/5.0

9. MAXIMUS MISCHIEF

Thanks for the feedback guys. I posted up the weapons/equipment list and re-uploaded it (had to fix a little glitch), I think everything is good now. Are there any places on here where I can post my map to get it into a circulation of some sort? *looks around*

10. ANTI YOU

ANTI YOU Ancient

i played a 1v1 game with you on this map the other night. The tunnels and hallways in the middle are a little confusing at first but are great for gameplay. The weapons were balanced and didn't overpower the tunnel system.(rockets and shotgun would have been overkill, bruteshot and maulers just fine) Not everthing is interlocked but that's not completely needed.

11. MAXIMUS MISCHIEF

Hey thanks for the feedback.

I updated this map (changed the lights and a few of the spawn times for weapons, and changed a few of the respawn points around.) So I posted up the new one in the link in first post.

12. xboxfreak

xboxfreak Ancient

nice map. i just played capture the flag on it and it was really fun. i like how the wepons arent too overpowering and also it seems like you could camp a little bit. other then that nice job!

13. Benzu Akamaru

Benzu Akamaru Ancient

A neat and tidy map, without immense unecessary interlocking. I like maps with multi-level structures. I'm sure I could find some nifty tactical jumps with this map, and I'm positive I'll find a way to make it to the very top.

14. MAXIMUS MISCHIEF

Thanks guys. Hey if you find those jumps be sure to tell me where they are! =p